A sweet and savory appetizer, the baked brie with pecans recipe is the perfect party starter. It’s creamy, baked to perfection, and topped with crunchy pecans.
The Baked brie with pecans recipe is the best cheese you can treat your friends and family to. It is an effortlessly fancy recipe that is super easy to make. Moreover, it requires just five ingredients and you can use just about anything for dipping purposes.
What makes the baked brie with pecans recipe extra special is the play of texture. You dip it into a gooey and melty cheese, topped with toasted and crunch pecans, and finish with a sweet sugar and maple syrup coating.
In the sections below, I will take you through the step-by-step process of making this recipe. You will also learn about the food items that you can pair with this delectable dish.
Other Thanksgiving Recipes That You Can Try
- pecan pie cookies
- golden sweet cornbread
- creamy au gratin potatoes
- apple pie by grandma ople
- chef john’s roast turkey and gravy
- chef john’s make ahead turkey gravy
- grandma’s cranberry sauce
- grandma’s corn pudding
- turkey carcass soup
- downeast maine pumpkin bread
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Baked Brie With Pecans?
- Oven – You will need an oven to bake the cheese.
- Baking Sheet – A baking sheet will prevent the cheese from sticking to the tray.
- Baking Tray – A baking tray will be needed to bake the cheese.
- Saucepan – A saucepan will be required to make the sugar syrup.
- Spatula – A spatula will be helpful for stirring the sugar syrup.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Baked Brie With Pecans?
|Preparation Time||Baking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||45 Minutes||50 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Baked Brie With Pecans?
- Brie – To make baked brie with pecans, you will need one small wheel (9 ounces) of brie cheese. Brie cheese has a mild, buttery, fruity and creamy flavor.
- Pecans – Pecans have a sweet and buttery flavor. To make this dish, you will need ½ cup of pecans.
- Light-Brown Sugar – To add some sweetness to the dish, you will need three tablespoons of light-brown sugar. This sugar has a mildly sweet or caramel flavor.
- Maple Syrup – To add some complex flavors of vanilla and caramel, you will need three tablespoons of pure maple syrup to add to the sugar syrup.
- Crackers or Sliced Baguette – To serve the dish, you will need a packet of crackers, sliced baguette, or any other dipping food item.
Steps To Make Baked Brie With Pecans
1. Prepare The Cheese
To make baked brie with pecans, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. We will then place the brie on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until it softens. This should take you about 15 to 20 minutes. Once baked, we will place the brie on a serving plate and cool it for about 20 minutes.
2. Prepare The Nuts
We will now toast the nuts. On a clean baking sheet, place the pecans and bake until they are toasted and fragrant. This should take you 7 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle nuts over cheese.
3. Prepare The Sugar Syrup
To make the sugar syrup, we will take a saucepan and combine sugar and maple syrup. We will bring the sugar syrup to a boil over medium heat by simmering it until foamy for 1 to 2 minutes.
Once the sugar syrup is prepared, we will drizzle it over slightly cooled brie and pecans. Your baked brie with pecans is ready to be served with crackers, baguette, or anything of your choice.
What Can Be Served Along With Baked Brie With Pecans?
If you’re thinking about what to serve with your baked brie, there are many options. Check out the list below to make the most stunning dish for your guests.
- Apples, Pears, Peaches – Apples, peaches, and pears are one the hit combination with baked brie and pecans. The sweetness and juices of these fruits make them a lovely combination with Brie’s creamy texture.
- Toasted Baguette Slices – Bread and cheese are a match made in heaven. You can serve some slices of toasted baguette with baked brie.
- Jams – Jams are also a great addition to a cheese platter. Strawberry and fig jams are a popular choice.
- Seed Crackers – Crackers are one of the classic appetizers served with baked brie. You can choose plain crackers or seed crackers that pack extra nutrients, color, and texture.
- Marinated Olives – Garlic and herb-marinated olives make an ideal partner for a rich and creamy cheese such as brie.
- Vegetable Chips – Crispy veggie chips are the ultimate side dish for baked brie. They are a crunchy and healthy pairing for baked brie.
- Balsamic Roasted Peppers – You can add a lot of color to your baked brie with a pecan platter by serving balsamic roasted pepper. Their sharp flavors go very well with sweet baked brie.
- Pita Bread – Pita bread is a great dipping item for many platters. Pair your baked brie and pecans with delicious slices of pita bread.
- Baby Smashed Potatoes – Smashed potatoes are a delicious appetizer that is crunchy on the outside and crispy on the inside. They make for a good pairing with baked brie.
- Crostini – Crostini makes for a perfect appetizer. You can take a good quality loaf of crusty bread and toast it with olive oil and cracked black pepper. The crunchy and flavorful crostini will pair beautifully with creamy baked brie.
|Monounsaturated Fat||5 grams|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2 grams|
|Saturated Fat||5 grams|
|Vitamin C||0.1 milligrams|
What Will Baked Brie With Pecans Look And Taste Like?
Baked brie with pecans is a delicious appetizer to kick start a party. The cheese brings a sweet taste to the table and the pecans complement it with a nutty and toasty flavor. This dish has such a versatile overall flavor that it pairs well with bread, fruits, and vegetables.
Baked Brie with Pecans Recipe
- 1 Wheel of Brie or Camembert
- ½ cup Pecans
- 3 tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place brie on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until softened. This would take you about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer the cheese to a serving plate and cool for about 20 minutes.
- While your cheese cools, place pecans on a clean baking sheet.
- Bake the pecan for 7 to 10 minutes until it is toasted and fragrant. Sprinkle the pecans over the cheese.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and maple syrup.
- Bring the sugar and maple syrup to a boil over medium heat.
- Simmer the sugar syrup until foamy. This should take you 1 to 2 minutes.
- Drizzle sugar syrup over brie and nuts.
- Serve with crackers, baguettes, or any other food item of your choice.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
For how long should you bake brie?
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake the brie for 15 to 20 minutes.
What type of brie should be used for baking?
An economical brie or camembert is the best type to bake.
Should brie be at room temperature before baking?
No, you can bake brie directly out of the refrigerator.
What is the best way to serve brie cheese?
Brie can be served with crackers, baguettes, fruits, jams, crostini, roasted bell peppers, marinated olives, pita bread, and more.
Is Brie cheese better warm or cold?
For the best flavor, brie must be eaten at room temperature or baked.
What type of milk is Brie cheese made from?
Brie is made using milk from either cows or goats.
Baked brie with pecans is a delicious appetizer that can be served with many accompaniments. Try out this easy recipe and tell me how your experience was.