Blackberry compote is a fruit syrup made up of blackberries. The syrup is great to apply on crepes, ice creams, yogurt and oatmeal. Today, let’s see how you can make this awesome recipe at your home.
Compote is a fruit cooked in syrup and I generally like homemade compote as they are fresh and I can customize the way I like. If you like the syrup to be more concentrated, then simmer it for a longer time. It has also got a lot of antioxidants and vitamins.
The ingredients required for making blackberry compote are blackberries, sugar, lemon juice and salt. To make the compote, boil all the ingredients in a saucepan. Then, simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the sauce gets thick. Let it become warm and then serve.
I know you’re excited about the recipe but make sure you go through the detailed procedure before you start making it. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Green Goddess Dressing– Green goddess dressing is a healthy recipe enriched with the nutrients of many herbs and yogurt. In this post, let’s see how you can prepare this awesome recipe at your home.
2. Bearnaise Sauce– The sauce is great to have with steaks, chicken vegetables and fish. It is a French sauce and has got a luxury taste. This recipe adds and amplifies the flavors of daily life foods.
3. Spicy Pudina Chutney– Spicy pudina or mint chutney is popular in India. The chutney is served with many snacks there.
4. Fresh Cranberry Relish– The recipe is made from cranberries and sugar. I also like to add apples and oranges to it for extra flavors. You can also add other fruits and nuts such as pear, walnuts and pecan.
Blackberry Compote Recipe
- 2 cup Fresh Blackberries
- ¼ cup White sugar
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 pinch Salt
- Boil blackberries, sugar, lemon juice and salt in a saucepan over a high flame.
- Reduce the flame and simmer until the sauce gets thick.
- It will take nearly 15-20 minutes.
- Keep it aside for a few minutes and serve warm.
I hope you’ve liked this recipe today. Now, it’s time for you to make the recipe at your home and don’t forget to share this recipe to your friends so that they can also have a taste of the delicious blackberry compote.