Beef neck bone is a soulful meal. It is the toughest cut of beef and is richly flavored. The recipe to make beef neck bones requires long, and slow cooking to tenderize the dense muscles. However, the wait is totally worth it. The common thing in the neck bone is the little amount of meat surrounding the bone, yet a wealth of flavor can be tasted once it is cooked.
For making beef neck bones, take a Dutch oven. Grease it with oil and add the neck bones to a pan. Season it with seasoning and salt. Cook it on a simmer flame. In a blender, add onion, carrots, celery, and chicken broth. Blend it all. Add the grated veggies, chicken broth, and diced tomatoes to beef neck bones. Place the pot in the oven and cook for 2 hours. Your beef neck bones will be ready.
Once it is cooked you can’t resist the tender and succulent beef neck bones. It will take you back to the southern roots. The fat and collagen in the neck bone add extra nutrition. The trick to making it tender and soft is to cook them low and slow. The longer you cook the beef bone the more tender it will get. Apply proper heat to the meat.
This is just an overview of the recipe. To know more about the equipment, ingredients, nutritional value, and important steps follow the article. Check out the entire recipe. Before you step forward there are other main course recipes in the article. Follow the link to know more about these exciting recipes.
1. Red Chicken – Red Chicken is a very simple recipe, you just need a few basic ingredients for making this recipe but the taste is truly luscious. While making this recipe you need to be a little bit patient.
2. Beef Stroganoff Without Mushrooms – No wonder Beef Stroganoff tastes the best with mushrooms. But some people like them without mushrooms. Also, when someone at your home is allergic to mushrooms, then you have no choice left but to cook this dish without the mushrooms.
3. Pork Picnic Shoulder – Picnic shoulder is the most flavorful part of the meat. It is tough to cook, which is why it requires a lot of time as it has to be cooked slowly.
4. Steak Diane – This recipe serves steak cooked in butter and flambéed with cognac. It is a perfect meal for dinner. You will love this classic recipe.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Beef Neck Bones?
- Dutch Oven – A dutch oven pot is specifically designed to make stews, meats, and other moist-heat cooking dishes.
- Tong – Use a tong to flip the beef neck bone pieces.
- Blender – Blend onions, carrots, celery, and chicken broth in a blender.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Beef Neck Bones?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||2 Hour 25 Minutes||2 Hour 35 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Beef Neck Bones?
- Beef Neck Bones – The beef neck bone is a cut of beef that is taken from its neck. It is rich, fatty, and tender.
- Caribbean Jerk Seasoning – The Caribbean jerk seasoning includes exotic spices like cumin, nutmeg, smoked paprika, cinnamon, red pepper flakes, and cayenne pepper.
- Worcestershire Sauce – Add a tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce for umami flavors.
- Salt – Add kosher salt to your taste.
- Chicken Broth – Use a can of chicken broth. You can also add homemade chicken broth.
- Diced Tomatoes – Add a small can of diced tomatoes to your beef neck bone. It adds enough fiber to your beef neck bone.
- Onions – Grate onions to make a veg puree. Add this veggies puree on top of your beef neck bone pieces.
- Celery – Freshly grate celery in veg puree adds herbaceous and peppery flavors.
- Black Pepper – Season your beef neck bone dish with fresh ground pepper.
- Garlic Powder – A teaspoon of garlic powder will enhance the fragrant and aromatic flavors.
- Olive oil – Add a tablespoon of olive oil to braise the beef neck bones.
Steps To Make Beef Neck Bones
Take a dutch oven, drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil all around. Add the beef neck bones, season it with Caribbean jerk and salt. Cook the beef neck bone on all sides for 5 minutes over a simmer flame. At the same time, add two sticks of carrot, 2 sprigs of celery, 2 onions, and two tablespoons of chicken broth in a blender. Pulverize it for 2 minutes until it is crushed evenly.
2. Get Saucy
Add the blended veggies to the beef neck bones. Then, add some more chicken broth and a can of diced tomatoes. Get everything slightly stirred in there and season with the Caribbean jerk seasoning again. Cover it with a lid and boil for 10 minutes on heat. Then, put it in the oven at 350℃ for 2 hours. Until the beef neck bones are prepared you can cook some rice and beans for the siders.
How Will Beef Neck Bones Look And Taste Like?
A delicious pot of braised beef neck bone is a portion of perfect comfort food. It is tender, soft, and satiating. The texture of beef neck bone is juicy and browned. The Caribbean jerk seasoning added brings out the exotic flavors to your beef neck bones.
Beef Neck Bones Recipe
- ½ pound Beef Neck Bones
- 1 teaspoon Caribbean Jerk Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Chicken Broth
- ½ cup Diced Tomatoes
- ½ cup Onions
- ½ cup Celery
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Grease a saucepan with olive oil. Add the beef neck bones, season it with caribbean jerk seasoning and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add grated carrots, onion, and celery to beef neck bones. Then, add chicken broth and a can of diced tomatoes. The liquids will tenderize the beef bone nicely.
- Bring to a boil for 10 minutes on heat and then put it in the oven at 350℃ for 2 hours.
- When it is ready, serve with rice or beans.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are beef neck bones good?
Neck bones are perfect for beef bone broths. Neck bones have a lot of collagen which is what gives the broth both body and rich flavor.
What is beef neck meat used for?
Beef neck is a great winter-warmer cut. Usually, beef neck would be braised or stewed over low heat for a prolonged period, but this can be made easier with the use of a slow-cooker.
Do Neckbones come from cows?
Neck bones are exactly what they sound like—the bones of the neck of whichever animal they originate from, be it pork or beef.
How long does it take beef neck bones to boil?
Cook on High for 1 hour. Reduce heat to Low and cook 4 to 6 hours. Transfer neck bones to a dish.
Make this incredibly delicious recipe of beef neck bones. Try with your tweaks and let me know how it goes in the comment section below.