Apricot ice cream is a delicious ice cream and tastes tangy with a sweet touch. It has a sweet and sour flavor and a smooth texture. It is easy to make and has simple ingredients.
I remember eating apricot ice cream as a kid. That nostalgia led me to make this ice cream as an adult. Let me tell you, and I was not disappointed. It took me a few hit and try recipes to get the one I used to eat as a kid. But I finally did figure it out and that is the recipe I’ll be sharing.
To make apricot ice cream, make a fruit mixture by heating apricots, lemon zest, cinnamon and sugar in a pan. Then, blend it. Chill for some time and then, add whipped cream, whole milk and vanilla extract. Blend it again and leave it to chill. Take it out and serve.
This was just a snippet of the detailed recipe, which can be found in a section down below. But before you check out the full recipe, do have a look at these other ice cream recipes.
1. Chunky Monkey Ice Cream– Ben & Jerry’s is one of the most authentic ice cream chains in America and this Chunky Monkey ice cream is one of their original flavors. It is made from bananas with chocolate chunks and brownie bits.
2. Mongo Sorbet– Mango Sorbet is a delightful recipe you can try at your home during summers. If you are not a sorbet fan, then this recipe will make you fall in love with sorbet.
3. Strawberry Ice Cream Soda– Combination of an ice cream soda and homemade strawberry sauce is something that you can’t resist. This ice cream soda can be your favorite thing if you try it once.
4. Ube Ice Cream– One of the oldest ice creams out there, the ube ice cream is also famous for the vivid lavender color that makes it look more beautiful and attractive.
Apricot Ice Cream Recipe
- Large Bowl
- Sheet Pan
- Food Processor
- 15 Apricots
- 1 cup Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 2 cups Heavy Whipped Cream
- 1 ½ cups Whole Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Unpeel the apricots and cut them into slices.
- In a pan over medium heat, add sliced apricots, lemon zest, sugar, cinnamon.
- Stir the mixture occasionally until the sugar dissolved for about 5-10 minutes.
- In a blender, add the mixture after it becomes tender and blend it until it becomes smooth.
- In a large bowl, add the heated mixture and place it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Once the mixture is cooled down, mix heavy cream, milk, and vanilla into the chilled fruit mixture.
- In a shallow sheet pan, pour the fruit mixture and put it in the freezer for 3 hours.
- After 1.5 hours, remove the mixture from the pan and, again, blend it.
- After the blending process, put the mixture again in the pan and in the freezer.
- Place the mixture in the freezer overnight or for 4 hours. Then, take it out and apricot ice cream is ready to serve.