Today I was craving something sweet. I was confused about what to make and was feeling a little bit lazy. But thanks to my mom for giving me a superb idea of a dish that made everything perfect. I was just amazed to see how my mom comes up with such unique recipes whenever I need them. The dessert that I made is a common one and is loved by almost every single American. So, finally diced to make it and share the whole experience and recipe with all you foodies out there.
The sun is shining and I am in my kitchen welcoming you all to have a look at the recipe that I am going to make or have already made. This recipe, (I guess you all already know how to make it) is called Beignets recipe. See, I told you you all know this one. But how many of you have tried making it at home? It’s easy to put it in your basket while walking in a supermarket. But have you experienced the taste of homemade Beignets?
Well, if not, then you are in the right place. Today, I will tell you how you can make these Beignets that are too yummy and so crispy at home that you will forget about the one’s found in the market. To make this Beignets recipe easily at home, you will need to pay attention and do all that is mentioned in the upcoming steps down below.
Ingredients for Beignets
|Lukewarm Water||¾ cup|
|Dry Yeast||3 ½ tsp.|
|Large eggs||2 Pc.|
|Whole Milk||½ cup|
|Unsalted Butter||3 tsp.|
|Granulated Sugar||¼ cup|
|Bread Flour||4 cups|
|Kosher Salt||½ tsp.|
|Canola Oil||8 cups|
|Powdered Sugar||For topping|
Ingredients are listed in the table above and you will have to grab them from the nearest shop if you don’t have them at your home.
How Much Time Will it Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||30 Minutes||45 Minutes|
The time involved is not that long. You can easily make them and have these Beignets ready in just about 50 minutes. This recipe can be made anytime you want and make your kids happy.
Note: The cooling time and the time needed for the dough to rest is not included in the table as it is subjectable to various conditions.
So, are you excited about this Beignets recipe? I am sure all you guys are. These Beignets are easy to make but needs your full attention while you are making it. Let’s make them and know how they taste like. Follow the down listed steps to make the best beignets.
- Take a large or medium mixing bowl and add lukewarm water to it. Add some yeast and keep it aside for about 5 minutes, until it becomes foamy.
- Now, add the other ingredients such as eggs, butter, milk and sugar. Mix them well until they are combined thoroughly.
- Add some flour and salt to a large mixing bowl and mix them well. Transfer the foamy liquid and butter mixture to this flour and make a dough out of it. Knead it well and make a soft ball of it.
- Now, after the dough is ready. Grease a bowl and transfer that dough to it. Let the yeast react and that will cause the dough to double its size in about 1 hour.
- Roll out the dough on a plain surface with flour dusted on it. Make a sheet of the dough and cut this dough into 2-inch squares. And after cutting out the squares, transfer them to a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper.
- Arrange a large pot and heat some canola oil in it. Let the oil reach a high temperature of about 350F and then drop those dough squares into it.
- When you see that the Beignets have begun to rise, with the help of tongs flip them and let them fry until they turn golden brown in colour. After all the beignets are ready, take them out and place them on a wire rack, let them cool.
- Powder with some dusting sugar and serve them warm.
And now you are all ready to enjoy these Beignets at your own home. No need to buy them from outside when you can make them so easily at home. The taste of these Beignets tells, how delicious and tasty they are.
Nutritional Breakdown of Beignets Recipe
The nutritional breakdown of this recipe is down below. As a dessert, it becomes essential to know the calorie count and the number of other nutrients in the recipe.
How to Make Beignets at Home | Video
Here is a video that you can watch to know how Beignets can be made easily at home. Just watch the video and all your doubts and confusions will be cleared.
I hope you like this video and I would like to hear from you guys. Please comment down your reviews about this recipe and let us know which recipe you would like us to make and share with you guys next time.