If you get your party appetizers right, half the job is done. And when you have Bisquick sausage balls on the appetizer’s menu, I say your party is a success! This snack is a bite-size flavor bomb that you can’t get enough of.
Haven’t you heard of Bisquick sausage balls before? Allow me to explain. Bisquick sausage balls are bite-sized, easy to make, and popular in the southern parts of the United States. All you need is three easy-to-obtain ingredients to pull together a quick and tasty appetizer.
The recipe is just made with three ingredients: Bisquick, bulk pork sausage, and cheddar cheese. This appetizer is moist, meaty, and delectable. The Bisquick sausage balls are best served warm with a dipping sauce. They can be made a day ahead of time and kept in the fridge until you’re ready to bake!
Now I’m going to take you through the steps to make Bisquick sausage balls. This recipe is so easy that you will be able to assemble them in a few minutes. So, let’s get started!
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Bisquick Sausage Balls?
- Bowl – You will require a bowl to mix the ingredients.
- Cookie Scoop – A cookie scoop will be helpful to scoop out sausage balls.
- Oven – An oven will be required to bake the Bisquick sausage balls.
- Baking Tray – You will need a baking tray to line up the Bisquick sausage balls.
- Parchment Paper – A baking tray lined with a parchment sheet will help to prevent the balls from sticking to the surface.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Bisquick Sausage Balls?
|Preparation Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||20 Minutes||35 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Bisquick Sausage Balls?
- Bisquick – To make this recipe, you will need 3 cups of Bisquick. Bisquick is a pre-mixed baking mix sold by Betty Crocker. It consists of flour, shortening, salt, sugar, and baking powder (a leavening agent).
- Pork Sausage – As the name suggests, you will need 16 ounces of pork sausage. This ingredient will provide the main flavor to this dish.
- Cheddar Cheese – We will also need 16 ounces of grated sharp cheddar cheese for an intense cheese flavor.
- Milk – Half cup of milk will help you bind all the ingredients together.
- Italian Seasoning – Some Italian seasonings will add a great flavor to Bisquick sausage balls.
Steps To Make Bisquick Sausage Balls
1. Prepare The Mixture
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line the baking tray with parchment paper. Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients together. In case you don’t find Bisquick, you can mix 3 cups of flour, 3 tsp of baking powder, and ½ tsp of salt with the other ingredients.
2. Scoop Out Bisquick Sausage Balls
Using a cookie scoop, shape 1-inch balls onto the baking sheet. Bake the sausage balls for 20-25 minutes and serve them warm.
3. Serving Tips
Sausage balls are best served warm. When setting them up on the dinner table for a party, you can keep them toasty in a Crockpot.
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Vitamin A||185 IU|
|Vitamin C||0.2 mg|
How Will Bisquick Sausage Balls Look and Taste Like?
Bisquick sausage balls are the ultimate party snack. They are delicious, non-fried, and full of flavor. You can serve these snacks with dipping sauces like honey mustard sipping Sauce, BBQ sauce, hot mustard, or a simple ranch dressing.
One of the best parts about making the Bisquick sausage balls is that you can make a batch ahead of time and freeze it. To freeze raw sausage balls, all you have to do is transfer them into a ziplock bag or airtight container and freeze them for up to 3 to 4 months. You can defrost them for 20 to 30 minutes before baking.
Bisquick Sausage Balls Recipe
- 3 Cup Bisquick
- 16 ounces Pork Sausage
- 16 ounces Cheddar Cheese (Grated)
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients together.
- Using a cookie scoop, shape 1-inch balls onto the baking sheet.
- Bake the sausage balls for 20-25 minutes and serve warm.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What ingredients do we require to make Bisquick sausage balls?
To make Bisquick sausage balls, you will need Bisquick, pork sausage, cheddar cheese, milk, and Italian seasoning.
What can be used instead of bisquick?
If you don’t find bisquick, you can add 3 cups of flour, 3 tsp of baking powder, and ½ tsp of salt to the ingredients.
Can we make Bisquick sausage balls ahead of time?
Yes, you can make bisquick sausage balls ahead of time and bake them when needed.
Can Bisquick sausage balls be frozen?
Bisquick sausage balls can be freezed. You can thaw them 30 minutes before baking.
What dipping sauces go with bisquick sausage balls?
You can serve these balls with dipping sauces like Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce, BBQ sauce, hot mustard, or a simple ranch dressing.
How can we store the leftovers?
You can keep the leftover balls in the refrigerator.
So, aren’t you excited to make these delicious bisquick sausage balls to please your guests? Make a batch of these on Thanksgiving Day and tell me how they turned out to be in the comments section below.