How about relishing some crispy and savory bites of fried chicken on weekends? Sounds interesting, right? I am presenting you with a quick and simple Bobby Flay fried chicken recipe. Let’s see how to make this tempting appetizer at home.
Scrumptious fried chicken is made with marinated chicken, dipped in buttermilk, and coated with a paste of all-purpose flour. Further, it is seasoned with salt and black pepper and deep-fried until golden brown. They come out crispy on the outside and tender inside.
One amazing thing about this fried chicken recipe is that you can tweak the elements as per your taste. For example, add red chili powder or green chilies if you love spicy flavors. To make them more healthy, you can air-fry them instead of deep-frying. Gorge on these delectable fried chicken without any guilt.
Serve Bobby Flay fried chicken when guests come home. You can also enjoy this binge-worthy fried chicken on Friday movie night plans. Find detailed recipe instructions and equipment details below. Refer to check out other Bobby Flay recipes.
Other Bobby Flay Recipes That You Can Try
- Bobby Flay Grilled Corn On The Cob
- Bobby Flay German Potato Salad
- Bobby Flay Grilled Potato Salad
- Bobby Flay Sweet Potato Recipe
- Bobby Flay Fajitas
- Bobby Flay Red Velvet Cake
- Bobby Flay Sauteed Kale
- Bobby Flay Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- Bobby Flay Parker House Roll Recipe
- Bobby Flay Sangria Recipe
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Fried Chicken?
- Bowl – Marinate chicken in the bowl and place them in the refrigerator.
- Slotted Spoon – Remove chicken pieces from the oil with a slotted spoon.
- Deep Skillet Pan – Pour three cups of oil into the deep skillet pan and deep-fry chicken.
- Wire Rack – Drain fried chicken on the wire rack.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Fried Chicken?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||4 Hours||1 Hour 20 Minutes||5 Hours 40 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Fried Chicken?
- Chicken – Use three pounds of chicken and cut them into pieces to make fried chicken.
- Buttermilk – Buttermilk tenderizes the chicken and makes it taste flavorful.
- Oil – Deep-fry chicken in the oil over medium heat.
- All-Purpose Flour – All-purpose flour adds a nice crispy coating to the fried chicken.
- Garlic Powder – One tablespoon of garlic powder hints at a garlicky note.
- Onion Powder- Onion powder adds a sweet and savory flavor to the chicken.
- Sweet Paprika – Sweet paprika gives the perfect red color to the fried chicken and adds a nice fruity and spicy flavor.
- Salt – Add salt to balance the spices in the fried chicken.
- Black Pepper – Black pepper gives earthy and spicy notes to the fried chicken.
Steps To Make Bobby Flay Fried Chicken
1. Marinate Chicken
Combine buttermilk, salt, chile de Arbol powder, and black pepper in a bowl. Mix well. Add chicken pieces and coat them well. Refrigerate for four hours to marinate chicken well. Marinating will enhance the flavor of the chicken.
2. Prepare Chicken For Frying
Prepare a small bowl with two cups of buttermilk. Combine flour, garlic, onion, red paprika, and two teaspoons of chile de Arbol powder in a large bowl. Divide the flour mixture on a shallow plate and season with salt and black pepper.
Remove marinated chicken from the refrigerator. First, dip chicken pieces into buttermilk. Then, dredge in the flour mixture and place the chicken pieces on the clean platter.
3. Deep-Fry Chicken
Pour oil for deep-frying in the deep pan—heat oil on a medium flame. Put chicken pieces in the pan in batches and deep-fry them until golden brown. Remove chicken pieces with a slotted spoon and transfer them to the wire rack. Bobby Flay’s fried chicken is ready.
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||4.4 g|
How Will Bobby Flay Fried Chicken Look And Taste Like?
This classic fried chicken recipe is crispy on the outside and tender inside. It looks golden brown and tastes spicy and savory. These tasty fried chicken are amazing to enjoy with ketchup.
Bobby Flay Fried Chicken Recipe
- Slotted Spoon
- Deep Skillet Pan
- Wire Rack
- 4 pounds Chicken
- 1 quarts Buttermilk
- Oil (for frying)
- 4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Paprika
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (a pinch)
- To marinate chicken, combine buttermilk, salt, chile de Arbol powder, and black pepper. Mix well. Put the chicken pieces in a bowl and coat them well. Refrigerate for four hours.
- Add two cups of buttermilk to a small bowl. Combine flour, garlic, onion, red paprika, and two teaspoons of chile de Arbol powder in a large bowl. Transfer the flour mixture to a shallow plate. Season with salt.
- Remove marinated chicken from the refrigerator.
- Dip chicken pieces into buttermilk and then in flour mixture. Place them on the clean platter.
- Now heat the oil in the deep pan. Once hot, add chicken pieces to the oil and fry them for three to four minutes until golden brown. Drain and transfer fried chicken to the rack.
- Bobby Flay Fried chicken is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the secret to good fried chicken?
Marinate the chicken for at least four to five hours to get the best-fried chicken.
How long should we fry chicken?
Fry chicken for at least three to four minutes on each side for a crispy layer outside.
Which chicken is best for frying?
Chicken breast is best for frying.
What oil do you pan-fry chicken in?
You can use canola oil or peanut oil for frying chicken.
How do you keep fried chicken crispy?
Fry them twice to keep them crispy and golden brown.
Enjoy this Bobby Flay fried chicken with your family; I am sure they will shower you with praises.