Today’s recipe is for baked cod. This fish recipe is juicy and tender. Cod is a fish that is mild with plenteous white flakes and delicate meat. It can be served with mashed or roasted potatoes, garlic bread, or a good salad.
Cod is an incredible fish and one of the most sold fish in America. It is one of the most versatile too. Cod is already salty but I recommend lightly salt it and then, allow it to sit for a few hours in the fridge. This lures out the moisture and makes the meat firm and nice. This technique is especially helpful in frying.
To make baked cod, season cod fillets with salt and pepper. In a baking dish, add cherry tomatoes, thyme, round-cut lemon slices, and garlic and pour olive oil over them. Place the cod fillets in the baking dish. Place the baking dish in the oven and bake it for 20 minutes. Then, take it out and garnish it with parsley and lemon slices. Your baked cod is ready!
This is just a summary of the recipe. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Swiss Enchiladas– This is the reason these are called Swiss enchiladas because of the use of dairy in it. Basic enchiladas are made with a tomato-based sauce. In Mexico, people also call this dish Enchiladas Suizas.
2. Seafood Paella– Seafood paella is a perfect recipe to make for dinners. It is also great for any festive occasion or a large family gathering.
3. Salmon Skin Roll– For those who love seafood a lot, the salmon skin roll could be a great option and anyone can make them at home with this recipe. And can enjoy it with friends and family on a beautiful evening.
4. Escabeche Fish– This recipe is quite famous in the Asian, Mediterrane, and European regions. This seafood recipe that I will be sharing today goes by the name of Escabeche.
Baked Cod Recipe
- 9×13 inch Casserole Dish
- 4 Cod Fillets
- 2 tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 2 tablespoons Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 4 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil (plus more for baking dish)
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 sprigs Thyme
- 2 Garlic Cloves (smashed but not peeled)
- 1 Lemon (round sliced, plus more for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons Parsley (freshly chopped, for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 400oF.
- Firstly, pat the cod fillets with a paper towel to remove excess water. Then, sprinkle salt and freshly ground black pepper on top.
- Now, in a baking dish, add cherry tomatoes, thyme, round-cut lemon slices, and garlic. Then, pour olive oil over them and mix them well with your hands.
- Place the cod fillets into the baking dish.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the fish flakes easily with a fork at the thickest part.
- Garnish it with parsley and lemon slices. Your baked cod is now ready to serve!