A meal infused with Cajun sauce is a winning dinner. That’s why I bring you a flavorful Cajun alfredo sauce recipe that can be used in many ways.
Cajun is a bold spice made with a mix of herbs and spices with a certain amount of heat. It is used to flavor sauces and soups, as a spice rub, and for seasoning.
When Cajun is mixed with alfredo sauce made with butter, cream, and cheese, it turns into a mouthwatering Cajun alfredo sauce.
Now that you know what this sauce is exactly, let me tell you the ingredients that make it what it is.
To make cajun alfredo sauce, you need garlic, paprika, oregano, chili flakes, Italian seasoning, cayenne, onion powder, thyme, black pepper, butter, cream, and cheese.
The ingredients list looks long, but this sauce comes together in 15 minutes! Trust me; if you haven’t tried this sauce yet, you will fall in love with its flavor and creamy texture.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Cajun Alfredo Sauce?
- Bowl – You will need a bowl to mix all the dry spices and herbs to make Cajun alfredo sauce.
- Pan– A pan will be required to cook the Cajun alfredo sauce.
- Whisk – A whisk will be required to mix the dry and wet ingredients.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Cajun Alfredo Sauce?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||10 Minutes||15 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Cajun Alfredo Sauce?
- Smoked Madrona Salt – Madrona salt is a smoked salt that helps to deepen the flavor of the dish you are cooking, or sauce in this case. To make Cajun alfredo sauce, you will need half a teaspoon of Madrona Smoked Salt by San Juan Island. Stay calm if you are not able to find it. Your sauce will still taste delicious.
- Pink Himalayan Salt – You will need half a teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt to balance the savory flavors of the sauce.
- Garlic Powder – Half a teaspoon of garlic powder will be added to make cajun alfredo sauce.
- Garlic – You will also add two minced garlic cloves to prepare the sauce.
- Paprika – Paprika has a sweet and peppery flavor. You will need one teaspoon of paprika.
- Oregano – Oregano has a minty flavor. You will need three-fourth teaspoons of oregano.
- Red Chili Flakes – To make the sauce a little spicy, you will need half a teaspoon of red chili flakes.
- Italian Seasoning – Italian seasoning is a mix of dried herbs that taste sweet and pepper. You will need half a teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
- Cayenne – Cayenne has an earthy and spicy taste. In this recipe, you will need half a teaspoon of cayenne.
- Onion Powder – You will also add one-fourth teaspoon of onion powder to add a touch of umami flavor.
- Thyme – Thyme is also a wonderful herb with minty notes. You will need half a teaspoon of thyme.
- Black Pepper – Black pepper elevates the flavors of a dish. Therefore, you will need half a teaspoon of black pepper.
- Unsalted Butter – To make the sauce base, you will need half a cup of unsalted butter.
- Heavy Whipping Cream – To the butter, you will add one and a half cups of heavy whipping cream.
- Parmesan – To make the sauce cheesy, you will need two cups of freshly grated parmesan.
Steps To Make Cajun Alfredo Sauce
Gather all the ingredients and combine the dry spices in a bowl.
2. Make The Sauce
In a pan placed on low heat, add butter and cream. Add the spice mix slowly and whisk it into the butter and cream liquid. Start adding freshly grated parmesan. Your sauce will begin to thicken now.
Whisk the sauce until the cheese has melted. Your sauce is ready!!
How To Use Cajun Alfredo Sauce?
Cajun alfredo sauce can be used in many ways. Below are the ways to use Cajun alfredo sauce.
- Pasta – Cajun alfredo sauce is commonly used to make pasta. You can toss any pasta in it for a creamy and flavorful meal.
- Vegetables – Cajun alfredo sauce is so perfectly flavored that you can pour it over boiled vegetables to turn them into a delicious meal.
- Meat – Roasted chicken, ribs, and steaks are all amazing meal options. But you can make them more interesting by drizzling some Cajun alfredo sauce.
|Saturated Fat||43 g|
|Vitamin C||3 mg|
How Will Cajun Alfredo Sauce Look And Taste Like?
Cajun alfredo sauce is a rich and creamy sauce. It tastes absolutely delicious with complimenting flavors. While the herbs and spices bring the right mix of heat and unique flavors, the cheese and cream balance them perfectly.
This sauce has an orangish color. In terms of texture, it’s a silky and smooth sauce.
Cajun Alfredo Sauce Recipe
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter
- 2 cups Parmesan (freshly grated)
- 1½ cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ teaspoon Smoked Madrona Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- ¾ teaspoon Oregano
- ½ teaspoon Red Chili Flakes
- ½ teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon Thyme
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Gather all the ingredients and combine the dry spices in a bowl.
- In a pan placed on low heat, add butter and cream.
- Add the spice mix slowly and whisk it into the butter and cream liquid. Start adding freshly grated parmesan. Your sauce will begin to thicken now.
- Whisk the sauce until the cheese has melted.
- Your sauce is ready !!
Frequently Answered Questions (FAQs)
What is Cajun spice made of?
Cajun spice is made by mixing paprika or smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, white pepper, oregano, thyme, salt, cayenne pepper, and chili flakes.
How does Cajun taste?
Cajun has an earthy and herby taste with peppery, garlicky, and spicy notes. It also has a smoky touch to it.
What is Cajun alfredo sauce made of?
Cajun alfredo sauce is made with cajun spice mix, butter, heavy cream, and freshly grated parmesan cheese.
How can I use Cajun alfredo sauce?
Cajun alfredo sauce is typically used in pasta dishes. You can also pour it over meat and boiled vegetables.
Try out this easy Cajun alfredo sauce recipe to turn simple dishes into Stella meals. Do tell me how you found this recipe in the comments section below.