Beer cheese dip pairs perfectly with baguette, crackers or crispy breadsticks. Today, let’s see how you can make the dip at your home.
The taste of the dip will depend upon the type of beer you choose. Dark beers will produce a deep and bitter taste and light beers will produce light flavor. So, choose the beer according to what kind of flavor you want. Now, let’s have a quick glimpse of the recipe.
To make beer cheese dip, make a roux and add milk to it. Now, add beer, dijon, garlic powder, salt and cayenne. Stir in the mixture until it becomes thick. Then, add the cheese and let it melt. At last, add garlic, salt and cayenne. Refrigerate and serve.
Now, let’s jump to the detailed recipe below. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Rajas Con Queso– The main ingredient used in the dip is Poblano Chile which is a mild green chile. The word Rajas is a Spanish word meaning strips.
2. Lemon Curd– Whether it’s cakes or scones, this recipe of lemon curd will amplify the taste of the food. It’s so delicious, tangy and creamy, that it just melts in your mouth, the moment it comes in contact with your taste buds.
3. Honey French Dressing– Honey French dressing is a light sauce that has tangy and sweet flavors. The most advantageous thing about the recipe is that it is a lot healthier than the typical French dressing.
4. Smoked Gouda Cheese– Gouda cheese is a yellow color cheese made from cow’s milk. The cheese has got a smooth texture and becomes hard when smoked. You can pair the recipe with mac and cheese.
Easy Beer Cheese Dip Recipe
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 3 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup Milk
- ½ cup Beer
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ⅛ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 3 cup Cheddar Cheese
- Place a saucepan on the heat and put butter in it.
- When the butter melts, put some flour in it and cook for some time.
- Now, put the pan aside and let the flour cool for some time.
- Then, put 2 tablespoons of milk in it and stir until it becomes smooth. After the mixture becomes smooth, add 2 more tablespoons of milk.
- Now, again stir the mixture for some time and then again add 2 tablespoon milk and again stir until everything mix properly.
- Now, add beer, dijon, garlic powder, salt and cayenne and properly mix it.
- Then, put the pan on the heat and stir it until the mixture becomes thick and bubbly.
- Keep aside the pan and add cheese to it and let it melt in it.
- For taste, you can add garlic, salt and cayenne.
- Put in refrigerator for some time for a better taste.
Important notes about ingredients:
- Dijon mustard is a traditional mustard of France, named after the town of Dijon in Burgundy, France, which was a center of mustard making in the early Middle Ages.
- The cayenne pepper, also known as the Guinea spice, is a hot chili pepper used to flavor dishes and named for the city of Cayenne, the capital of French Guiana.
Now, it’s your turn to make the dip at your home and tell us your feedback in the comment section below.