Arrabbiata sauce can be used to make pasta, pizzas or subs. The sauce can be prepared very easily and doesn’t take much time.
The sauce originated in Rome, Italy. Arrabbiata means angry in the Italian language and has got a spicy flavor. The recipe is best made with dried red chili peppers but if you are not able to find them, then you can use red chili flakes. Now, let’s start with an overview of the recipe.
The first step in making arrabbiata sauce is to saute onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes. Then, add wine, sugar, basil, red pepper, tomato paste, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, black pepper and tomatoes. Bring to a boil and cool. The sauce is ready!
Now, it’s time we get started with the complete recipe below. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Lemon Curd– Whether it’s cakes or scones, this recipe of lemon curd will amplify the taste of the food. It’s so delicious, tangy and creamy, that it just melts in your mouth, the moment it comes in contact with your taste buds.
2. Fish Sauce– Fish sauce is a result of the fermentation of fish and salt. It is a staple diet of people in Southeast Asia. The sauce is great for adding flavors to ramen, marinades and fries.
3. Annatto Oil– Annatto is a plant and each and every part, like seeds, leaf and root are used to make a myriad variety of medicine.
4. Raisin Sauce– The sauce has got a sweet and sour flavor, which amplifies the taste of the food. If you’re preparing for any special occasion, then prepare it in advance as you can store it in the refrigerator and reheat it during the time of use.
Arrabbiata Sauce Recipe
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup Chopped Onion
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- ⅜ cups Red Wine
- 1 tbsp White Sugar
- 1 tbsp Chopped Fresh Basil
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp Italian Seasoning
- ¼ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2 cans Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add onion and garlic to it. Heat them for 5 minutes.
- Stir in wine, sugar, basil, red pepper, tomato paste, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, black pepper and tomatoes. Bring it to a boil.
- Remove the mixture for heat and keep it aside for few minutes.
- Sprinkly some parsley.
Now, make this awesome sauce and add a twist to your penne. Don’t forget to post your experience with the recipe in the comment section below.