Every time I wish to munch on a healthy and light snack, I bake a bowl of chicken fajitas for myself and I am good to go. Baked chicken fajitas are spicy and easy to make. They do not require much of your time and effort.
Baked chicken fajitas are a Mexican dish that I learned from one of my friends during high school. She would garnish it with cheese sauce and sometimes with tangy sauces. I loved this delicious dish and tried to make it home as well.
To make baked chicken fajitas, place the chicken breasts in a baking pan and sprinkle some taco seasoning over them. Add the onion, potatoes, bell pepper, garlic, oregano, hot pepper sauce, and canned tomatoes. Cover the pan with foil and place it in the oven. Bake it for about 30 minutes.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Chicken Saltimbacca– Chicken Saltimbocca is an Italian dish mainly popular in Rome. In Italy, Saltimbocca means ‘jump in your mouth’. The main ingredients for this recipe are chicken breast and prosciutto.
2. Red Chicken– Red Chicken is a very simple recipe, you just need a few basic ingredients for making this recipe but the taste is truly luscious. While making this recipe you need to be a little bit patient.
3. Chicken Tetrazzini– This Chicken Tetrazzini is easy, creamy, cheesy, delicious, and loved by everyone! It’s classic comfort food and a perfect dinner for the entire family.
4. Fried Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings– These lemon-pepper wings are perfect for game day. Try these out if you’ve been stuck in a chicken wing rut. Add grated lemon zest to the butter mixture if you want a more pronounced lemon flavor.
Baked Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 9×13 Baking Pan
- 1 large Onion (cut into wedges)
- 4 Potatoes (thinly sliced)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (cut into thin strips)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 6 Chicken Breast Halves (trimmed, boneless)
- ¼ teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- A dash of Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1 10-ounce can Tomatoes with Green Chiles (diced, undrained)
- Preheat the oven to 400oF. Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In the baking pan, place the chicken breasts and sprinkle some taco seasoning over them. Add the onion, potatoes, bell pepper, and garlic. Also, add oregano and hot pepper sauce to it.
- Put the undrained canned tomatoes into the pan. Cover it with aluminum foil.
- Place the baking pan in the oven. Bake for it about 30 minutes until the potatoes are cooked well. It is cooked when the chicken isn't pink in the center anymore.