There are many easy to make chicken recipes but my favourite chicken recipe is Barbequed Chicken and in this post, I am going to tell you how you can make it easily at home.
Chicken is a dish that most of the people like and when it comes to barbecued chicken, it is like cherry on the on the cake. On Sundays, when all my family members come together at a place one of the most common meals that my mom prepares is barbecued chicken. Once you prepare it yourself, you will also develop a habit of eating it very often.
To prepare barbecued chicken at home, you will need one whole chicken, rice vinegar, barbeque sauce, garlic, salt, ground black pepper, paprika, onion powder, cayenne pepper. To cook the chicken, you will need to marinate the chicken properly and then bake it on a grill from all portions.
Now the more detailed steps for making the barbecued chicken is further explained. Once you know how much health benefits barbecued chicken, you will be more eager to eat it. Now let’s go in detail to the ingredients.
Ingredients for Barbecued Chicken
- 1 Whole Chicken (cut into halves)
- ¼ cup Rice Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Barbeque Sauce
- 2 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- ½ cup Barbeque Sauce (as needed)
All these ingredients can be easily availed in your nearby supermarket. Now let’s check out the timings you need to invest in making this easy bbq chicken.
How Much Time It Will Take To Prepare BBQ Chicken?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||50 minutes||1 hour|
I can assure you one thing that this one hour will be worth your time. Now let’s check the detailed directions of making this grilled barbecue chicken.
Steps to Make Barbecued Chicken
- Take the chicken and cut a ½ inch deep cut in each chicken’s skin side, 2 cuts in the thigh, 2 cuts in each breast, one on the leg and remove wing tips.
- Take a big bowl and mix the rice vinegar, garlic and barbeque sauce together.
- Now put the chicken in the bowl and flip the chicken properly so that it gets properly marinated. Now properly cut down the marinated chicken and cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put it into the freezer for about 1 hour.
- Now preheat a grill at medium-high heat and grease the grate with oil.
- Now take out the chicken from the bowl, remove the marinade, dry up the chicken, put the chicken on a plate, and season it with salt, paprika, pepper, cayenne pepper, and onion powder.
- At last cook, the whole of the chicken properly on the preheated grill for almost 3-4 minutes and afterwards turn the chicken over and close the lid of the grill, cook the chicken with remaining barbeque sauce for almost 6 minutes.
- Cook it for about 35 minutes until it is properly cooked such that an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone should read 165 degrees F.
Your easy to make Barbecued Chicken is ready. It is probably in the list of my top 10 chicken recipes and I highly recommend you to try it out.
Nutritional Breakdown of Barbecued Chicken
As we all know that chicken has various nutrients that are good for a human body. That is why I’ve mentioned the nutritional breakdown of this bbq chicken below.
How to Make Grilled Barbecued Chicken at Home | Video
I’ve added a video of barbecued chicken below for your help to make it easier for you to make it following the visual instructions.
Do try this recipe at home and share your reviews about it in the comment section and if you like the recipe share the recipe further with your family and friends.