I was in London, for my alone vacation there and I was there to explore the city, I went on the streets of London with a map in my hand and searching the best restaurants of the city.
The first restaurant I explore was restaurant of a famous chef and the name of that restaurant was Jamie Oliver’s Diner Piccadilly and I was sitting the restaurant holding the menu card of the restaurant. I don’t know what to eat.
I asked a person who was sitting there about what to eat, he suggested me to eat the Blackened chicken with Quinoa Salad, I ordered that salad and it was so tasty with multiple flavours and here is the twist, when I was paying the bill in the billing card and I saw a picture of Jamie Oliver. I was shocked at that moment because the person whom I asked what to eat was the same person isn’t it crazy.
I went back to the table but he left and I asked the waiter about his recipe book and from that recipe book, I got to know about the recipe of this dish which I will share today with my favourite people.
Let’s see the journey of Blackened Chicken with Quinoa Salad Recipe.
Blackened Chicken with Quinoa Salad Recipe Ingredients
For Quinoa Salad:
|Fresh red chilli or yellow chilli||1 unit|
|Baby spinach||100 g|
|Spring onions||4 units|
|Fresh coriander||1 bunch|
|Fresh mint||1 bunch|
|Ripe mango||1 large unit|
|Virgin olive oil||2 tbsp|
|Ripe avocado||1 unit|
|Feta cheese||50 g|
|Punnet cress||1 unit|
|Skinless free-range chicken breasts||2 x 200 g|
|Ground allspice||1 tsp|
|Smoked paprika||1 tsp|
|Olive oil||As needed|
|Color peppers||2 mixed|
|Fat-free yogurt||4 tbsp|
Blackened Chicken with Quinoa Salad Recipe
Ingredients out, Kettle boiled, Medium lidded pan, medium-high heat, Food processor (bowl blade), Large frying pan, high heat
LET’S START COOKING…
- In a pan add quinoa and water, cover the pan.
- Then take a blender and add coriander, chilli, trimmed spring onions, and spinach in it and blend it all.
- Toss the chicken with sea salt, black pepper, and paprika.
- Fry tossed chicken with olive oil in a pan, by turning after a few minutes until cooked.
- Now cut the peppers into strips and de-seed them, now add it to the frying pan as well.
- Peel and cut the mango into chunks.
- Drain the quinoa in the cold tap and toss with spinach mixture, squeeze over the lime juice, add the extra virgin olive oil, mix well and add salt.
- Sprinkle the mango chunks and cooked peppers over the quinoa.
- Cut the chicken into slices and, toss the slices in any juices and add to the salad. Crumble over the feta, scatter over the remaining coriander leaves and snip over the cress.
- Serve the quickie now.
Disclaimer: The Jamie’s 15-minute meals recipe is a part of Jamie’s 15-minute meals book and episodes. You will also find Jamie Oliver 15 minute meals on YouTube. This famous British Chef also has a collection of Jamie’s 15-minute meals chicken. Some Jamie Oliver 15 minute meals chicken recipes are Blackened Chicken with Quinoa Salad recipe, Pasta Pesto with Chicken recipe. Try it to make it your place and let us know how Jamie Oliver 15 minute meals taste.
Nutritional Value of Blackened Chicken with Quinoa Salad Recipe