As we all know that Spices play an important role in the flavouring and essence of a dish. Today, we are going to discuss the benefits and procedure of making traditional Berbere spice at Home. This versatile Berbere spice is rich in copper, iron, and several other minerals.
You will easily get this Berbere seasoning online and in supermarkets also. But the essence and flavour of the handmade things is something which gives you complete satisfaction.
The best part about Berbere Spice recipe is you can make it easily at home without any hard efforts. One day while cleaning the cupboard, I saw a diary of my mother where an endless number of recipes were written. I have learned this recipe of Berbere spice from her diary.
This Berbere spice will add a Quirky twist in your dishes and make it appetizing. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Salt and Vinegar Seasoning– This recipe is very simple and short one and is a very famous seasoning. It provides a very satisfying flavor to all of the food that you eat. This recipe is very simple and anyone, even your 15-year-old kid can make it at home without any confusion.
2. Stracciatella Cheese– This is the best cheese recipe you will come across. This recipe takes not much of your time. It is an easy one and will not confuse and trouble you.
3. Flour Tortillas– The tortillas are the old and traditional dishes of old Mexican civilization and people of old times used to make them without using any ingredient other than wheat or cornflour.
4. Steak Nachos– Having Tortilla Chips layered with steak, melted cheese, beans, salsa and many other ingredients is just a treat to have.
Ingredients for Berbere Spice at Home
|Ground dried New Mexico chillies||1/2 Cup|
|Cayenne Pepper||1 tbsp|
|Onion powder||1 tsp|
|Ground ginger||1 tsp|
|Ground coriander||1 tsp|
|Ground cardamom||1 tsp|
|Ground fenugreek||1 tsp|
|Garlic powder||1/2 tsp|
|Ground cinnamon||1/2 tsp|
|Ground nutmeg||1/4 tsp|
|Ground allspice||1/2 tsp|
|Ground cloves||1/2 tsp|
These ingredients are easily available in your kitchen and if not then you can buy it from the nearest grocery store. Let’s see the estimated time to make Berbere Spice.
How much time it will take?
|Prep time||Total time||Servings|
|5 minutes||5 minutes||48|
Now, you will get an idea about the estimated time. So let’s move towards the final part that is the Recipe of Berbere spice.
Berbere Spice Recipe
- Take a medium-sized bowl, add ground chilies, paprika, cayenne pepper in the bowl.
- After that, add onion powder, ginger, cumin, ground allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, fenugreek, coriander, ground cardamom, garlic powder, and cloves.
- Combine all the ingredients together and mix them gently.
Your Berbere Spice is now ready! Store the Berbere spice in an airtight container (glass container) and use it accordingly.
Nutritional Facts of Berbere Spice Recipe
If you want to know that this Berbere spice is healthy for you or not, this Nutritional Breakdown that will guide you accordingly.
How to Make Berbere Spice at Home|Video
Watching something live will create more impact and is easy to understand. So, I have added a video of the recipe of Berbere spice below.
I hope this seasoning will add a quirky twist in your recipe and make sure to add this to your recipes. Do tell us about your experience in the comment section below and stay tuned for more recipes like these.