A good snack is a perfect relaxer on a hectic day. The recipe that I will be sharing with you is Berenjenas Con Miel. This recipe will make a perfect snack.
Berenjenas Con Miel is a fried eggplant and honey dish. This dish is a great combination of sweetness and saltiness. It is a classic dish of Moorish origin and is served across Granada, Córdoba, Málaga and Jaén. This dish is also popular in restaurants in Washington DC, named Jaleo.
To make Berenjenas Con Miel at home, place eggplants sprinkled with kosher salt in between two baking sheets. Press them firmly and let them rest for 20 minutes to remove the leftover juice from the eggplant. Soak it in milk bowl, cover and refrigerate it overnight. Coat it with flour and fry until golden brown. Sprinkle some sea salt and drizzle honey over them.
This is just a brief of the recipe. More details regarding the recipe are mentioned below. Have a look at the recipe and try your hands on it. You will love this sweet and savory recipe. Also, there are other recipes that you can have as starters, let’s check them out.
1. Pan Con Tamate– It is a Spanish dish that involves no cooking at all, except making the bread crispy. It is quite a simple recipe that will be loved at parties or as a side dish with a salad.
2. Southern Fried Okra– Fried Okra is a side dish that can be accompanied with anything savory. The trick to making fried okra crispy is to use fresh okra.
3. Pork Patties– Pork patties is very comfort food that anyone should have. These pork patties can be used as an evening snack or you can have them in your burger as well.
4. Beef Bouillon– Beef can be used as a base ingredient in many soups. This beef bouillon is very simple to make at home. It is a clear seasoned soup with no solid ingredients.
Ingredients For Berenjenas Con Miel
- 4 Japanese eggplants (trimmed, cut crosswise)
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- Canola oil (for frying)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Sea salt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Finely grated lemon zest (for garnish)
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Berenjenas Con Miel?
|Preparation Time||Cooking time||Additional time||Total time|
|25 Minutes||5 Minutes||2 Hours||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
The only time consuming part of this recipe is when we have to rest the eggplant marinade. Other than this, cooking requires only 5 minutes. Take a look on the procedure to follow.
Steps To Make Berenjenas Con Miel
- Layer the eggplants on the rack over a large rimmed baking sheet. Season it with kosher salt. Place another baking sheet over it and press firmly. Now, let it rest aside for 20 minutes. After this, press again to release the juice from the eggplant. Transfer them to a large bowl to soak them in milk. Cover the bowl and make sure to refrigerate it for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
- Take a large enameled cast-iron casserole and heat an inch of oil in it to 350 degrees. Add flour in a shallow bowl. Remove the eggplant from the milk and shake off the excess liquid. Coat them with the flour and fry them until they turn golden brown. This may take 3-5 minutes. Place this on a towel-lined baking sheet and season with sea salt.
- Transfer the eggplant to a serving plate and drizzle some honey on them. Sprinkle some more sea salt.
- Serve immediately.
You can garnish them with lemon zest.
Nutritional Breakdown of Berenjenas Con Miel
Eating fried always make us feel guilty. Let’s see how much calories are there in this fried dish.
How To Make Berenjenas Con Miel At Home | Video
Here is a similar video to help you in every step. If you want to know more details of the recipe, kindly watch this video as it will be great help to you. Give this recipe a try and share with me your reviews for this recipe. You can ask your queries without any hesitation.
If you have any other recipe in mind which you want me to share, then feel free to write it up in the comment section below. And I will be glad to share that recipe too. Your suggestions are always welcome. Have a good day!