The recipe for today is Birria de Chivo Estilo Jalisco. It is a goat meat stew made with marinated meat. It is also known as Mexican braised goat and goes well with tacos.
Birria de Chivo Estilo Jalisco means Mexican braised goat. The dish was invinted in Jalisco. It is the goat meat recipe served with meat sauce and a hot sauce. This recipe is prepared for special occasions. It is a traditional dish in Mexico and is served with tortillas.
To make Birria de Chivo Estilo Jalisco, blend chilies, vinegar, ginger, garlic cloves, peppercorns, cloves, marjoram, cumin, and thyme in a jar to make the marinade. Marinate the goat meat in this mixture for 8 hours. Then, bake it for 3 ½ hours. Then, make the meat sauce and hot sauce. Serve the goat meat with the meat sauce and hot sauce.
This is just an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Indian Fried Cabbage– This dish is not only quick and easy to make but a healthy option too. If you wonder how to make your kids eat healthy then, this recipe is for you. Not only the kids but even the adults at your place will love to eat this dish.
2. Cochinita Pibil– Cochinita Pibil is an easy-to-make Mexican pork dish that originated from Yucatan, Mexico. By learning this recipe, you can make this recipe so easily at your home.
3. Porketta Roast– Porketta roast is a very simple recipe. You just have to coat the pork roast with a blend of different spices and then, roast it. The pork meat is juicy and gives a delicious flavor when cooked along with the spices.
4. Arroz Rojo– Such an easy yet delicious recipe is what I am here with today. The Mexican Arroz Rojo (Red Rice) is today’s special and I will be your host today to help you in making this recipe at home. Stay tuned and follow me for the best Arroz Rojo recipe at home.
What's In The Post
Birria de Chivo Estilo Jalisco Recipe
- 3 Large Pots
- A Medium Saucepan
- 3 Ancho Chile Peppers
- 1 cup White Vinegar
- 15 Whole Black Peppercorns
- 1-inch piece Fresh Ginger Root
- 2 Garlic Cloves (peeled)
- 3 Whole Cloves
- 1 pinch Marjoram
- 1 pinch Ground Cumin
- 1 pinch Thyme
- 4 ½ pounds Goat Leg
For Meat Sauce
- 2 cups Water
- 3 Whole Black Peppercorns
- 2 pounds Plum Tomatoes
- 2 Garlic Cloves (peeled)
- pinch dried Marjoram
- pinch dried Thyme
- pinch Ground Cumin
- Salt (to taste)
- 2 Whole Cloves
For Hot Sauce
- 30 Chiles de Arbol
- ¼ cup White Vinegar
- 10 Whole Black Peppercorns
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 2 White Onions (minced)
- Take a pot of water and bring it to a boil. Add ancho chile peppers to it and cook for 5 minutes. Remove the pot from the flame and keep aside for 10 minutes, so that chiles soak hot water.
- In a blending jar, add the chiles, 1 cup vinegar, ginger, 2 garlic cloves, 15 peppercorns, 3 cloves, 1 pinch marjoram, 1 pinch cumin, and 1 pinch thyme. Blend all of them until it becomes a smooth paste. Strain this marinade in a separate bowl.
- In another bowl, add the goat meat and the marinade. Mix it well to coat the meat completely. Cover it and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350oF (175oC). Meanwhile, transfer the meat into a baking dish and cover it with aluminum foil or lid.
- Bake it for about 3 ½ hours until the meat becomes tender. Now, uncover it and cook it again for 15 minutes until the meat gets brown. Cover the meat to keep it warm. Pour the meat juice into a container and store it.
- Take a large pot of water and bring it to a boil. Add tomatoes to the pot. Boil them for 5-10 minutes until they become soft. Drain the tomatoes and cool them.
- Peel the tomatoes and put them in the blender with the preserved meat juice, 2 cups water, 3 peppercorn, 2 cloves, 2 garlic cloves with 1 pinch of thyme, marjoram, and cumin. Blend to make this meat sauce smooth.
- In a small saucepan, add meat sauce and salt. Bring it to a boil. After a boil, reduce the flame to medium.
- Take a pot of water and bring it to a boil. To it, add ancho chile peppers and cook for 5 minutes. Drain the chiles.
- In a blending jar, blend the chiles, ¼ cup vinegar, 10 peppercorns, 1 garlic clove, and salt into a smooth hot sauce. Strain it into a glass.
- Chop the meat into bite-sized pieces and serve them with hot sauce and meat sauce. Lastly, serve it with onions.