Beef salami is a great way to consume meat. The amazing fact about making sausages at home is that you can choose what goes into them. If you wish to know more details about making beef salami or cured meat at home, keep reading the article.
Salami is a type of cured meat that is dried, fermented, and then, made into sausages. Beef salami is seasoned and has a strong flavor. This recipe uses traditional ways of making salami sausages.
To make beef salami, add ground beef, garlic powder, liquid smoke, and mustard seeds in a bowl. Moving forward, add curing salt, red flakes, and black pepper to it. Mix them properly. Roll the mixture and wrap with foil. Refrigerate it for 2 hours or overnight.
Finally, place the rolls in a broiler pan and bake for about an hour and a half. The beef salami will be ready. It will take time to make the beef salami but the results will be magnifying. Try and see it yourself. Scroll down and seek out the details.
Find the list of required elements, equipment, ingredients, instructions, and nutritional facts in the article below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should check out.
1. Breaded Pork Tenderloin– Meat is a hard sell with my teenage daughter unless I make it look like a restaurant dish. Drizzle ranch dressing or barbecue sauce on top, and it’s a home run.
2. Beef Bourguignon– A very popular and known French recipe that is cooked slowly with some exceptional ingredients in it. The ingredients include some red wine, slices of bacon, and veggies that give it a different taste.
3. Beef Stroganoff Without Mushrooms– No wonder Beef Stroganoff tastes the best with mushrooms. But some people like them without mushrooms. Also, when someone at your home is allergic to mushrooms, then you have no choice left but to cook this dish without the mushrooms.
4. Steak Diane– This recipe serves steak cooked in butter and flambéed with cognac. It is a perfect meal for dinner. You will love this classic recipe.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Beef Salami?
- Bowls – Mix the ground beef with a blend of spices using a bowl.
- Sausage Roll – Take a sausge roll or foil to cure the ground beef.
- Knife – Carve the slices of salami using a knife.
- Broiler Pan – Cook the beef sausage in a broiler pan.
- Oven – Broil the beef in the oven.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Beef Salami?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||2 Hours||35 Minutes||2 Hours 40 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Beef Salami?
- Ground Beef – Take half pound of ground beef to make beef salami.
- Garlic Powder – A teaspoon of garlic powder will enehance the aromatic flavors.
- Onion Powder – Onion powder will add savory blend to the salami.
- Mustard Seeds – Add a few mustard seeds for mild nutty flavors.
- Curing Salt – For pickling meat the curing salt is paired well.
- Black Pepper – Season your ground bef with a pinch of black pepper.
- Pepper Flakes – Add pepper flakes as per your preference.
- Liquid Smoke – Bring out some smoky flavor to the beef salami by adding a teaspoon of liquid smoke.
- Pistachio – Crushed pistachio adds richness to the salami.
Steps To Make Beef Salami
1. Curing Ground Beef
Begin to cure the ground beef. In a bowl add ground beef, curing salt, chili flakes, black pepper, garlic powder, liquid smoke, and mustard seeds. Mix them properly using your hands. Rub the ground beef with spices evenly and cover it to keep aside for 2 hours.
2. Oven’s Turn
Preheat the oven and place the wrapper roll of beef salami in a broiler pan. Fill the pan with water to keep the meat moist. Carve the slices when it is cooked and serve with our favorite dips and sauces.
How Will Beef Salami Look And Taste Like?
Beef salami has a robust and tangy taste. Spices well blended in the sausage taste delicious. With each excellent bite, you will taste a satiating sensation. Poping in a flavorful slice of beef salami will give you a delightful experience.
Beef Salami Recipe
- 2 pounds Ground Beef
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 2 teaspoons Curing Salt (Morton Tender Quick)
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke Flavoring
- 1 tablespoon Pistachio (crushed)
- Add ground beef, garlic powder, liquid smoke and mustard seeds in a bowl. Also, add curing salt, red flakes, and black pepper to it. Mix them properly.
- Roll the mixture into a log and wrap it tightly with aluminium foil. Keep it in the refrigerator for about 24 hours.
- At 325oF, preheat the oven and place the rolls in a broiler pan. Fill the pan with water to keep the salami moist.
- Bake the roll for an hour and a half in the preheated oven. Now, unwrap the salami but make sure to cool the rolls properly.
- Cut the roll into the slices and serve it with cheese or some sauce.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can salami be made from beef?
Salami can be prepared from any ground meat, whether it is beef, pork, chicken, or mutton.
Where can I use beef salami?
Add beef salami slices to your sandwiches, salads, or any other pasta dishes.
Can you fry salami?
Yes, you can surely fry or grill the salami to perfection as per your preference.
Can you eat salami Raw?
Raw salami will not be tasty in comparison with cooked salami. So, it is better to try cooked salami.
Prepare homemade beef salami sausage in your kitchen. Seek out the details in the above article. Share your feedback with us in the comment section below.