I still remember those good old days, when my mom used to cook and asked me to guess what she was cooking. The memories are the only thing that remains forever. But in my case, taste also has the same story. My mom made delicious food and I still remember how tasty those meals used to be, primarily when she used to make the seafood.
Not only me, but my whole family loved the seafood that she made. The art of making food and handling the ingredients in correct proportions was the trick that made those dishes so special.
Today, I just went back in the past to my childhood days when mom used to make Baby Eel in Green Sauce. It was my favourite and I used to love it. The flavour of the ingredients and the eel full of nutrients was a perfect meal to satisfy both the factors that were health and taste. As we all know, seafood is considered one of the most nutritious foods available on earth. It makes your body strong and your internal organs healthy.
So, what is the Eel in Green Sauce? Let me tell you, it got its name from the Dutch language and is called Paling in ‘t Groen in it. This recipe is a popular one in the regions of the Netherland and nearby regions. The green sauce is usually a mixture of some green herbs along with leafy vegetables. The Eels are cooked with this green mixture and with some other ingredients that add to its taste makes it both healthy and delicious.
Today I am going to share the same Baby Eel in Green Sauce recipe like my mother used to cook. Hold on! And keep your ingredients ready, because we are about to make seafood that will turn your tastebuds crazy and left with no words. The recipe is quite easy and takes almost no time to get completed.
Come and let’s make this Baby Eel in Green Sauce recipe without any confusion or hassle. But to start the ingredients are needed and you will find them in the box below. Have a look and start the procedure.
Ingredients for Baby Eel in Green Sauce
|Eel steaks||1 kg|
|Branch spinach||200 gm|
|Garlic burst||1 pc|
|Fresh Parsley||2 springs|
|Fresh tarragon||1 tsp|
|Sal and pepper||According to taste|
|Instant binder||1 tsp|
The timings of this recipe are what make it more interesting. Have a look at the table below and note down the timings.
How Much Time Will It Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||30 minutes||40 minutes|
After knowing all the details and timings, I guess we are ready to move towards the final step of this recipe. Follow the procedure and make this recipe tastier than ever.
Baby Eel in Green Sauce Recipe
- Chop the garlic, shallots, and parsley finely and keep them aside.
- Take a saucepan and add some butter in it. Allow it to melt and add shallots and garlic into it.
- Saute them and once done, add the eel steaks, cook them well on both of their sides for about 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper for taste.
- Sprinkle some white wine into the pan and allow the eels to cook over low heat for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes, please take out the eels from the saucepan and keep them aside at warm temperatures.
- Add spinach, sorrel, watercress, parsley, tarragon, and chervil into the saucepan and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Once the sauce begins to boil, add some lemon juice and season it with salt and pepper. Add instant binder to bind the sauce together and then add the eels back into it.
- Garnish with some lemon wedges and serve immediately.
Your Eel in Green Sauce is ready to eat. Enjoy this delightful and nutritious dish with your family and friends. Make some great memories together.
Nutritional Breakdown of Baby Eel in Green Sauce
The nutritional breakdown of this nutritious recipe is done in the table below. Have a look and note the values for reference.
So what do you think about this Baby Eel in Green Sauce recipe? Do try this recipe at home and if you know something more exciting about this recipe and I will love to add it. Do share this recipe with your friends and let us know their reviews and experiences as well, in the comments section below. Till then take care and happy cooking!