Baby gem lettuce is a type of small romaine lettuce. Baby gem lettuce is sweet in flavour and is crunchy and crispy. You can make a great salad from this gem lettuce.
I love salads and the baby gem lettuce salad hits differently. It has simple ingredients and is really easy to make. The anchovy and herb dressing is delicious and really easy to make. I really love this salad as it is crunchy, sweet and really healthy.
To make baby gem lettuce, add lemon juice, tarragon, parsley, basil, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, anchovies with oil in a food processor and blend all of it together to make the dressing. In a large bowl, add lettuce, radishes, and lemon juice with some oil. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss them.
This is just an overview of the recipe. You’ll find the complete recipe below, along with other information. But before going to the full recipe, let’s check out some other healthy salads as well.
1. Texas Caviar– It is one of my favorite recipes as it is full of freshness and flavors. Caviar makes a perfect snack for a hot afternoon. It goes well along with chips, cheese crackers. This quick recipe will be a great last-minute dish for a fancy gathering at your home.
2. Macaroni Salad– If you are craving a light salad that you can eat as a snack too, then, you should try to make this macaroni salad. It is simple to make and has a very delicious and creamy taste. It is also fairly easy to make.
3. Grilled Romaine Lettuce– Green vegetables are always good for our health. They have positive health effects and are always considered beneficial for our health. So, this grilled romaine lettuce is a nutritious and easy-to-make recipe that has always been a perfect choice for a healthy diet.
4. Cabbage And Carrot Slaw– A healthy slaw is one of the best recipes that can be made for a picnic or a potluck. This salad a bowl of happiness and health. This simple and light dish will be a perfect side dish for any of your meals.
Baby Gem Lettuce Recipe
- 2 Chopped Anchovy Fillets
- 1 Grated Garlic Clove
- 2 Chopped Radish
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- ½ cup Basil Leaves
- 2 tbsp Parsley Leaves
- 2 tbsp Tarragon Leaves
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 4 ½ tsp Olive Oil
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- 6 Baby Gem Lettuce
- In a food processor, add lemon juice, tarragon, parsley, basil, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, anchovies with oil.
- Pulse until it becomes a smooth paste. Season it will salt in the end.
- In a large bowl, add lettuce, radishes, and lemon juice with some oil.
- Season with salt and add the dressing to the salad and toss gently, so everything gets covered with it.
- Your salad is ready to serve.
I hope you have liked this salad recipe. I recommend you make this healthy salad and do share your experience in the comment section. If you any suggestions or queries, mention them in the comment as well. I’ll try my best to help you. Till then, happy eating!