Today, the recipe I am going to share is called Au Gratin potatoes. It is one of the most loved French dishes which is not only famous in France but the whole world.
This Au Gratin Potatoes recipe is a blend of evenly sized potatoes mixed with some butter and shredded cheese. It is delicious and easy to make. You can easily prepare this recipe at home.
To make Au Gratin potatoes, grease a baking dish with butter. Mix potatoes, salt, and pepper in a bowl and arrange the slices on the bottom of the baking dish. Top it with shredded cheese and cream. Repeat the layers until the baking dish is filled. Top it with cheese and cream. Bake it for 1 hour. Garnish it with thyme and then serve it.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Vegetable Tagine– Vegetable Tagine recipe is just as easy and tasty, and it’s a perfect way to use lots of different vegetables. I’ve included my favorite combination here, but you can use any number of vegetables.
2. Cheesy Spinach Bake– Everyone loves a dish made with cheese. I am pretty sure that this recipe will be the best spinach recipe you will ever taste. Even if you do not like spinach much, you might still like this cheesy spinach recipe.
3. Vegan Pulled Jackfruit– Vegetables have always been a good source of nutrients that our body demands. And having a vegan diet also helps maintain your calorie count and carbs level that you somehow lack in non-vegan food.
4. Turkey Mango Picadillo– Healthy, homemade fast food is a cinch with this Latin-inspired recipe. We remade this traditional dish with ground turkey breast instead of ground beef.
Ingredients for the Au Gratin Potatoes
|Russet Potatoes||2 ½ pounds|
|Ground Black Pepper||¼ teaspoon|
|Parmigiano – Reggiano Cheese||1 cup|
|Heavy Cream||2 ½ cups|
|Fresh Thyme||¼ cup|
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|15 minutes||1 Hour||1 hour 15 minutes|
Au Gratin Potatoes Recipe
- Take a baking dish and grease it with butter. Preheat the oven to 3500F.
- Mix potatoes, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl and toss them until fully coated.
- Now, arrange the potatoes slices at the bottom of the baking dish. Top it with shredded cheese. Also, add cream on it as well.
- Repeat the similar layers until the baking dish is completely filled. Top it with cream and cheese as well.
- Now, place the dish in the oven and bake it in the oven for 1 hour. After that, check the potatoes if they are soft and cooked.
- After it’s done, keep the dish aside and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with some thyme and serve.
Nutritional Breakdown of Au Gratin Potatoes