Beef Stroganoff is a Russian dish made with beef sauteed in a sauce. The sauce is made with broth, caramelized onions, seasoning, and sour cream. The original recipe uses mushrooms as well but today we’ll discuss how to make beef Stroganoff without mushrooms.
Beef Stroganoff tastes the best with mushrooms. But some people like it without the mushrooms. Also, when someone at your home is allergic to mushrooms, then you have no choice left but to cook this dish without the mushrooms.
To make Beef Stroganoff without mushrooms, brown the meat with garlic, salt, and pepper in a skillet. Then, caramelize the onions in beef broth. Make sure the broth doesn’t dry up completely. Place the beef back in the pan and cook on low flame for a few minutes. Pour sour cream over it with some salt and pepper. Serve it with cooked egg noodles.
This is just the brief of the recipe. You will know about the details further. It is a simple and easy recipe. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Beef Neck Bones– This Beef Neck Bones recipe requires a lot of time to be tender and luscious, but it’s definitely worth the effort.
2. Moroccan Stew– This Moroccan stew recipe is an outstanding combination of varied spices and vegetables, conspiring to make one of the best dishes you have ever tasted.
3. Pepper Steak– Pepper steak is a stir-fried Chinese American dish. The dish traces its first evidence of existence to America in 1948. Pepper Steak is the most perfect dish for dinner at your home.
4. Beef Salami– This homemade salami is good for party trays. It can be served on a platter with sliced cheese and crackers, or just eaten in a sandwich.
Ingredients For Beef Stroganoff Without Mushrooms
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Salt (more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Pepper (more to taste)
- 1 can Beef Broth
- 1 small Onion (sliced)
- 1 (16-ounce) container Sour Cream (do not use fat-free)
- 1 1/2 pounds Ground Beef or Sirloin Tip Steak (cut into thin strips)
- 1 package Egg Noodles or Rice (prepared)
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Beef Stroganoff Without Mushrooms?
|Preparation Time||Cooking time||Total time|
|10 Minutes||45 Minutes||55 Minutes|
Steps To Make Beef Stroganoff Without Mushrooms
- Take a skillet and cook meat with garlic, salt, and pepper until the meat turns brown for about 10 minutes. Remove it from the skillet and keep it aside.
- Using the same skillet, pour the beef broth in it along with sliced onions. Cook it until the onions get caramelized and the broth is reduced for about 20 minutes. Do not completely evaporate the beef broth.
- Transfer the beef into the pan and cook it on low flame for 3-5 minutes. Pour in sour cream and season with salt and pepper as per the taste. Cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes until it thickens and is not runny anymore.
- Serve hot with noodles and garnish with parsley.
Nutritional Breakdown of Beef Stroganoff Without Mushrooms