The Mexican Arroz Rojo (red rice) is the recipe for today. The flavors, spices, and style of cooking are what make this recipe different. This recipe has a dominating flavor of tomato. This makes it even more delicious.
This recipe not only has good flavors and taste but is nutritious too. It has various ingredients that are good for health and have many beneficial effects on your health. The garlic and peanut oil used in this recipe is very healthy for the body.
To make Arroz Rojo, heat oil in a pan and saute rice, garlic and onions in it for 2 minutes. Now, add the chicken broth, tomato paste and salt in it and mix them well. Cook the rice for about 30 minutes. Remove the pan from heat and let them rest for sometime. Your Arroz Rojo is ready to serve!
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other recipes that you might find interesting, check them below.
1. Meatball Nirvana– Meatball Nirvana is made with ground beef and spices. It is served with pasta and made in red sauce.
2. Birria de Chivo Estilo Jalisco– The recipe for today is Birria de Chivo Estilo Jalisco. It is a goat meat stew made with marinated meat. It is also known as Mexican braised goat and this dish is served from street carts to restaurants in Mexico.
3. Tinga De Pollo– It is also known as Chicken Tinga. This recipe is basically from Mexico but its name is taken from the Spanish language. The recipe is very delicious and easy to make. So let’s get started and make this Tinga de Pollo.
4. Duck Confit– For this classic French preparation, duck legs are cured overnight before being submerged in duck fat and gently cooked until silky and tender in a low oven.
Ingredients for Arroz Rojo
|Peanut Oil||2 teaspoon|
|Long Grain White Rice||1 cup|
|Onion (chopped)||1 medium|
|Tomato Sauce||1 can|
|Chicken Broth||1 ¼ cups|
|Chili Powder||2 teaspoon|
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|10 minutes||30 minutes||40 minutes|
Arroz Rojo Recipe
- Take a large and heavy saucepan and heat oil in it.
- Add the rice, garlic and onions and sauté them for about 2 minutes until they are translucent.
- Now, add the chicken broth, tomato paste and salt in it and mix them well.
- Let the mixture boil and reduce the heat to low once it boils. Wait until the rice is cooked. It will take about 30 minutes.
- Now, remove the pan from heat and let it rest for 5 minutes. Then, garnish with some coriander and serve immediately.
Nutritional Breakdown of Arroz Rojo