I always wanted to try a recipe with pasta but in an innovative way. I found a Baked Ziti Recipe when I was in my college library, reading recipe books.
As a pasta lover, I always try new dishes which has pasta as the main ingredient. So I wrote the recipe of Baked Ziti. When I went back home, the first thing I did was- I gathered all the ingredients which are required to make Baked Ziti from the kitchen and some are those which were not in my kitchen.
After gathering all the ingredients, I started making Baked Ziti. And after few minutes, Baked Ziti was ready, and just by taking the one bite, it was on the list of my favourite dishes.
After I served Baked Ziti to my family, I thought to share a Baked Ziti Recipe with my food lovers over here. But first, let’s gather the ingredients which will elevate the taste of Baked Ziti Recipe from the market.
Ingredients For Baked Ziti Recipe
|Minced Garlic Cloves||3|
|Ground Beef||1 Pound|
|Italian Sausage||1 Pound|
|Can Of Tomato Sauce||14.5 ounce|
|Can Of Whole Tomato with Juice||28 ounce|
|Italian Seasonings||2 tsp|
|Red Pepper Flakes||1/2 tsp|
|Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper||1/2 tbsp|
|Mozzarella||1 1/2 Pounds|
|Whole-Milk Ricotta||15 ounce|
|Grated Parmesan||1/2 Cup|
|Chopped Fresh Parsley||2 tbsp|
When I made Baked Ziti for the first time, it took time to understand the proper timings. But now I know about how much time it takes to make Baked Ziti, I will also share that.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 Mins||65 Mins||95 Mins|
We are now at the final stage of that thing we all are waiting for. Any guesses what is it? Yes, I am talking about Baked Ziti Recipe.
Baked Ziti Recipe
- In a pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic, onions, saute them for 5 minutes.
- When garlic and onions are sauteed add ground beef and sausage, cook until it will turn brown.
- Remove one-fourth fat from the mixture and add tomato sauce, tomatoes, salt and pepper, Italian seasoning, and red pepper. Simmer the mixture for 30 minutes. Remove some cups of sauce to a bowl to cool down.
- In a large pot, add water with salt. Cook the ziti until it will turn brown.
- At 375 degrees F, preheated oven.
- Add grated mozzarella, salt and pepper, ricotta, Parmesan, Parsley, and eggs. Stir the mixture accordingly.
- Under the cool water drain the pasta.
- Into the cheese mixture, pour the bowl and toss it slightly, add the reserved meat sauce. Mix it properly.
- In a large casserole dish, add half coated pasta and sauce over the pasta with mozzarella.
- Again add a layer coated pasta with sauce and mozzarella.
- For 20 minutes, bake it and leave it for 5 minutes. Sprinkle chopped parsley.
Finally, Baked Ziti is ready. I bet you will also fell in love with pasta after trying this Baked Ziti.
Nutritional Facts Of Baked Ziti
Many of the people must be thinking that Are these Baked Ziti healthy or not? So for health-conscious people, I have mentioned the nutritional breakdown of the Baked Ziti.
How To Make Baked Ziti at Home | Video
I am the kind of person who grabs something quickly while watching it live. So, I have added a video of the recipe of Baked Ziti. While watching the video, you can easily make it.
I hope you’ve liked this recipe. Make this at home and fall in love with this delicious dish. Do share your reviews regarding Baked Ziti in the comments section below. And till then, stay tuned for more recipes like these.