We bring you the weird, and here it is ‘a tangy cheesecake’. With the addition of raspberries; it thus becomes the perfect newness to your routine cakes. Bring a unique taste to your recipe with extreme tastes; a Lemon and Raspberry Cheesecake.
When I was a kid we had a black raspberry tree in the backyard; a perfect nick knack for our evening strolls in there. Some of them were sour, and almost all were sweet. Ah! What days, and an amazingly unique taste to our tongue. Keep calm because you might not have experienced them from a tree in the backyard, but an innovation can bring the pleasure of its basic taste.
How much time it will take:
1 hour 45 minutes
2 hours 5 minutes
Ingredients for Baked Lemon and Raspberry Cheesecake:
|Digestive Cookies||200 gm or 7 ounces|
|Melted butter||75 gm or 2.5 ounces|
|Full-fat soft cheese||600 gm or 21 ounces|
|Golden Caster sugar*||250 gm or 9 ounces|
|Yogurt||150 gm or 5 ounces|
|Finely grated zest of lemon||2 units|
|Lemon juice||1 tbsp|
|Plain flour||50 gm or 2 ounces|
|Raspberry||200 gm or 7 ounces|
|Icing sugar||to decorate|
Important notes about ingredients:
- *Golden caster sugar is a fine granulated sugar that is made from unrefined sugar cane or beets. It is popular in the UK for its color, which is a pale golden brown, and it has a slightly buttery flavor. It is unfortunately fairly unique to the UK. The important point to make is that it is a dry, free-flowing sugar.
How to make Baked Lemon and Raspberry Cheesecake | Recipe:
- Heat oven to 120C/100C. Crush the cookies in a food processor. Put into a bowl with the melted butter and mix well. Apply an even layer of the Cookies into the base of the cake tin and chill until needed.
- In a separate bowl use an electric whisk to beat the soft cheese and the sugar. Next beat in it the yogurt then the eggs one at a time. Finally beat in the lemon zest, lemon juice, and 50 gm or 2 ounces of plain flour.
- Fold through two-thirds of the raspberries crushing them very slightly so they start to bleed(leave its effect) into the mix then pour the mix on top of the cookie base and smoothen it over the top. Bake for 45 mins to an hour, then turn off the oven, leave the cake inside for another hour then cool at room temperature. Chill overnight.
- To serve, remove from tin, scatter with remaining raspberries and dust heavily with icing sugar.
Know the delight of such a combination. Let your mouth feel the pleasure of its ingredients. Take in the beauty of the so formed plating; to work out yet another day of your life.
Stay tuned for more recipes to count down the days of your life…