Bobby Flay lobster mac and cheese recipe is an ultra-creamy dish. A rich dish with chunks of lobster meat and the creamy sauce gives you a jaw-dropping experience. It’s perfect for an indulgent weekend meal. That said, lobster mac and cheese is the best I’ve ever had.
This recipe starts with making a creamy sauce with butter, flour, milk, and cream. Pasta goes into the pot, boiled with seasonings. Next step is to add a generous amount of grated cheese, seasonings, and herbs to the sauce. Stir in cooked pasta. Finally, add the lobster to the mix. Topped with breadcrumbs & anchovies, the mac and cheese are ready.
Mac and cheese are great, but when you add lobster, you make it extraordinary. Next time you make mac and cheese for your family dinner, try a lobster version. Also, this is not a regular lobster mac and cheese; it’s topped with breadcrumbs to achieve a crumbly texture. You will get crazy for its unique topping, for sure.
This dish will change the way you view mac and cheese forever! Sweet lobster meat, creamy pasta, and crunchy breadcrumbs make a perfect combination. Follow these simple recipe steps. Get details about the equipment to use and a close look at the flavor and texture of the recipe.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Lobster Mac And Cheese?
- Saucepan – Make a roux with butter and flour in the saucepan.
- Oven – Toast breadcrumbs in the oven until crispy and golden brown.
- Ladle – Mix the sauce with a ladle spoon.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Lobster Mac And Cheese?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|25 Minutes||45 Minutes||1 Hour 10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Lobster Mac and Cheese?
- Pasta Shells – Boil pasta in the water for about ten minutes.
- Butter – Melt butter in the saucepan to make a roux.
- Milk – Add milk to make the mac and cheese sauce.
- Cream – Adding cream to the roux will make it smoother and creamy.
- Fontina Cheese – Add grated fontina cheese to prepare the sauce.
- Parmigiano- Reggiano cheese – Add Parmigiano Reggiano cheese to the sauce for extra cheesy flavors.
- Lobsters – Add lobsters to the mac and cheese for a rich & creamy experience.
- Hot Stock – Add the hot stock to the sauce to make a little runny sauce.
- Oil – Sauté shallots in oil for adding to the mac and cheese.
- Flour – Add flour to the melted butter to make a thickened sauce.
- Breadcrumbs – Sprinkle toasted breadcrumbs over the mac and cheese.
- Anchovy – Anchovy adds a salty and pungent taste to the mac and cheese.
- Parsley – Sprinkle fresh parsley for the earthy aroma.
- Tarragon – Add tarragon to add earthy, bittersweet flavors to the mac and cheese.
- Thyme – Season mac and cheese with thyme to enhance the aroma.
- Black Pepper – A pinch of black pepper adds hot, intense flavors.
- Salt – Season pasta with salt while boiling in hot water.
Steps To Make Bobby Flay Lobster Mac And Cheese
1. Prepare The Sauce
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour and cook for a minute. Add hot stock, milk, and cream. Whisk together until the sauce thickens. Cook for five minutes, and the sauce is prepared.
2. Combine Pasta and Seasonings
Remove sauce from heat. Season with salt and black pepper. Add parsley, tarragon, thyme, cheese, and pasta. Combine. Chop the lobsters into small pieces and fold them into pasta.
3. Make Crumb Topping
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread breadcrumbs on the baking sheet pan and toast until golden brown for ten minutes.
Heat olive oil in the pan. Cook anchovies for two minutes. Now add the toasted breadcrumbs and season with salt and black pepper. Cook and toss nicely. Sprinkle over your pasta. Mac and cheese are ready to serve.
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||34 g|
How Will Bobby Flay Lobster Mac And Cheese Look And Taste Like?
This Bobby Flay lobster mac and cheese is ultra creamy and rich. The sauce is prepared with roux and two types of cheese, making it cheesy and thickened. Lobster adds moist and scrumptious flavors to the mac and cheese. Topping up with breadcrumbs, dried herbs, and anchovy enhances its flavors. A must-try dish straight from Bobby Flay’s kitchen!
Bobby Flay Lobster Mac And Cheese Recipe
- Pasta Shells
- 6 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Cream
- 1.5 Pounds Fontina Cheese (grated)
- 1/4 Cup Parmigiano- Reggiano cheese (grated)
- 2 Pound Lobsters
- 3 Cups Hot Stock
- 2 Tablespoon Oil
- 6 Tablespoon Flour
- 1.5 Cups Breadcrumbs
- 2 Teaspoon Anchovy (minced)
- 1/4 Cup Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Tarragon
- 1 Tablespoon Thyme
- Black Pepper (a pinch)
- Salt (to taste)
- To prepare mac and cheese sauce, melt butter in the pan. Stir in flour and cook for some time. Add hot stock, milk, and cream. Combine. The sauce is ready.
- Remove sauce from heat. Add parsley, tarragon, thyme, salt, black pepper, and pasta. Chop lobster in pieces and combine well with pasta.
- For the crumb topping on pasta, toast breadcrumbs in the oven until flakey for ten minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Now heat olive oil in the pan. Add breadcrumbs and anchovies and cook for two minutes. Top up the pasta with crumb topping.
- Lobster mac and cheese is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What cheese is best in mac and cheese?
Cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, and gruyere cheese are some of the best cheese in mac and cheese.
Can you reheat lobster mac and cheese?
You can reheat the lobster mac and cheese on low heat for about ten to fifteen minutes.
How do you keep mac and cheese moist?
You can keep mac and cheese moist by adding milk and not too much flour while preparing sauce.
How do you make mac and cheese creamy again?
Add one tablespoon of milk to the mac and cheese to make it creamy.
What can I add to mac and cheese to make it better?
For amazing flavor, you can add carrots, peas, onions, shredded chicken, breadcrumbs, and lobster.
For your next dinner meal, try this ooey-gooey, full of cheese and decadent lobster mac and cheese!