The black walnut ice cream is super tasty and has a good amount of protein and calcium as well. The walnuts are really good for your health and of course, how can one say no to ice cream?
If you, like me, love homemade ice creams that you can customize with nuts of your choice, then the black walnut ice cream is for you. It is smooth and delicious ice cream with roasted walnuts. Homemade ice creams are a great choice because they are hygienically made, are without preservatives and can be customized to your wants and needs.
To make black walnut ice cream, roast the walnuts. In a saucepan, mix together milk, sugar, cream, cream and heat. Then, add the eggs and egg yolks. Stir in continuously until the mixture becomes thick. Let it cool and then strain. Add the walnuts and refrigerate to set.
This was a shortcut to the recipe. Find the details of the recipe down below. But before you check out the full recipe, do have a look at these other ice cream recipes.
1. Old-Time Custard Ice Cream– This custard ice cream recipe is tried and tested. This tasty combination of pecans, cinnamon, corn syrup, vanilla extract and butter is something that you can’t refuse.
2. Tin Roof Ice Cream– Making Tin Roof Ice Cream at home is really fun. You can listen to songs while this delicious ice cream is in making. Once you taste this Tin Roof Ice cream at your home, I bet there would be no coming back.
3. Deep Fried Ice Cream– Yes! Ice Cream can be deep-fried too and this easy and yummy Deep Fried Ice cream Recipe is perfect for serving kids and adults alike.
4. Vitamix Ice Cream– Whether it is the summer season or winters, ice creams are always a delight and this Vitamix ice cream recipe is one of the most special ice cream recipes that you’ll learn.
Black Walnut Ice Cream Recipe
- ½ cup Superfine Sugar
- 2 cups Milk
- 4 Eggs Yolks
- 1 cup Half-And-Half Cream
- ½ tsp Black Walnut Extract
- 2 cups Light Cream
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Chopped Black Walnuts
- Place the walnuts on a baking sheet and roast them for about 5 minutes and keep them aside until cool.
- Take a saucepan and put milk, half of the black walnuts, salt, sugar and ½ cup of cream in it and let them heat. After this mixture is warm enough, take it off the flame and keep it at room temperature for about 1 hour.
- Take a bowl and put egg yolks in it and whisk them and keep it aside.
- Now, put this egg yolk into the previously made mixture while keeping it on low flame and keep stirring continuously.
- Let this mixture cook at medium heat and keep stirring until the mixture becomes thick enough.
- Now, take a mesh strainer and pour the custard in the 1 cup cream and stir it along.
- You can extract the walnuts from the strainer to add more flavour to it. Mix this mixture in the vanilla and keep it aside until cool.
- Now, after this mixture is at room temperature, refrigerate it until it becomes solid and then it’s ready to eat.
I hope you like this recipe and will try it at your home. Please let us know your valuable comments regarding this recipe in the comments section below. Till then, stay safe and stay tuned for more such recipes.