Have you guys ever tried a french stew that has beef in it? This recipe of stew has got some positive reactions from all over the world where beef is consumed. Beef in a stew is quite surprising but this recipe will clear all your doubts regarding it. Beef recipes are quite lengthy as the meat takes quite a long to tender and cook completely. This recipe is something that you will like as it has some fresh and unique flavours. Try this out and know what an actual authentic beef recipe looks like.
This recipe is going to be a rocker and many of you will love and make this one of your favorite recipes of all time. This recipe is known as Beef Bourguignon. A very popular and known French recipe that is cooked slowly with some exceptional ingredients in it. The ingredients include some red wine, slices of bacon and veggies that give it a different taste.
I would recommend this recipe to all those who love to have beef and also to those who want some really good recipe to impress their guests and friends. This is the one guys.
So, let’s get started and know how this recipe starts. What are the steps involved to make this authentic Beef Bourguignon at home and what ingredients and how much time will it take. Let’s get started.
Ingredients for Beef Bourguignon
|Boneless Beef||3 pounds|
|Kosher Salt||1 ¼ tsp.|
|Black Pepper||¼ tsp.|
|Yellow Onion||1 cup|
|Pearl Onions||24 Pc.|
|Chopped Thyme||½ tsp.|
|Bay Leaf||1 pc.|
|Minced Garlic||2 tsp.|
|Tomato Paste||1 tsp.|
|All-purpose Flour||2 tsp.|
|Beef Stock||2 cups|
|Red Wine||3 cups|
|Olive Oil||1 tsp.|
|Unsalted Butter||2 tsp.|
|White Mushrooms||1 pound|
|Chopped Parsley||1 tsp.|
The ingredients listed above are enough for this Beef Bourguignon recipe. You will easily find these ingredients at your nearest supermarket or grocery store.
How Much Time Will it Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 Minutes||2 Hours||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
The timings are quite a deal here for you. The time invested is a little bit high but will be all worth it. This dish takes time as I said above because Beef takes its own time to tender and soft.
The whole procedure of this recipe about how to cook it and make it delicious is down below. I know you all are waiting for this part and it’s challenging to resist yourselves from having this recipe on your plate. But this little wait is a must. After this, all you will have is this delicious and exceptional recipe.
Beef Bourguignon Recipe
- Preheat your oven to about 350F and place the rack in the lower position.
- Make sure all the beef pieces are dry and cut into thick cubes. Season it with some salt and pepper and keep it aside.
- Take a large dutch pan and keep it over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook it until it’s crispy, for about 5-6 minutes. Take it out and remove excess oil by keeping it on a paper towel.
- After the bacon is done, grease the bacon and cook it over high heat. After the fat is cooking, add the beef and cook it until both of its sides are entirely brown. It will take you about 6-8 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and add carrots, onions and pearl onions to the pan. Saute the onions until they are tender for about 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients like thyme, bay leaf, garlic and tomato paste and saute this mix for about 1 minute. Now add a little flour and stir it well. Pour in the beef stock and wine and cook them until the sauce becomes thicker.
- Now introduce the browned beef and bacon, cook it on low heat for about 5 minutes. Cover the pan and place it inside the oven. Cook it until the meat is soft and tender for about 1 ½ to 1 ¾ hour.
- Now is the turn of mushrooms. In another skillet add some olive oil and some butter and add the mushrooms to it keeping the heat on medium. Cook it until they are tender and season with some salt and cook it for about 2 minutes.
- After you find that the beef is done, transfer the beef and the veggies to a bowl and cook it until the sauce comes to a boil. Check the consistency of the sauce and it should be thick enough to coat your spoon. Add more seasoning if required.
- Garnish with some chopped parsley and serve it hot.
Here you go! Finally, your Beef Bourguignon is ready and can now be served. This recipe will take your time but in the end, what you will remember is the taste and the flavour that this dish has. So, this sums up this whole recipe here.
Nutritional Breakdown of Beef Bourguignon
The nutritional breakdown of this Beef Bourguignon is done below in the table for your convenience. Know the details and continue your strict diet plan.
How to Make Beef Bourguignon at Home | Video
A video of this recipe is what we think you will need if you got stuck somewhere in the middle of it. This recipe is a little bit confusing and this video will make sure you complete it smoothly.
I hope you loved the Beef Bourguignon recipe. Do remember to share your reviews in the comment section and in case you have any queries, you can also ask your questions below in the comment section. Have a hearty meal!