If you are looking for a healthy recipe to make that is also high in taste parameters, then Jaime Oliver’s blackened chicken and quinoa salad recipe is the one for you. It is flavorful, delicious and really easy to make.
I found this recipe in Jamie Oliver’s cookbook and had to give it a try. It has a lot of flavors coming together. It has the punch of spices and peppers, the tang of limes and the sweetness of mango. It is also very easy to make and gets ready in about 15 minutes.
To make Jamie Oliver’s blackened chicken with quinoa salad, cook the quinoa. Blend together spinach, coriander, spring onions and chili. To this, add the quinoa and squeeze lime juice. Add olive oil and salt. Mix well. Add the mango chunks to it. Toss the chicken in salt, pepper and paprika and fry. Also, fry the bell paper. Slice the chicken and serve along with the salad and feta.
This was just an introduction to the whole recipe. Let’s see the complete recipe of blackened chicken with quinoa salad below.
Ingredients For Jamie Oliver’s Blackened Chicken With Quinoa Salad
For Quinoa Salad
- 300g Quinoa
- 1 fresh Red Chili or Yellow Chili
- 100g Baby Spinach
- 4 Spring Onions
- 1 bunch fresh Coriander
- 1 bunch fresh Mint
- 1 large ripe Mango (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 2 Limes
- 2 tablespoon Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 50g Feta Cheese
- 250g Water Cress
- 200 g Chicken Breasts (skinless)
- 1 teaspoon ground Allspice
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- Olive Oil (as needed)
- 2 mixed color Bell-Peppers
- 4 tablespoon Fat-Free Yogurt
These are the ingredients you’ll need to make the blackened chicken and quinoa salad. Now, let’s see the tie required.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Jamie Oliver’s Blackened Chicken with Quinoa Salad?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||15 Minutes||25 Minutes|
Let’s now move to the steps of the recipe and see how it’s made.
Steps To Make Jamie Oliver’s Blackened Chicken with Quinoa Salad
- In a pan, add quinoa and water. Cover the pan with a lid.
- In a blender, add coriander, chili, trimmed spring onions, and spinach in it and blend it all.
- In a bowl, add the chicken with allspice and paprika. Fry tossed chicken with olive oil in a pan by turning after a few minutes until cooked.
- Now, cut the bell peppers into strips and add them to the frying pan as well.
- Drain the quinoa in the cold tap and toss with spinach mixture, squeeze over the lime juice. Add the extra virgin olive oil, mix well and add salt.
- Add the mango chunks and cooked peppers over the quinoa.
- Cut the chicken into slices, toss the slices in yogurt and add to the salad. Crumble over the feta, scatter over the remaining coriander leaves and snip over the cress.
Disclaimer: Jamie’s 15-minute meals recipe is a part of Jamie’s 15-minute meals book and episodes. You will also find Jamie Oliver 15 minute meals on YouTube. This famous British Chef also has a collection of Jamie’s 15-minute meals chicken. Some Jamie Oliver 15 minute meals chicken recipes are Blackened Chicken with Quinoa Salad recipe, Pasta Pesto with Chicken recipe. Try it to make it your place and let us know how Jamie Oliver 15 minute meals taste.
Let’s see the nutritional content of this healthy recipe below.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Jamie Oliver’s Blackened Chicken With Quinoa Salad
Here is the nutritional breakdown for this recipe.
How To Make Jamie Oliver’s Blackened Chicken With Quinoa Salad At Home | Video
Here is a similar video of the recipe for your help. Check it out!
This was it about the recipe! Tell me how well you like it in the comments below. Also, leave your suggestions and queries in the comments and I’ll try y best to help you. Till then, happy eating!