Fish is a great food to constitute in your meals. Today, I will be sharing a recipe of baked whole trout that can be made at home easily.
Whenever we cook fish, we are always in a dilemma about knowing if the fish is fully cooked. The trick to check it is by inserting a fork in the thickest part of the fish. If the fish is properly cooked, it will look opaque. It will be moist and will flake with a fork. If it is undercooked, it will look raw and translucent.
To make baked whole trout, preheat the oven. Then, grease a baking pan and place the fish in it. Drizzle olive oil over the fish and season it with dill, thyme, and salt. Then, stuff onion slices inside the fish and sprinkle some pepper on it. Place the baking tray in the oven and bake the fish for 20 minutes until it becomes flaky.
This is just a summary of the recipe. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Chicken Roulade– A roulade is a French technique where food is rolled up. Due to this technique, this recipe is filled with creamy and delicious flavors. In terms of looks, this recipe pleases your eyes as well.
2. Baby Shrimp Scampi– This recipe is a combination of butter and white wine incorporated with the shrimp. The sweet and sour taste of butter and lemon juice makes this recipe an exceptional one.
3. New England Lobster Rolls– This simply cooked recipe is a treat for all Lobster lovers. Deliciously cooked lobster meat with mayonnaise dressing, stuffed into grilled hot dog buns will make your day.
4. Salmon Belly– Salmon belly is a very famous recipe around the globe. People from every part of the Pacific and Northern Region enjoy this recipe a lot. The recipe is basically from Norway but got famous in many parts of the world including South America and Japan.
Baked Whole Trout Recipe
- 9×13 inch Baking Dish
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil (to taste)
- 2 Whole Rainbow Trout (gutted and cleaned, heads and tails still on)
- ¼ teaspoon dried Dill Weed
- ¼ teaspoon dried Thyme
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- ½ large Onion (sliced)
- 2 thin slices Lemon (Optional)
- 2 tablespoons Hot Water
- Preheat the oven to 400oF (200oC).
- Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan with olive oil.
- Place the trout in the baking dish and coat it with the remaining olive oil. Season the fish inside out with dill, thyme, and salt.
- Stuff the fish with onion slices and sprinkle pepper on the top. Place a lemon slice on each fish.
- Bake it for 10 minutes. Now, add water to the dish and bake again for 10 minutes. Serve it hot.