Mac and cheese are one of the best comfort foods on the planet. How about taking it to the next level? Follow this Bobby Flay mac and cheese carbonara recipe to get iconic flavors of meat, cheese, and macaroni.
This mac and cheese carbonara is easy to make. You will need pancetta, garlic, flour, eggs, herbs, and three types of cheese to make the carbonara sauce. Combine boiled macaroni with the sauce and bake to perfection.
I know mac and cheese carbonara involves a number of ingredients. However, to speed up the process, you can grate cheese in the food processor to top up mac and cheese. Moreover, you can also use breadcrumbs as a topping for a flaky top.
Mac and cheese carbonara is a great way to use leftover macaroni. To enjoy this flavorful delicacy, note down the recipe steps. Get details about the equipment that you’ll need to use below. Refer to check out other Bobby Flay recipes.
Other Bobby Flay Recipes That You Can Try
- Bobby Flay Salmon Recipe
- Bobby Flay Grilled Shrimp
- Bobby Flay Flat Iron Steak
- Bobby Flay Sangrita
- Bobby Flay Standing Ribs Roast
- Bobby Flay Roast Turkey
- Bobby Flay Pumpkin Pie
- Bobby Flay Coleslaw
- Bobby Flay Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Bobby Flay Salsa
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Mac And Cheese Carbonara?
- Oven – Bake mac and cheese carbonara in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Baking Dish – Grease the baking dish with butter and fill it up with mac and cheese.
- Cooking Pan – Make the cheese sauce in the cooking pan.
- Spatula – Use a spatula to whisk the sauce ingredients together.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Mac And Cheese Carbonara?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||25 Minutes||35 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Mac And Cheese Carbonara?
- Pancetta – Slice pancetta into small pieces to add to the carbonara sauce.
- Macaroni – Take elbow macaroni to make mac and cheese carbonara.
- Olive Oil – Sauté garlic in the olive oil for a nice fragrance.
- Milk – Add milk to make the carbonara sauce.
- Eggs – Use eggs to make the sauce creamy and smooth.
- Cheddar Cheese – Cheddar cheese has a sharp pungent taste to relish.
- Parmesan Cheese – Parmesan cheese adds a soft texture to mac and cheese.
- Fontina Cheese – Fontina cheese gives earthy, and mushroom flavors.
- Asiago Cheese – Among all cheeses, asiago cheese is creamier and nuttier.
- All Purpose Flour – Add all-purpose flour to thicken carbonara sauce.
- Garlic – Take finely chopped garlic to add aromatic flavors to mac and cheese.
- Thyme – Sprinkle thyme on the top of mac and cheese for some earthy flavor.
- Cayenne Pepper – For some hot and spicy flavors, add a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Parsley – Parsley is a salty and sweet herb. It goes well with any dish as an herb topping.
- Salt – Salt to taste to balance the flavor of mac and cheese.
- Black Pepper – Use black pepper to spice up your mac and cheese carbonara.
Steps To Make Bobby Flay Mac And Cheese Carbonara
1. Prepare Carbonara Sauce
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease the baking dish with butter. Keep it aside. Meanwhile, heat the oil in the large pan. Add the pancetta and cook for eight minutes until golden brown. Discard pancetta from the pan.
Now add garlic to the same pan and cook for a minute. Then, stir in flour and cook for two minutes. Stir in hot milk, and cook until thickened for five minutes. Now it’s time to add eggs and mix well. Cook for another two minutes. Remove the pan from heat.
In the same pan, season the sauce with thyme, and cayenne pepper, and add all the cheese. Mix well until all the cheese is melted. Season with salt and black pepper. Carbonara sauce is ready.
2. Combine Macaroni & Carbonara Sauce
In a large bowl, combine cooked macaroni with the sauce mixture. Transfer to the baking dish.
3. It’s A Bake Time
Combine asiago, cheddar cheese, fontina, and parmesan cheese in the bowl. Sprinkle over the mac and cheese carbonara. Bake for fifteen minutes. Remove from the oven. Serve and enjoy mac and cheese carbonara.
|Total Fat||32 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||76 g|
How Will Bobby Flay Mac And Cheese Carbonara Look And Taste Like?
Bobby Flay mac and cheese carbonara is a creamy, savory, salty, and cheesy affair. It’s the ultimate dish with smooth carbonara sauce loaded with crispy meat, and cheese. It smells intensely cheesy and looks yellowish.
Bobby Flay Mac And Cheese Carbonara Recipe
- 1 sliced Pancetta
- 1 pound Macaroni
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 5 cup Milk
- 4 Eggs
- 1½ cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1½ cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1½ cup Fontina Cheese
- 1 cup Asiago Cheese
- 3 tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 2 teaspoons Thyme
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- ½ cup Parsley
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease the baking dish with butter.
- Heat oil in the saucepan. Add pancetta and cook until golden brown. Remove from the pan.
- Now add garlic and saute. Then add flour and cook for four minutes.
- Add hot milk and eggs to it. Combine well. Remove from pan.
- Season with thyme, cayenne pepper, and three types of cheese. Melt them and mix well. Carbonara sauce is ready.
- In a large bowl, combine carbonara sauce with cooked macaroni.
- Place mac and cheese carbonara in the baking dish.
- Top up with asiago, cheddar cheese, and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for fifteen minutes.
- Bobby Flay mac and cheese carbonara is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is carbonara sauce made of?
Carbonara sauce is made of pancetta, milk, eggs, flour, garlic, asiago cheese, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, herbs, and spices. It’s a creamy sauce that tastes great with three types of cheese. It has a wonderfully cheesy, soft, and thick texture.
How do you keep mac and cheese creamy?
Add milk to mac and cheese for a creamy and thick texture. You can also add cheese and all-purpose flour to make the mac and cheese creamy and tasteful.
What types of pasta to use in mac and cheese?
You can use elbow macaroni pasta in the mac and cheese. They add a nice texture to the mac and cheese.
Is carbonara the same as Alfredo?
No! Carbonara and alfredo sauce is quite different. Alfredo sauce is made with milk, flour, and heavy cream. It’s a thick and creamy white sauce. Carbonara is prepared with pancetta, eggs, flour, and cheese and mixed with pasta.
Is carbonara sauce salty or sweet?
Carbonara sauce is savory, salty, cheesy, creamy, and even meaty. It is loaded with meat, eggs, flour, milk, cheese, herbs, and spices. It is mixed with pasta and creates a magical mac and cheese dish to relish forever.
This fun twist mac and cheese carbonara is loaded with pancetta, cheese, macaroni, herbs, and spices. This mac and cheese combine the goodness of smooth and creamy cheese sauce. It adds enough richness to the dish. Bake this scrumptious mac and cheese carbonara this weeknight and create a fancy memory.