Wanna make the best steak of your life? Endeavor this Bobby Flay flank steak recipe that is up to the mark! These flank steaks are grilled with a spicy and tangy sauce marinade. It makes them juicy, and supple and creates a caramelized crust on the top. So, let’s start the show with a promising flank steak!
We first will start with simmering balsamic vinegar. Next, make the sauce with onions, garlic, and some other rich elements. Slather flank steaks with the sauce and serve with cheesy bread. Prepare this impressive dinner for weekend nights.
When you prepare the sauce for the steaks, use olive oil because it adds a nice buttery note, unlike canola oil. If you want the sauce to be extra spicy, add Worcestershire sauce for hot flavors. Lastly, balsamic vinegar gives the sauce a citrusy flavor. Make flank steak lip-smacking with these tips.
How about preparing these steaks? Then let this Bobby Flay flank steak recipe impress you with intense flavors. You can enjoy these juicy steaks with bread or even with salad mix. You’ll find details about the equipment to use and nutritional information for the recipe below. Follow the link to know Bobby Flay recipes.
What's In The Post
Other Bobby Flay Recipes That You Can Try
- Bobby Flay Bucatini Amatriciana
- Bobby Flay Cornell Chicken
- Bobby Flay Sandwich
- Bobby Flay Pork Chop Recipe
- Bobby Flay Pulled Pork Recipe
- Bobby Flay German Potato Salad
- Bobby Flay Apple Salad
- Bobby Flay Corn Salad
- Bobby Flay Chicken Salad
- Bobby Flay Brussel Sprouts Salad
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Flank Steak?
- Charcoal Grill – Grill flank steaks on the charcoal grill for fifteen minutes.
- Cooking Pan – Saute onions and garlic along with sauces and spices in the cooking pan.
- Spatula – Use a spatula to mix everything together.
- Electric Blender – Process sauce ingredients in the blender to make a fine sauce.
- Bowl – Transfer the sauce into the bowl and refrigerate for some time.
- Cutting Board – Place grilled flank steaks on the cutting board.
- Tong – Use a tong to turn flank steaks on the grill.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Flank Steak?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|40 Minutes||50 Minutes||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Flank Steak?
- Flank Steaks – Flank steaks are the best cut of meat. It’s juicy and tender.
- Olive Oil – Brush bread slices with olive oil.
- Canola Oil – Saute onions, garlic, and seasonings in canola oil to maintain the flavors.
- Balsamic Vinegar – Prepare the sauce with sweet and sour balsamic vinegar.
- Ketchup – Add ketchup to the sauce for sweet and tangy flavors.
- Dijon Mustard – Dijon mustard sauce is perfect for creamy pungent flavors.
- Red Wine Vinegar – Add some red wine vinegar to achieve a sharply strong taste in the sauce.
- Worcestershire Sauce – Want some hot and spicy flavors in the sauce? Add Worcestershire sauce.
- Chipotle Sauce – Loved by all, chipotle sauce is a creamy and spicy taste combination.
- Honey – A splash of honey in sauce balances the flavor of the sauce as well as adds a health quotient.
- Molasses – Get smokey and warm flavors in your sauce with molasses.
- Monterey Jack Cheese – Top up bread slices with mild and buttery monetary jack cheese.
- Onion – Savory onion adds flavor and texture to the sauce.
- Garlic – For deep garlicky notes and fragrance, garlic is a must.
- Scallions – Garnish bread with peppery and refreshing scallions.
- French baguette Bread Slices – Grill french bread slices to serve with flank steaks.
- Ancho Chili Powder – Get rich flavored sauce with ancho chili powder.
- Paprika- For some extra spice, sprinkle some paprika into the sauce.
- Salt – Season everything with a pinch of salt.
- Black Pepper – Sprinkle black pepper for a strong and spicy flavor.
Steps To Make Bobby Flay Flank Steak
1. Prepare The Sauce
In a small saucepan, add balsamic vinegar and simmer for fifteen minutes until reduced to half. Keep it aside. Now, heat oil in the pan and cook onions and garlic for two minutes. Add ketchup and water. Bring to a boil.
At this time, reduce the heat, and simmer for five minutes. Now add balsamic vinegar we just simmered, chile powder, paprika, mustard sauce, red wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, chipotle sauce, brown sugar, honey, and molasses.
Cook everything for ten minutes. Then transfer the mixture to a blender. Season with salt and black pepper. Make a puree. Now transfer the sauce into the bowl, cool down, and refrigerate.
2. Cook Steaks
Preheat the grill to high heat. Brush steak with oil and season with salt and black pepper. Grill for three minutes on each side. Make them brown. Now baste with the sauce we just prepared, and grill for another five minutes.
Transfer the grilled steaks to the cutting board. Let it cool for ten minutes.
3. Prepare Cheesy Bread
Brush the bread with olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper. Grill bread on both sides. Remove from the grill. Top up bread with Monterey jack cheese. Put the bread on the foil and return to the grill to let the cheese melt.
4. Assemble Flank Steaks
Arnage the steaks on the bread and garnish with scallions. Bobby Flay flank steaks are ready.
|Total Fat||7 g|
How Will Bobby Flay Flank Steak Look And Taste Like?
Bobby Flay flank steak is a juicy and spicy affair. It’s grilled to perfection with a crunchy caramelized texture on the top. After grilling, it turns dark brown to deep red. Served with cheesy grilled bread, brings rich spicy, and cheesy flavors.
Bobby Flay Flank Steak Recipe
- Charcoal Grill
- Cooking Pan
- Electric Blender
- Cutting Board
- 2 pound Flank Steaks
- Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1.5 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1.5 teaspoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1.5 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chipotle Sauce
- 2 teaspoon Honey
- 2 teaspoon Molasses
- 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 Onion
- 1 Garlic
- French baguette Bread Slices
- 1 tablespoon Ancho Chili Powder
- 1.5 teaspoon Paprika
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (a dash)
- Stir balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan and simmer for fifteen minutes until reduced by half. Keep it aside.
- Now, heat oil in the pan and cook onions and garlic for two minutes. Add ketchup and water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, and simmer for five minutes. Add the balsamic vinegar we just simmered. Add chile powder, paprika, mustard sauce, red wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, chipotle sauce, brown sugar, and honey.
- Cook everything for ten minutes. Then transfer the mixture to a blender.
- Season with salt and black pepper. Make a puree.
- Place the sauce in the bowl, cool it down, and store it in the fridge.
- Preheat the grill to high heat. Spritz steak with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill for three minutes on each side. Make them brown. After five minutes of grilling, baste with the sauce we just made.
- Place the grilled steaks on a cutting board. Let it cool for ten minutes.
- Arrange the steaks on the bread and top with scallions.
- Bobby Flay flank steaks are ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is flank steak best for?
Flank steaks are suitable for grilling, roasting, and broiling.
Is flank steak a good cut of meat?
Yes! Flank steak is a delicious cut of meat and versatile. You can prepare it in various ways.
What is the best method to cook a flank steak?
Grilling is the best method to cook flank steak as it will make it juicy and tender.
How do you tenderize flank steak?
While grilling, baste it with sauce so it will become tender.
How long do you cook a flank steak?
Cook flank steaks at least for fifteen minutes.