Boost your mood with this creamy, rich Bobby Flay German potato salad recipe. You’ll love this salad with bacon, veggies, mustard, and vinegar. A complete tangy, creamy salad as you want for yourself! Let’s hover over the recipe.
Start with boiling potatoes. Once boiled, cube them into the bowl. Then saute onions and bacon in the olive oil. Stir in vinegar and season it with salt and pepper. Now combine everything in the bowl. Garnish it with parsley, green onions, salt, and pepper.
So, what’s really good about this salad? The hot potatoes are tossed with bacon and vinegared onions. Combine mustard sauce for some creamy texture and green onions for a pop of flavor and color.
Are you excited to make German-influenced food at home? Then this Bobby Flay German potato salad won’t disappoint you. It’s a delicious salad bursting with various flavors. Try this yourself by following the recipe here. Also, find nutritional information below. Follow the link to know Bobby Flay recipes.
What's In The Post
Other Bobby Flay Recipes That You Can Try
- Bobby Flay Bucatini Amatriciana
- Bobby Flay Cornell Chicken
- Bobby Flay Sandwich
- Bobby Flay Pork Chop Recipe
- Bobby Flay Pulled Pork Recipe
- Bobby Flay German Potato Salad
- Bobby Flay Apple Salad
- Bobby Flay Corn Salad
- Bobby Flay Chicken Salad
- Bobby Flay Brussel Sprouts Salad
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay German Potato Salad?
- Pot – Cook onions and potatoes in a pot filled with water.
- Cooking Pan – Saute onions and bacon in the cooking pan.
- Plate – After the bacon is cooked, drain them on the plate.
- Spatula – Get a nice wooden or rubber spatula to mix and combine.
- Bowl – Combine potato salad ingredients in a large bowl.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay German Potato Salad?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||20 Minutes||35 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay German Potato Salad?
- Potatoes – Boil potatoes before adding to salad.
- Red Onion – Take one big yellow or red onion and saute it in the pan.
- Bacon – Adding crispy bacon to the salad will enhance the taste.
- Vinegar – Cook onions with vinegar to get a tangy and sour flavor.
- Olive Oil – Cook bacon and onions in olive oil to preserve their nutrition.
- Dijon Mustard – Add mustard sauce to the salad for a spicy taste and creamy texture.
- Parsley – Garnish the salad with some fresh parsley.
- Green Onions – Green onions add good color to the salad.
- Salt – Add some salt to the salad for a balanced taste.
- Black Pepper – Dash of black pepper to make the salad a bit spicy.
Steps To Make Bobby Flay German Potato Salad
1. Cook Potatoes And Onion
Preheat the grill to high heat. Place potatoes and red onion in a large pot filled with water. Sprinkle some salt. Cover and cook on the grill for some time. Once cooked, remove the onions and potatoes. Cut the potatoes into small cubes. Transfer them into a large bowl.
2. Prepare Bacon
Heat oil in the pan. Add bacon cubes and cook until crisp for six to eight minutes. Remove bacon and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
Now saute red onions in the pan. Stir in vinegar and mustard sauce—Cook for two minutes. Now season with salt and black pepper. Remove the pan from the heat.
3. Plating Up Salad
Transfer the bacon and onions to the large bowl of potatoes. Toss well. Add green onions and parsley. Season it with salt and black pepper. German potato salad is ready.
|Total Fat||9.6 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||25 g|
How Will Bobby Flay German Potato Salad Look And Taste Like?
Again! Bobby Flay has done a magical job by recreating German potato salad. It’s a rich, creamy, tangy, and savory salad. The crispy bacon and red onions add a distinct flavor and crunch to every bite. Moreover, the salad looks colorful with green onions.
Bobby Flay German Potato Salad Recipe
- Cooking Pan
- 3 pounds Potatoes
- 1 Red Onion
- ½ pound Bacon
- ¾ cup Vinegar
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- ¼ cup Parsley
- 8 Green Onions
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (a dash)
- Place onions and potatoes in a large pot filled with salted water. Cook on medium heat for ten minutes.
- Discard them from the pot. Cut potatoes into cubes and place them in a large bowl.
- Now cook bacon in the pan for six to eight minutes on medium heat. Cook until crisp. Transfer to a plate.
- Saute onions along with vinegar and mustard sauce. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Transfer cooked onions and bacon to the bowl of potatoes. Mix well. Fold in parsley and green onions. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Bobby Flay’s German potato salad is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the difference between American and German Potato Salad?
There are two major differences between American and German potato salad. American potato salad has mayonnaise-based salad, whereas German potato salad is vinegar and bacon-based. American potato salad is served cold, and German potato salad is served warm.
Do you put eggs in German Potato Salad?
Bobby Flay, a well-known chef, makes German potato salad without eggs. Instead, he uses the crispy bacon to enjoy this salad.
Can you freeze German potato salad?
You can freeze German potato salad. But, it will alter the dish’s taste because it is usually served warm.
How long can German potato salad be left out?
You can put German potato salad at room temperature for 2 hours. Please don’t put it out for more than 2 hours for food safety reasons. This salad should be warm when you eat it.
How long can you store German potato salad?
You can store German potato salad in the refrigerator for three to four days.
German potato salad is a traditional recipe popular in Germany. Unlike the chilled mayo-based cold salad, this potato salad is served warm. This would fit great as your picnic meal. Or serve alongside sausages, nuggets, and even a wrap. Count on this salad forever!