Apricot freezer jam! Sounds yummy and with this, you might get a picture of apricot jam on your crunchy toast. But wait! Are you confusing freezer jam with the classic jam? Yes, these are two different terms. Many of you might not have even heard of the freezer jam before. Still in a dilemma?
Let me help you a bit by sharing its primary difference. Freezer jam is made without cooking the fruit while the traditional jam is prepared by cooking the fruit with some other ingredients. With this difference, it must be clear that freezer jam takes less of the time to prepare as no cooking is involved.
Apricot Freezer jam is the easiest fruit jam as compared to other fruit jams, reason being, apricots do not require to be peeled. You need to split them apart and take the seed out. Apricot freezer jam will taste best with pancakes, crepes, waffles, oats and a toast.
Freezer jam is less complicated to prepare. So, let’s not make any delay and head towards the kitchen to collect the listed ingredients. Have a look on the list. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Rhubarb Jam– A vegetable known for its reddish stalks and sour taste, rhubarb is cooked and often sweetened in European and North American countries while it is used for medicines in the Asian continent.
2. Gingerbread Men Cookie– These cookies that we are about to make are called gingerbread man cookies. This is because it is made in the shape of a human. So, these cookies will be the best choice for your small parties or your kid’s birthday party.
3. Quince Jelly– Although quince can’t be eaten raw, they make some wonderful rose-colored quince jelly. You can convert sour quince to a beautiful rose-colored quince jelly.
4. Crumble Toppings– Crumble Topping can be used to top pie or muffins and coffee cakes. This crumble topping will never disappoint you and it will make your apple pie or pumpkin pie more delicious.
What's In The Post
Ingredients for Apricot Freezer Jam
|Fresh Apricots||2 ½ cups|
|Granulated sugar||5 ½ cups|
|Lemon Juice||2 tablespoons|
|Sure Jell Pectin||1 box|
|Pint Jar with lids and screw bands||4 jars|
These ingredients are readily available in the supermarket. There is no hassle in collecting them. One preparation which you can do beforehand is to clean the jars with soap and hot water properly.
Also, don’t forget to clean the lids and the screw. Wipe them dry using any cloth or towel and place them separately. You can do this a night before making the jam or in the day time. Now, check out the time for making the apricot freezer jam.
How Much Time Will It Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|45 Minutes||n/a||45 Minutes|
Hmm! This requires patience. I know for this yummy-jammy recipe, it is tough to have patience but as you know “Patience always pays” and you will get a delicious and fruity reward. With all your zeal, let’s get started with the instruction.
Apricot Freezer Jam Recipe
- Wash the apricots, cut them into halves and beat them with a blender or food processor.
- Take 2 ½ cups of this into a large bowl and add lemon juice to it.
- Add sugar to this and stir it till the sugar dissolves. Rest it for 10 minutes.
- Now, it’s time to add pectin but before adding it to the mixture, stir it once. Add water in a pan and one box of pectin to it. Whisk it so that no lumps are formed, some lumps will be left but don’t worry they will dissolve when cooked.
- Boil this mixture for a minute and remove from heat.
- Put this pectin mixture to the fruity mix and stir it till the sugar dissolves, for about 3 minutes.
- Transfer this to clean dry jars and seal them.
- For 24 hours, please keep them in a room temperature till they set. Store them in a refrigerator for a month or in the freezer for a year.
You must be excited to start with it. I feel the same. Just remember to not overfill up the jars as when the jam is placed in the freezer, it expands while setting up. So, take care of this and you are ready to go!
Nutritional Breakdown of Apricot Freezer Jam
This jam is 100% homemade and is very good for your health as compared to those canned jams. That’s why I added its nutritional breakdown below.
How to Make Apricot Freezer Jam at Home | Video
You can easily make this jam at your home. Still, I’ve added a video below so it’ll be easier for you understand all the directions correctly.
I hope you’ll try this jam at your home and will also love it. Do share the experiences when you make this Apricot delicacy at your home. Till then, stay tuned for more recipes like these.