The texture of bagel chips is crispy and crunchy. It’s quite easy to make and only requires a few basic ingredients. This bagel recipe is divided into three parts: dough, poaching liquid, and bagel topping. Read on to know the complete recipe.
These garlic-heavy bagel chips are a delicious snack. The secret of the rich flavour is from real parmesan cheese and Italian seasonings. There are only a few pantry-friendly ingredients needed.
Every bite of this recipe is light and bursting with freshness. Bagel chips can get ready in less than 20 minutes. This recipe is not to be missed. I could go on and on about why we like it, but to keep things simple, here are some other fascinating facts about bagel chips.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Bagel Chips?
- Pan – The pan size depends on the quantity of food we make. I have taken a regular pan here.
- Spatula – Spatula helps in the mixing the food.
- Knife – The knife should be nice and sharp for easier slicing.
- Cutting Board – It will help you in cutting the bagel easily.
How Much Time Will You Need To Prepare Bagel Chips?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||10 Minutes||20 minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Bagel Chips?
- Bagels – Bagel is a hard ring-shaped bread roll prepared from yeast dough twisted into a doughnut-like form. We only need two large bagels for this recipe.
- Salt – Salt enhances the taste of food.
- Garlic Powder – Garlic powder is used to accentuate the flavour of bagel chips.
- Pepper – Pepper gives the crisps flavour and a touch of heat.
Steps To Make Bagel Chips
1. Preheat And Mix Up
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Using olive oil, lightly grease a baking sheet, cut bagels into 1/8-inch thick rounds. Arrange them on the oiled baking sheet in a single layer. Combine the olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese in a small mixing basin.
2. Assemble And Garnish
Using a spoon or pastry brush, drizzle the fragrant olive oil over the bagel chips. If the mixture starts to dry up, a little more oil can be added without sacrificing flavour. Season the chips with a pinch of salt and pepper.
In a preheated oven, bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the chips are gently toasted. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool. As the chips cool, they will become crispier.
How Will Bagel Chips Look And Taste Like?
Bagel chips are crispy chunks of bagel that have been lightly toasted. They have a similar texture to potato chips and come in salty or sweet varieties. Homemade bagel chips are a low-calorie snack that complements a range of spreads, dips, and cheeses.
Bagel Chips Recipe
- 2 Large Bagels
- 4 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- ¼ tbsp Garlic Powder
- ⅛ tbsp Salt
- ⅛ tbsp Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice a bagel in half and then slice each half into strips.
- Spread bagel slices on a baking sheet and brush with oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the chips are gently toasted.
This was all about Bagel chips recipe. Make this delicious snack at home and tell me in the comments how well you liked this recipe. See you next Time.