Fish tacos are glorious creations, full of tasty goodness. They are super easy, delicious, and quick to make. Today, I have come up with a Bobby Flay fish tacos recipe. You will love how he prepares tacos with a mix of spices, sauces, and toppings. Let’s explore.
To start making fish tacos, first marinate the fish with oil, lime juice, and spices. Grill the fish to perfection. Prepare tomato salsa puree with tomatoes, spices, and herbs. Fill up the tacos with fish, salsa, and lots of toppings. You are ready with your taco treat.
Are you making tacos for the first time? Here are some tips for you. Use lean and flaky white fish filets, as they add a nice mild flavor to tacos. Moreover, if you have time, marinate fish for more than thirty minutes before grilling.
Fish tacos are everyone’s favorite. You will enjoy recreating Bobby Flay fish tacos at home with delicious toppings. By following this recipe, you’ll learn how to make fish tacos that are delicious and also nutritious at the same time. Refer to check out other Bobby Flay recipes.
Other Bobby Flay Recipes That You Can Try
- Bobby Flay Grilled Corn On The Cob
- Bobby Flay German Potato Salad
- Bobby Flay Grilled Potato Salad
- Bobby Flay Sweet Potato Recipe
- Bobby Flay Fajitas
- Bobby Flay Red Velvet Cake
- Bobby Flay Sauteed Kale
- Bobby Flay Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- Bobby Flay Parker House Roll Recipe
- Bobby Flay Sangria Recipe
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Fish Tacos?
- Grill – Grill fish on medium heat.
- Dish – Place fish on the dish and marinate.
- Saucepan – Make tomato salsa in the saucepan.
- Blender – Blend the salsa mixture using a blender.
- Spatula – Use a spatula to whisk ingredients together.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Fish Tacos?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||15 Minutes||20 Minutes||1 Hour|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Fish Tacos?
- Flaky White Fish – Use flaky white fish like Mahi Mahi Orata.
- Oil – Add oil to the fish for the marination.
- Lime Juice – Lime juice is used for fish marination. It gives nice tangy flavors.
- Hot Sauce – Hot sauce is best for the tacos topping. Use chipotle sauce.
- Sour Cream – Sour cream gives a nice attractive look to the fish tacos.
- Tomato Salsa – Tomato salsa is pureed with the blender and placed in tacos.
- Tortillas – Load up tortillas with fish, salsa and sauces.
- Red Onion – Use some red onions as a topping for tacos.
- Green Onion – Add green onions to the tacos for a refreshing vibe.
- Cilantro Leaves – Chop some cilantro leaves and sprinkle them over your tacos.
- White Cabbage – Take shredded white cabbage and garnish tacos.
- Garlic – Sauté garlic in the saucepan for fragrance.
- Jalapeno – Jalapeno peppers add a nice spicy flavor to the fish tacos.
- Oregano – Use some oregano for the fish marinade.
- Ancho Chili Powder – Spice up fish tacos with ancho chili powder.
- Salt – Balance the taste of tacos with salt.
- Black Pepper – Season tomato salsa with black pepper.
Steps To Make Bobby Flay Fish Tacos
1. Marinate Fish
Preheat the grill to medium heat. Place fish in the dish. Combine oil, lime juice, ancho chili powder, jalapeno, and cilantro. Pour over fish and marinate for twenty minutes.
2. Grill Fish
Discard fish from marination. Place fish on the grill and cook each side for five minutes. After that, place tortillas on the grill and cook for twenty seconds on both sides.
3. Prepare Tomato Salsa
Preheat the grill. Meanwhile, heat the oil in the saucepan. Cook onions and garlic until soft. Then add tomatoes, serrano, and jalapeno peppers. Cook until tomatoes are soft. It will take fifteen minutes.
It’s time to puree the tomato mixture with the blender. Add hot sauce, oregano, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
4. Get Your Tacos Ready
Divide the fish into the tortillas. Place tomato salsa and garnish with white cabbage, hot sauce, sour cream, red onion, green onions, and cilantro. Bobby Flay fish tacos are ready.
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||18 g|
How Will Bobby Flay Fish Tacos Look And Taste Like?
Fish tacos are the most delicious food you can ever have! Fresh grilled fish, tangy and spicy tomato salsa, all wrapped in a warm tortilla. Drizzle sauces and colorful vegetables to make your tacos look appealing. These sauces give a right spicy kick to it. Moreover, sour cream adds a nice layer of creaminess to the top.
Bobby Flay Fish Tacos Recipe
- 1 pound Flaky White Fish
- ¼ cup Oil
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- Hot Sauce (for garnishing)
- Sour Cream (for garnishing)
- 1 cup Tomato Salsa
- 8 Tortillas
- 1 Red Onion
- Green Onion (for garnishing)
- ¼ cup Cilantro Leaves
- White Cabbage (shredded) (for garnishing)
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 Jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon Ancho Chili Powder
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (a dash)
- Preheat the grill.
- Marinate fish with oil, lime juice, ancho chili powder, jalapeno, and cilantro. Rest for fifteen minutes.
- Place fish on the grill and cook each side for five minutes.
- Place tortillas on the grill and cook each side for thirty seconds.
- To prepare tomato salsa, heat the oil in the saucepan. Cook onions and garlic. Then add tomatoes, serrano, and jalapeno peppers. Cook for fifteen minutes.
- Puree tomato mixture using a blender.
- Season salsa with hot sauce, oregano, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and black pepper.
- Fill up tortillas with fish, and tomato salsa.
- Garnish with shredded white cabbage, hot sauce, sour cream, red onion, green onions, and cilantro.
- Bobby Flay fish tacos are ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Which fish has Bobby Flay used for the fish tacos?
Bobby flay has used flaky white fish for the fish tacos. You can take Mahi Mahi or Orata for the amazing flavors and texture of tacos. They both are mild in flavor and quickly cooked on the grill.
What are fish tacos made of?
Fish tacos are made of fish fillets and tomato salsa. These fish tacos are garnished with cabbage, sour cream, hot sauce, onions, cilantro, and green.
What can you enjoy along with fish tacos?
There are so many side dishes that you can enjoy, along with fish tacos: Mexican rice, nachos, chips and salsa, jalapeno peppers, guacamole, and even soups.
Is halibut or cod better for fish tacos?
You can use halibut or cod fish for the tacos. However, note that it uses a fattier fish that don’t pull apart on the grill or high heat. When adding fish to tacos, they should hold in the tacos. For that, you can go for salmon, swordfish, and even tuna.
What sauces go well with fish tacos as a topping?
You can go for hot sauce, pepper sauce, apricot sauce, mustard sauce, orange sauce, and even lemon fruit sauce.
Bobby Flay’s fish tacos recipe is white corn tortillas with a generous portion of grilled fish sprinkled with diced onions, tomato salsa, and wonderful toppings. Suitable for home parties, these tacos will give you goosebumps in every bite. Try it yourself!