Do you love cheese? I don’t think anyone can hate it. Cheese is the best edible thing I have ever seen. It turns every food or dish which might be boring or not that good in taste, a delicious one. Cheese is also apowerhouse of proteins as well as carbohydrates which is enough to keep you moving all day.
Well, today I think I might cook a dish which is a good source of proteins, carbohydrates, fats and calcium. Any guesses what I am up to? Today we are going to make a very famous and most loved French dish which is not only famous in France but in the whole world. This recipe is called Au Gratin Potatoes.
This Au Gratin Potatoes recipe is a blend of evenly sized potatoes mixed with some butter and shredded cheese. Sounds delicious right? So let’s rock n roll and make this perfect Au gratin Potatoes at home.
The ingredients are the first step of any recipe and here is the list of the same in the table below.
Ingredients for the Au Gratin Potatoes
|Russet potatoes||2 ½ pounds|
|Ground black pepper||¼ tsp|
|Parmigiano – Reggiano Cheese||1 cup|
|Heavy cream||2.5 cups|
|Fresh thyme||¼ cup|
Now you have the ingredients and can make it. These ingredients are very easily available at any grocery or supermarket store. This recipe actually takes a little bit of time to cook completely. Here is the actual time frame that you have to follow.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|15 minutes||60 minutes||1 hour 15 minutes|
Now, this is the part of which me, you and all the food lovers wait for. Yes, I am talking about the directions to make these Au Gratin Potatoes at home. So without waiting more, let’s check them out.
Au Gratin Potatoes Recipe
- Take a baking dish and grease it with butter and set your oven to 3500F to preheat it.
- Mix together potatoes with salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl and toss them until fully coated.
- Now arrange the potatoes slices at the bottom of the baking dish and garnish the shredded cheese on it, add cream on it as well.
- Form the layers of this until the baking dish is completely filled. Pu the cream and cheese on the top as well.
- Now bake it in the oven for 1 hour and after, check the potatoes if they are soft and cooked.
- After it’s done, keep the dish aside and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with some thyme and voila!
This is how you make this beautiful recipe called Au Gratin Potatoes at your home. It’s easy and simple to make. Do try it out.
Nutritional Breakdown of Au Gratin Potatoes
The nutritional breakdown is important for your health concerns and is provided in the table below. Check it out and know your food.
How to Make Au Gratin Potatoes at Home | Video
This recipe is quite easy to make but if you need any kind of help or more details, then here is the video for you which will help you out.
I hope you will like this recipe and try this at your home. Please tell us about your experience and reviews about this recipe in the comments box below. We would love to hear from you guys. Till then take care and keep cooking!