If you want the best-baked potato, then don’t bake it. Grill it! Sounds weird, right? Then, give a shot to this recipe for baked potato on the grill. It’s an easy recipe. The potatoes are soft and have a crispy salty crust. You can add your choice of topping and use them as delicious sides for the meal. So, why don’t you try this recipe now?
While grilling out with friends, you wouldn’t want to waste time on complex dishes. Well! You can try baked potato on the grill. The potatoes in this recipe are baked over direct heat using heavy-duty aluminum foil. Try this recipe and you can enjoy it for at least 5 days by refrigerating it.
For baked potato on the grill, season each potato with salt, olive oil, black pepper, and garlic powder after poking it 5 to 6 times. Now, wrap it with aluminum foil and bake it in the grill for around 50 to 60 minutes. Unwrap the potatoes and top them with sour cream, chopped chives, or the topping of your choice.
You have to read the full recipe card to have the instructions for baked potato on the grill. You’ll also find a similar video below in this article. Watch it and make sure you rate this recipe. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other dishes from the starters section of our blog.
1. Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings– The air fryer lemon pepper chicken wings recipe is an easier way to make chicken wings. These chicken wings are infused with the flavors of lemon pepper and garlic.
2. Armadillo Eggs– Armadillo eggs are Texas staple food. These are jalapenos filled with cream cheese and have crispy bacon strips wrapped around them with pork sausage between the bacon and jalapeno. Armadillo eggs are filled with the flavors of cream cheese and spices like mustard, pepper, salt, cayenne, and many more.
3. Sausage And Stuffing Balls– Sausage and stuffing balls are an easy side dish for Christmas dinner. These are filled with sausage meat, breadcrumbs, butter, herbs, and onions. These delicious stuffing balls are enjoyed with any holiday main course dish.
4. Tamale Dressing– Tamale dressing is like a regular dressing with a twist of mesoamerican flavors. It’s loaded with chicken tamales, veggies like onion, celery, etc. and spices like salt, pepper, and many more. It also has crispy bread and fresh herbs like parsley and sage.
Baked Potato On Grill Recipe
- Kitchen Tongs
- Aluminum Foil (high-duty)
- 4 Medium Russet Potatoes
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (to taste)
For Serving (as per choice)
- Salted Butter
- Sour Cream
- Chopped Chives
- Poke the potato 5 to 6 times before you apply seasoning to it. Now, preheat your grill.
- Apply olive oil, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper on the surface of the potatoes. Wrap each potato with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Place them on the grill.
- Grill them with a closed lid for around 50 to 60 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- Remove these potatoes from the grill, leave them to cool after unwrapping them from the foil.