Bacon gravy is made of milk and bacon grease and can be served with biscuits. Today, let’s see how you can make this appetizing gravy at your home.
The recipe is very simple and easy to make. You can also use broth instead of milk, but I always prefer to use milk to maintain the flavors of the gravy. The recipe is my favorite dip to have with biscuits during breakfast time. The fat I like to use in the gravy is the bacon grease.
Bacon gravy’s recipe can be made by cooking bacon slices until they turn crispy. Now, add the bacon grease and flour in a skillet to form a roux. Then, add milk and whisk. Simmer for 10 minutes and add salt and pepper. At last, crumble the bacon until the mixture simmers.
Now, let’s see how you can make the gravy at your home. Just follow the steps below and prepare the recipe. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Black Bean Sauce– Black bean sauce is a Chinese sauce that has a funky and spicy taste. In this post, let’s see how you can make this sauce at your home.
2. Sha Cha Sauce– Sha Cha sauce is a very famous Chinese sauce that is primarily used in many Asian cuisines. This sauce is made of sha cha powder, peanut butter, sugar, milk and vegetable oil combined. The sauce is also known as Chinese BBQ sauce.
3. Vegan Lemon Sauce– The sauce has a tangy flavor that makes boring food exciting. The sauce is best for vegans as most of the dips and sauces make use of dairy products. The recipe is best paired with pasta.
4. Chile Con Queso– Chile con queso is a dipping sauce made with melted cheese and chili. Chile in Spanish means cheese. It is a hot sauce and is not served cold. It is best accompanied by tortilla chips.
Bacon Gravy Recipe
- 3 Slices Of Bacon
- 2 tablespoon All-Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ cups Milk
- 1 teaspoon Salt and Pepper Each
- 2 tablespoon Bacon Grease
- Preheat the large skillet on medium heat and add slices of bacon to the skillet. Cook until it will become crispy.
- Remove the skillet from heat and from the skillet, remove bacon. Now, add bacon grease to the skillet.
- To bacon grease, add flour and whisk. Cook it for a minute.
- In the skillet, add milk with flour mixture and whisk them together.
- Simmer the milk mixture for 10 minutes.
- In the mixture, add salt and pepper with bacon gravy. Crumble the bacon until the mixture simmers.
- Bacon gravy is ready to serve!
I hope you’ve liked this recipe of bacon gravy. Do share your meaningful reviews with us in the comment section. For more recipes like this, stay tuned!