Who doesn’t like likes Aubergines (also known as baingan), but likes an aromatic gravy that would water our mouth. Since my childhood, I never liked Eggplant which my mom used to make for me, but whenever my mom makes gravy with baingan, I love it. The gravy or the masala adds something special to the Baingan
If you the same like me, then today I have a recipe just for you and its name is Bhagare Baingan Curry recipe.
Bhagare Baingan is a Hyderabad cuisine made in Punjabi way and tastes international, eaten in every part of the world. It is eaten with rice and chapatti. It is also called as Nune Vankaya Kura in Telegu.
The main ingredient of this recipe is Baingan (Egg Plant) that blends its flavour with other vegetables and spices that create a very satisfying dish. So let’s check out the Bhagare Baingan Curry recipe that you’ll able to make in exactly one hour.
Ingredients required for Bhagare Baingan Curry Recipe
|Coriander seeds||1 tsp|
|Fresh coconut powder||2 tsp|
|Garam masala||½ tsp|
|Ginger garlic paste||2 tsp|
|Guda (gudh) crushed||1 tsp|
|Coriander leaves||2 tbsp|
|Red chili powder||½ tsp|
|Cumin powder||½ tsp|
|Refined oil||3 tbsp|
|Grated onion||½ cup|
|Tomato puree||½ cup|
|Fennel (saunf) powder||¼ tsp|
|Tamarind water||1 tbsp|
|Baingans / Aubergines||500 gm|
Add so many spices to make it taste the best.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|25 minutes||35 minutes||1 hour|
Bhagare Baingan Curry Recipe
Making of Paste
- In a preheated pan add coriander seeds, sesame and fresh coconut powder.
- Fry this until you can smell its aroma.
- Now put this in a mixer add ¼ tsp garam masala, 2 tsp ginger garlic paste,1 tbsp peanuts, 1 tsp guda, 1 tbsp coriander leaves, ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp red chilli powder, ½ tsp cumin powder and 2 tsp water.
- Grind it and make a paste.
- Cut the Baingans criss-cross.
- Put the paste that you’ve made in Baingans.
- Add 2 tbsp of refined oil to a preheated pan.
- Now put stuffed baingans in it.
- When they go red turn them cover the pan cook on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Take a pan to add 1 tbsp of oil in it and onions.
- Cook till the onions turn golden.
- Add ¼ tsp salt, ¼ red chilli powder,1/4 tsp garam masala, 2 tsp water, tomato puree and ¼ saunf powder to it.
- Cook it till it leaves oil.
- Add the cooked baingans to it.
- Mix it properly, cover and let it cook for five minutes.
- After that add tamarind water and 1 tbsp coriander leaves to it.
- Mix it thoroughly and serve hot.
Serve the world eaten taste of BHAGARE BAINGAN CURRY RECIPE in your plates in just an hour with the flowing aromatic GRAVY. Burst the clouds of taste in your mouth and savour it’s after effects,