Every time I wish to munch on a healthy and light snack, I bake a bowl of chicken fajitas for myself and I am good to go. They make a low-calorie, delicious meal too. Easy to cook, baked chicken fajitas are spicy and do not require much of your time and effort. You do not need to stand in the kitchen to eye on the dish while it’s in the making; you just set the baking dish, put it in the pre-heated oven with all the ingredients and let it bake. And there you go!
Baked chicken fajitas are a Mexican dish that I learnt from one of my friends during high school. She would cook it for all our friends when we went to sleepovers at her place. The best part was the various toppings she experimented with. She would at times garnish it with cheese sauce and sometimes with her magical tangy sauces. Whatever it was, I just loved it. Since then, I have been baking it for my family and friends and they have loved it too.
The baked chicken fajitas recipe is a perfect meal for two, so it’s perfect for date nights at home too. Delight your partner with this amazing, easy-peasy recipe. The recipe takes zero preparation. Just throw in the chopped veggies and chicken in a pan and bake for about 30 minutes and you’re set. You can never go wrong with such dishes which do not really require high-level cooking skills. So, all you beginners, go for this recipe.
Now, let’s look into the procedure to cook this flavourful dish at home. Check out the ingredients first. It’s a healthy list of veggies along with the chicken.
Ingredients for Baked Chicken Fajitas
- 1 Large Onion (cut into wedges)
- 4 Thinly Sliced Potatoes
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (cut into thin strips)
- 2 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 6 Trimmed, Boneless Chicken Breast Halves
- ¼ tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 1 dash Hot Pepper Sauce
- 10 ounce Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles Can (undrained)
Yes, just a handful of ingredients and you’re set to roll. I am sure these ingredients will be available in your kitchens. So, grab the ingredients to try out this recipe at home. Also, do check out the timetable below to understand the time management for the dish.
How Much Time It Will Take to Make Baked Chicken Fajitas?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||30 minutes||40 minutes|
So, just 10 minutes of preparation and then the oven does the magic. Baked chicken fajitas are love! Down below is the step by step procedure of the recipe.
Steps to Make Baked Chicken Fajitas
- Preheat the oven to 400-degree F. Get a 9×13 inch baking pan ready with the cooking spray.
- In the baking pan, place the chicken breasts and sprinkle some taco seasoning over them. Add the onion, potatoes, bell pepper, garlic, oregano and hot pepper sauce.
- Transfer the undrained tomatoes from the can and cover with aluminium foil or lid.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and let it bake for about 30 minutes (until the potatoes are cooked well and the chicken doesn’t seem pink in the centre anymore, the juices run clear). You may insert an instant-read thermometer into the chicken to get a reading of 165- degrees F to understand the dish is ready.
There you go! Yes, it is that simple! I recommend you serve the fajitas with warm tortillas. It makes a great combo. Enjoy!
Nutritional Breakdown of Baked Chicken Fajitas
The dish is really very healthy. So that is why I have shared the nutritional breakdown of the dish. Check out the table below.
Note: The nutritional breakdown is for 1 serving only.
How to Make Baked Chicken Fajitas at Home | Video
I have added a short video for you all to watch and enjoy before creating your magic. I hope it helps and guides you through the complete procedure.
Thank you for stopping by this corner. I hope this recipe helps you all. Do share your feedback and suggestions in the comment section below. Ask out your queries and we shall be there to help. Enjoy the new year.