Today, I am going to share the recipe for baby eel in green sauce. It is a delicious and easy-to-make recipe. You can easily make this unique and delicious recipe at home in just half an hour.
It got its name from the Dutch language and is called Paling In’t Groen in it. This recipe is a popular one in the regions of the Netherland and nearby regions. The green sauce is usually a mixture of some green herbs along with leafy vegetables. The eels are cooked in this green mixture.
To make baby eel in green sauce, melt butter in a pan and cook shallots and garlic in it. Add eels, salt, and pepper to it and cook them well. Add white wine to it and cook for 25 minutes. Then, add spinach, sorrel, watercress, parsley, tarragon, and chervil to it and co. Lastly, add lemon juice and an instant binder to it and cook it. Garnish it with lemon wedges and serve!
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe. There are some other interesting main course recipes that you can check below!
1 . Meatball Nirvana– Meatball Nirvana is made with ground beef and spices. It is served with pasta and made in red sauce.
2. Seafood Quiche– If you love seafood and you love quiches, then, the seafood quice is the perfect fusion recipe for you. Seafood quiche is a savory dish that is fluffy and moist but it also has a flaky crust.
3. Kadai Paneer– This restaurant-style Kadai Paneer gets its unique flavor from freshly ground spices like coriander and red chilies! Enjoy it with naan or paratha.
4. Makhani Mirch– This golden-colored dish with a titch of green would give you a pleasurable taste just like wearing beautiful jewels. Just as gold and green grace your looks now the same would grace your palate and satisfy your taste buds.
Baby Eel in Green Sauce Recipe
- 1 kg Eel Steaks
- 200 g Branch Spinach
- 2 portions Chervil
- 210 g Sorrel
- 1 bunch Watercress
- 1 Garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 2 Shallots (finely chopped)
- 1 Lemon
- 2 teaspoons Butter
- 2 sprigs Fresh Parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Tarragon
- Salt and Pepper (as per taste)
- 1 teaspoon Instant Binder
- Take a saucepan and add some butter in it. Allow it to melt and add shallots and garlic into it.
- Sauté them and once done, add the eel steaks. Cook them well on both of their sides for about 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper for taste.
- Sprinkle some white wine into the pan and allow the eels to cook over low heat for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes, please take out the eels from the saucepan and keep them aside at warm temperatures.
- Add spinach, sorrel, watercress, parsley, tarragon, and chervil into the saucepan and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Once the sauce begins to boil, add some lemon juice to it and season it with salt and pepper. Add instant binder to bind the sauce together and then, add the eels back into it.
- Garnish with some lemon wedges and serve immediately.