Baked ziti is a great recipe if you are craving rich and cheese-filled pasta. It is filled with different types of cheese, spices, meat, and pasta. It is also easy to make and is a great option for dinner.
I love pasta and try to explore a lot of easy and simple pasta recipes. Baked ziti is one such easy and simple recipe. You just have to cook the meat and pasta. Then, bake them along with other ingredients. The end result is a great baked pasta rich in flavor and a great cheese pull.
To make baked ziti, heat oil in a pan and cook onions and garlic in it. Then, add beef and sausage to it and cook for some time. Add tomato sauce, tomato, spices, herbs to it. Cook it for some time more. Then, cook the ziti. In a bowl, mix the cheese, salt, pepper, eggs, and parsley. In a casserole dish, layer the meat sauce, ziti, and cheese mixture. Bake it for 20 minutes and serve it.
If you don’t have Italian sausages to put in your baked ziti, you don’t need to worry. You can just use any of its substitutes. Here is a list of Italian sausage substitutes for you to try!
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Slow Cooker Lasagna– Of the most popular dishes ever created, homemade lasagna has a different comfort attached to it. It is easy to make, with easily sourced ingredients easily bought from the store.
2. Stuffed Rigatoni– The name of the recipe is Stuffed Rigatoni. This recipe is a combination of loads of cheese covered within the cooked pasta layers and some exceptional ingredients that give it a unique taste.
3. Tex-Mex Summer Squash Casserole– Yellow squash has a mild flavor, but in this recipe, squash’s flavor gets enhanced by flavorful chiles, jalapenos, and red onions. If you do not want to spice up the dish, then you can use diced green chiles instead of jalapenos.
4. Cherry Tomato & Summer Squash Pasta– The creamy cherry tomato & summer squash pasta is a great yet simple summer pasta recipe with delicious cherry tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, goat cheese, herbs, and seasoning, all combined with whole-grain rotini.
Baked Ziti Recipe
- Large Pot
- Large Casserole
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 pound Italian Sausage
- 1 Onions (diced)
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 ½ pound Mozzarella
- 15 ounce Whole-Milk Ricotta
- ½ cup Parmesan (grated)
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 2 Egg
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 14 ½-ounce can Tomato Sauce
- 1 28-ounce can Whole Tomato with Juice
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasonings
- ½ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ tablespoon Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper (each)
- In a pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onions to it and saute them for 5 minutes.
- When garlic and onions are sauteed, add ground beef and sausage to it. Cook them until they turn brown.
- Remove one-fourth fat from the mixture. Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and red pepper. Simmer the mixture for 30 minutes. Remove some cups of sauce to a bowl to cool down.
- In a large pot, add water with salt. Cook the ziti until it will turn brown.
- At 375oF, preheat the oven.
- Add grated mozzarella, salt, pepper, ricotta, parmesan, parsley, and eggs. Stir the mixture accordingly.
- Under the cool water, drain the pasta.
- Add the pasta to the cheese mixture and toss it slightly. Then, add the reserved meat sauce and mix it properly.
- In a large casserole dish, add half coated pasta and sauce over the pasta with mozzarella.
- Again, add a layer coated pasta with sauce and mozzarella.
- For 20 minutes, bake it and leave it for 5 minutes. Sprinkle chopped parsley over it and serve.