If you are looking for a healthy recipe to make that is also high in taste parameters, then Jaime Oliver’s blackened chicken and quinoa salad recipe is the one for you. It is flavorful, delicious and really easy to make.
I found this recipe in Jamie Oliver’s cookbook and had to give it a try. It has a lot of flavors coming together. It has the punch of spices and peppers, the tang of limes and the sweetness of mango. It is also very easy to make and gets ready in about 15 minutes.
To make Jamie Oliver’s blackened chicken with quinoa salad, cook the quinoa. Blend together spinach, coriander, spring onions and chili. To this, add the quinoa and squeeze lime juice. Add olive oil and salt. Mix well. Add the mango chunks to it. Toss the chicken in salt, pepper and paprika and fry. Also, fry the bell paper. Slice the chicken and serve along with the salad and feta.
This was just an introduction to the whole recipe. Let’s see the complete recipe of blackened chicken with quinoa salad below. But before going to the complete recipe, let’s check out some other recipes by some famous chefs.
1. Jamie Oliver’s Pasta Pesto with Chicken– If you want a pasta recipe that is delicious, fulfilling and is not at all difficult to make, then Jamie Oliver’s recipe of the pasta pesto with chicken is a great one to try. It is part of Jamie Oliver’s 15-minute meal and gets ready in no time.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Lobster Capellini– Chef Gordon Ramsay’s lobster capellini recipe is a delight to have with the delicious lobster pasta sauce. Not many people can make an excellent lobster sauce like this.
3. Valerie Bertinelli Penne Pasta Arrabiata– Penne pasta Arrabiata by Valerie Bertinelli is a delicious pasta to satisfy your pasta cravings. It uses simple ingredients and also gets ready in no time. It is quite simple to make it too.
4. Chef Paul Bocuse’s Black Truffle Soup– Chef Paul Bocuse’s black truffle soup recipe is a delight to experience. This “Paul Bocuse Soupe Aux Truffes” contains mushroom and stock chicken which gives the perfect touch to French Truffle Soup.
Jamie Oliver’s Blackened Chicken with Quinoa Salad Recipe
For Quinoa Salad
- 300 g Quinoa
- 1 Fresh Red Chili or Yellow Chili
- 100 g Baby Spinach
- 4 Spring Onions
- 1 Bunch Fresh Coriander
- 1 Bunch Fresh Mint
- 1 Large Ripe Mango
- 2 Limes
- 2 tbsp Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 50 g Feta Cheese
- 250 g Water Cress
- 200 g Chicken Breasts
- 1 tsp Ground All Spice
- 1 tsp Spiced Paprika
- Olive Oil
- 2 Mixed Color Bell-Peppers
- 4 tbsp Fat-Free Yogurt
- In a pan, add quinoa and water. Cover the pan with a lid.
- In a blender, add coriander, chili, trimmed spring onions, and spinach in it and blend it all.
- In a bowl, add the chicken with allspice and paprika. Fry tossed chicken with olive oil in a pan by turning after a few minutes until cooked.
- Now, cut the bell peppers into strips and add them to the frying pan as well.
- Drain the quinoa in the cold tap and toss with spinach mixture, squeeze over the lime juice. Add the extra virgin olive oil, mix well and add salt.
- Add the mango chunks and cooked peppers over the quinoa.
- Cut the chicken into slices, toss the slices in yogurt and add to the salad. Crumble over the feta, scatter over the remaining coriander leaves and snip over the cress.
This was it about the recipe! Tell me how well you like it in the comments below. Also, leave your suggestions and queries in the comments and I’ll try y best to help you. Till then, happy eating!