Bhinda Ni Kadhi is a kadhi recipe from Gujrati cuisine. Kadhi is a yogurt and gram flour gravy that usually has vegetable fritters in it. In Bhinda Ni Kadhi, fried okra is used instead of fritters. The gravy is thick and has a sourness because of the yogurt.
Kadhi is actually a dish from Rajasthani cuisine. But the Bhinda Ni Kadhi is the Gujrati rendition of it. Bhinda means okra, so Bhinda Ni Kadhi literally translates to kadhi of okra.
To make Bhinda Ni Kadhi, fry okra in a pan and set it aside. Then, mix yogurt and gram flour in a bowl. Add salt, turmeric, and red chili powder to and mix. After that, heat oil in a pan and add ginger, chilies, asafoetida, mustard seeds, and fenugreek seeds. Add the gram flour batter to it and cook while stirring. Then, add the fried okra to it. Garnish it with cilantro.
This is just an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Punjabi Aloo Baingan Sabzi– The most popular state in India that kind of reinvented the Aloo Baingan Sabzi recipe is Punjab. Every food item related to Punjab is just big and delicious. People usually enjoy the Aloo Baingan Sabzi with Chapati.
2. Moroccan Stew– This Moroccan stew recipe is an outstanding combination of varied spices and vegetables, conspiring to make one of the best dishes you have ever tasted.
3. Bhagare Baingan Curry– Bhagare Baingan is a Hyderabad cuisine made in Punjabi way and tastes international, eaten in every part of the world. It is eaten with rice and chapatti. It is also called Nune Vankaya Kura in Telegu.
4. Makhani Mirch– This golden-colored dish with a titch of green would give you a pleasurable taste just like wearing beautiful jewels. Just as gold and green grace your looks, the same would grace your palate and satisfy your taste buds.
Bhinda Ni Kadhi Recipe
- 2 Pans
- 2 cups Okra (chopped)
- 4 tablespoons Gram Flour
- 2 Green Chili (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons Ginger (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Black Mustard Seeds
- ½ teaspoon Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon Asafoetida
- 3 teaspoons Salt
- 2 cups Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 4 cups Water
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili Powder
For Fried Gravy
- In a preheated pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Now add the okra to it along with a teaspoon of salt.
- Stir and fry them on medium flame. When cooked, take them out from the pan and place it on a plate.
- In a bowl, add yogurt and gram flour and mix it. Add salt, turmeric powder, and red chili powder and mix again. Add 4 cups water to it and mix thoroughly to make a thick batter.
- In a preheated pan, add 2 tablespoons of oil and heat it. Add ginger, chilies, Asafoetida, black mustard seeds, and fenugreek seeds. Mix and cook for a while.
- Now, add the gram flour batter to it and keep stirring. Now, add fried okra to it and cook on a medium flame.
- Stir continuously and bring it to boil. Add cilantro leaves to it.
- Remove the pan from heat and cover it to let the aroma infuse for about five minutes.