Besciamelle is an Italian version of béchamel and is used mostly with different types of pasta. So, today see the steps you need to follow to make this Italian recipe.
The origins of the sauce are believed to be traced back to the reign of Louis XIV. This sauce is most prominent in European countries. When you visit France or Italy, you will find the sauce is used as a base ingredient in most of the pasta and lasagnas recipes.
In Italy, besciamelle is made by making a roux. Then, milk is added to the flour mixture in such a way that crumbles are not formed. After that, it is heated for 15 minutes and then, nutmeg, salt and pepper are added. The whole process forms a delicious sauce.
Make sure you use the correct amount of flour and milk as mentioned below to form a perfect roux. Now, let’s get started with the complete recipe. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Provencal Sauce– The Provençale sauce is a fragrant tomato sauce made with sautéed onions, garlic, capers, olives, and Herbes de Provence. It’s delicious served with meat, poultry, and fish.
2. Smoked Trout Dip– This is one of my favorite dips as it has got a tangy and tart taste. Believe me, once you try out the dip, you will become fond of the flavors it incorporates.
3. Gyoza Sauce– Gyoza is one of the major dishes consumed during the Chinese New Year. It is quite famous in East Asia and in the western world.
4. Pommery Mustard Sauce– This sauce recipe is very simple and easy to make at home within 20 minutes. Also, you need only 4 major ingredients along with some seasoning and you are good to go.
- ½ cup Butter
- ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 4 ½ cup Whole Milk
- 1 pinch Grated Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Black Pepper
- Melt 1/2 cup butter over medium heat in a pan and add flour and stir it properly.
- Now, add milk and ladle it gradually, make sure crumbs are not formed in the mixture. Whisk it properly.
- Heat the mixture for 15 minutes and add grated nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- The sauce is ready!
I hope you’ve liked this besciamella recipe. Add it to your dishes for flavor and do share your experience in the comments section below. Stay tuned for more recipes like these.