Arrabbiata sauce can be used to make pasta, pizzas or subs. The sauce can be prepared very easily and doesn’t take much time.
The sauce originated in Rome, Italy. Arrabbiata means angry in the Italian language and has got a spicy flavor. The recipe is best made with dried red chili peppers but if you are not able to find them, then you can use red chili flakes. Now, let’s start with an overview of the recipe.
The first step in making arrabbiata sauce is to saute onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes. Then, add wine, sugar, basil, red pepper, tomato paste, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, black pepper and tomatoes. Bring to a boil and cool. The sauce is ready!
Now, it’s time we get started with the complete recipe below. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
Other Sauce Recipes That You Can Try
- Mushroom Sauce Recipe
- Mardi Gras Mustard Sauce Recipe
- Little Caesar Cheesy Jalapeno Dip
- Orange Marmalade Recipe
- Truffle Sauce Recipe
- Chicken Liver Pate Recipe
- Famous Dave’s BBQ Sauce Recipe
- Texas Trash Dip Recipe
- Tonkatsu Sauce Recipe
- Bacon Gravy Recipe
Arrabbiata Sauce Recipe
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup Chopped Onion
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- ⅜ cups Red Wine
- 1 tbsp White Sugar
- 1 tbsp Chopped Fresh Basil
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp Italian Seasoning
- ¼ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2 cans Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add onion and garlic to it. Heat them for 5 minutes.
- Stir in wine, sugar, basil, red pepper, tomato paste, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, black pepper and tomatoes. Bring it to a boil.
- Remove the mixture for heat and keep it aside for few minutes.
- Sprinkly some parsley.
Now, make this awesome sauce and add a twist to your penne. Don’t forget to post your experience with the recipe in the comment section below.