Sushi, as you know is a famous Japanese Dish whose one of the main ingredients include vinegar rice. Avocado Sushi, as the name suggests includes avocado which makes the dish even more incredible. Along with cucumber as an ingredient, it’s also called Cucumber and Avocado Sushi Recipe.
My Japanese friend introduced sushi to me and subsequently, Avocado Sushi. She cooks deliciously and often invites me to her home for dinner. She does wonders with it by adding cucumber and avocado, making the dish even yummier and mouth-watering.
While making a roll, she explained to me once that if I wish to sell them, I could moisten with little water. This instruction helped me a lot in making Avocado Sushi at my home. Also, she served me the dish with some of her favourite sushi condiments.
You too can make Avocado Sushi at home quickly and easily. In this article, we will see how to make Avocado Sushi at home. So, without further ado let’s check out the best ever Avocado Sushi Recipe.
Avocado Sushi Recipe Ingredients
|Water||1 1/4 cups|
|Uncooked glutinous white rice (sushi rice)||1 cup|
|Rice vinegar||3 tablespoons|
|Nori (dry seaweed)||4 sheets|
|Cucumber, sliced into thin strips||1/2|
|Avocado (peeled, pitted and sliced)||1|
How much time will it take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|35 minutes||25 minutes||1 hour|
Avocado Sushi Recipe
- Take a saucepan. Put water and rice into it.
- Let it boil. After covering it with lid, let it simmer for 15-20 minutes. See if rice gets tender and water gets evaporated.
- Take the saucepan off the heat. Now, add in vinegar and a pinch of salt. Stir it.
- Allow it to cool.
- Take the plastic wrap. Use it to cover the bamboo sushi mat. It would prevent the sticking of rice.
- Next, arrange a seaweed sheet over the plastic used to cover the sushi mat.
- Spread out the rice onto the seaweed sheet. It should be spread evenly and make sure leave about 0.5 inches of sheet empty at its bottom.
- Now, you have to place the cucumber strips and avocado on the sheet where the centre of the spread-out rice lies.
- Raise the bamboo sushi mat to roll over the vegetables. Press them down followed by unrolling and rolling again. This time roll them towards the end of the seaweed sheet which has been exposed.
- This would make a long roll.
- Now, leave this undisturbed at one side.
- Continue the process with remaining nori sheets, rice and filling.
- Now, chop the rolls into 5-6 slices using a wet knife(should be sharp as well).
- Serve it.
Avocado Sushi Recipe Nutritional Information
|Total fats||5.1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||28.7 g|
|Vitamin A||164 IU|
|Vitamin C||5 mg|