Barbequed chicken is an easy to make chicken recipe. It needs simple ingredients and the charred grill flavor just hits right. In this post, I am going to tell you how you can make it easily at home.
Barbecued chicken is the perfect dish for barbeque Sunday afternoons. I love to make this dish at family gatherings and have always been complimented for it. You can try to make the recipe and decide for yourself how well you like it.
To make barbecued chicken at home, you will need one whole chicken, rice vinegar, barbeque sauce, garlic, salt, ground black pepper, paprika, onion powder, cayenne pepper. To cook the chicken, you will need to marinate the chicken properly and then bake it on a grill from all sides.
The more detailed steps for making the barbecued chicken is given below. Let’s check the list of ingredients first!
Barbecued Chicken Recipe
- 1 Chicken
- ¼ Cup Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Barbeque Sauce
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ½ Cup Barbeque Sauce
- Take the chicken and cut a ½ inch deep cut in each chicken's skin side. Make 2 cuts in the thigh, 2 cuts in each breast, one on the leg and remove wing tips.
- In a big bowl, mix the rice vinegar, garlic and barbeque sauce together.
- Now, put the chicken in the bowl and make sure it gets properly marinated. Cut down the marinated chicken and cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put it into the freezer for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the grill at medium-high heat and grease the grate with oil.
- Now, take out the chicken from the bowl, remove the marinade and dry up the chicken. Put the chicken on a plate, and season it with salt, paprika, pepper, cayenne pepper and onion powder.
- At last, cook the chicken on the preheated grill for about 3-4 minutes. Afterwards, turn the chicken over and close the lid of the grill.
- Cook the chicken with the remaining barbeque sauce for almost 6 minutes. Then, let it cook for 35 minutes more. Then, it is ready to be served.