A romantic dinner should be simple but with a zest, so forget about the usual and boring dishes – they will kill all the evening romance. After all, you have a fair opportunity to demonstrate to a man that you can not only shape cutlets or make spaghetti. Accordingly, try to strike the man to the heart and cook something tasty, unusual, and spectacular. To make this task more comfortable for you, we’ve prepared the best first dinner recipes that can impress any guy, but the main thing is that everyone can cook them without extensive effort!
A romantic dinner should begin with an appetizer – cold or hot. It can be a pâté with toast, a light salad, bruschetta, or something else up to your discretion. Ideally, it is better to prepare the appetizer to be distracted at the most crucial moment of the date.
A good option for the appetizer is to make a toast, rub it with garlic (this is optional), and serve with one of the pre-prepared toppings. For your choice:
- Creamy cod liver mousse – an inexpensive but chic delicacy.
- Curd spreading with radish – a straightforward option, which nevertheless works well.
- Taramasalata – Greek caviar appetizer.
- Eggplant cream – a rare and, therefore, so desirable taste in winter.
Salads are an easy call, but their freshness and lightness are perfect for the format of a dinner for two.
- Classic Caesar salad – an unpretentious option, but it isn’t easy to develop a more suitable dish for a first dinner date. Pretty Slavic girls go crazy over this salad; you should keep it in mind if you want to engage in Russian dating!
- Crispy nuts and bacon salad – a light but a memorable meal.
- Salad with baked pumpkin – an unusual, exquisite, and tasty dish. The combination of salty cheese and sweet pumpkin is a real bomb Diggity!
2) Main Dish
Everyday dishes do not work well for romantic dinners, but happily, there are enough simple and exciting recipes, which result in something festive, unusual, and delicious. Let’s begin with recipes for those people who consider themselves a novice chef. In this case, it’s better to play it safe and cook something infallible and straightforward:
- Baked chicken – this is a case when a commonplace dish can be delicious.
- Chicken fricassee – not a boring canteen stuff, but juicy and delicious meat in a creamy sauce.
- Cock in wine – a traditional French dish that can also be cooked from chicken.
- Turkey roll – a dish not only delicious but dietary.
If a romantic dinner is a reason for you to cook something new, take a look at these recipes:
- Iskitan rabbit – the classic of Italian cuisine, light and very tasty.
- Rabbit in sour cream – start cooking a few hours before dinner and serve straight from the oven.
- Duck confit – a recipe that allows you to do all the necessary work a few days before dinner and quickly cook the confit.
The compulsory program is over, and the dessert is already an arbitrary decision – although sweet teeth may disagree with that. In any case, it’s better not to overdo it with desserts because dinner is often just the beginning of a romantic evening. And again, let’s begin with uncomplicated recipes for those who are a dunce at making desserts but want to get a delicious result:
- No-bake cheesecake – a tasty dessert that you can treat each other for a long time.
- Baked apples – a simplicity that may well win the heart of your chosen one.
Now, let’s move on to fruit desserts. If serving a fruit plate seems too boring to you (so it is), there are some options to use:
- Pineapple in honey syrup – a delicious and healthful dessert.
- Strawberries with vanilla ice cream and mascarpone – a dessert that creates a romantic mood in itself.
- Pears in wine – a delicious, uncommon, and uncomplicated dish.