Bobby Flay grilled corn on the cob recipe is definitely something to relish. It’s perfectly charred and has strong smoky flavors of charcoal. Brushed with herb and barbecue butter, it turns out to be a classic summer recipe. Let’s take a look at the details.
Firstly, pull down the husk of the corn but leave it unattached. Soak in water for some time and then grill to perfection. Now prepare the barbecue butter by combining the spices, unsalted butter, and seasonings. Also, prepare herb butter with dried herbs and seasonings. Slather on the corn cob and enjoy the flavors bursting in your mouth.
If you’re grilling corn with the husks, soak them first. This prevents them from burning while also moistening the interior, so it steams as it grills. In each bite, you’ll find tasty, juicy kernels bursting with corn flavor.
It’s summertime, so time to grill corn on the cob. There’s nothing better than the sweetness and crunch of summer corn with a touch of smokey char. Before you crave this corn, follow this recipe and gather the equipment you’ll need. Find the details below. Follow the link to know Bobby Flay recipes.
Other Bobby Flay Recipes That You Can Try
- Bobby Flay Bucatini Amatriciana
- Bobby Flay Cornell Chicken
- Bobby Flay Sandwich
- Bobby Flay Pork Chop Recipe
- Bobby Flay Pulled Pork Recipe
- Bobby Flay German Potato Salad
- Bobby Flay Apple Salad
- Bobby Flay Corn Salad
- Bobby Flay Chicken Salad
- Bobby Flay Brussel Sprouts Salad
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Grilled Corn On The Cob?
- Charcoal Grill – Grill corn cob for fifteen minutes on the charcoal grill.
- Tong – Flip the corn cob on the grill with a tong.
- Bowl – Soak corn cob in the water using a bowl.
- Cooking Pan – Saute onions and garlic in the cooking pan to make BBQ butter.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Grilled Corn On The Cob?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|25 Minutes||45 Minutes||25 Minutes||1 Hour 50 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Grilled Corn On The Cob?
- Corn Cob – Grill corn cob for the perfect smokey flavors.
- Butter – Use a teaspoon of butter to make barbecue and herb butter.
- Water – Soak corn cob in the water before grilling.
- Worcestershire Sauce – Add Worcestershire sauce to the barbecue butter for hot flavors.
- Garlic – Garlic gives a fragrant aroma to the barbecue butter.
- Onion – Onion adds an amazing crunch to the barbecue butter.
- Cayenne Powder – Level up the spiciness of the barbecue butter with cayenne powder.
- Cumin Seeds – Cumin seeds bring earthy flavors to the butter.
- Ancho Chili Powder – Add some ancho chili powder to barbecue butter for a fruity, spicy flavor.
- Chives – Chives are great for herb butter to bring freshness.
- Basil – Basil is the most essential herb to prepare herb butter.
- Salt – A little bit of salt in flavored butter enhances the taste.
- Black Pepper – Use a dash of black pepper to add strong flavors to butter.
Steps To Make Bobby Flay Grilled Corn On The Cob
1. Prepare Corn
Heat the grill to medium heat. Meanwhile, work on the corn cob. Pull the husks down but don’t remove them. Just keep it open and intact. Then place the corn cob in the water for at least ten minutes. This will keep the moisture of the kernels.
2. Grill The Corn
Remove corn cob from the water. Grill for at least fifteen to twenty minutes. Turn every five minutes. Remove the husk from the corn now once grilled and place in the kitchen.
3. Make Barbecue Butter
Heat oil in the pan over high heat. Add onions and garlic and cook for three minutes. Then, add paprika, cayenne, cumin, and ancho chili powder. Cook for another minute. At last, add half a cup of water so the spices are not burned. Mix well and cook until water is reduced to half. Remove from heat. Keep it aside.
Take a tablespoon of butter and transfer it to the food processor. Add the spice mixture we just prepared. Stir in Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Season it with salt and black pepper and transfer the mixture to a small bowl.
Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Barbecue Butter is ready.
4. Prepare Herb Butter
Combine butter, basil, and chives in the food processor. Season with salt and black pepper. Process until smooth. Herb butter is ready.
5. Serve Corn
Serve the corn with barbecue butter and spread herb butter over the corn. Enjoy!
How Will Bobby Flay Grilled Corn On The Cob Look And Taste Like?
Bobby Flay grilled on the cooking recipe looks charred. With a hint of char, this smoky grilled corn on the cob is juicy and tender. It is perfectly slathered with hot and spicy barbecue butter. Topped with refreshing and earthy herb butter.
|Total Fat||8.1 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||20 g|
Bobby Flay Grilled Corn On The Cob Recipe
- 8 Corn Cob
- 2 sticks Butter
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Ancho Chili Powder
- 1/2 cup Chives
- 1/2 cup Basil
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (a dash)
- Heat grill on high heat. Meanwhile, put down the husk from the corn and remove the silks. Return back the husk to the corn and place it on the grill.
- Grill for twenty minutes.
- Meanwhile, grilling, and preparing BBQ butter. Add onions, and garlic to the pan filled with oil and cook for three minutes.
- Add paprika, cayenne, cumin, and ancho chili powder. Cook for a minute.
- Now add water so the spices don’t get burned. Mix well and cook until water is reduced to half. Keep it aside.
- Place a tablespoon of butter into the food processor. Add the spice mixture we just prepared. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and process the butter.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Barbecue Butter is ready.
- Combine butter, basil, and chives in the food processor. Season with salt and black pepper. Process until smooth. Herb butter is ready.
- Serve the corn with barbecue butter and spread herb butter over the corn. Enjoy!
- Bobby Flay grilled corn on the cob is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long does corn take on the grill?
It takes around fifteen to twenty minutes to grill.
Do you have to pre-soak corn before grilling?
Yes! Pre-soaking the corn in the water before grilling retains its moisture well.
Can you grill corn without boiling first?
Yes! You can grill corn without boiling it.
Is it better to grill or boil corn?
Grilling corn with their husk is always better.
What goes well with corn on the cob?
Corn on the cob goes well with salad, grilled chicken, pork ribs, and even rice.
Check out this amazing Bobby Flay grilled on the cob summer recipe! You will ask for more!