Do you want to make cookies and apple pies for Christmas? But who has the time to make both of these separately? My idea! Why not combine the two. Yup, you heard right. I am talking about apple pie cookies. You can make a pie slash cookie dough and fill them with delicious caramelized apples. You can call them pie cookies or mini pies, or apple cookies. It’s all up to you.
This is also a way to stir up some fun. You don’t want to make the same thing year after year when you can actually be artsy with food. Think about it, little pie cookies with a golden exterior sprinkled with cinnamon sugar and a delicious apple filling. You’ll start eating these, and soon it’ll be one too many.
The apple pie cookies are great individual desserts too. The recipe tells you how to make the cookie dough, the filling, and then the cinnamon sugar. I think I have rambled on enough for you to sell this recipe. Do you feel you have to make this recipe for Christmas? If yes, then here is the complete recipe for apple pie cookies for you. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other appetizing desserts from our blog.
1. Salted Nut Roll Bars– Salted nut roll bars are salted, crunchy, and chewy candy dessert. It has marshmallows and condensed milk filled with crunchy roasted peanuts. These bars are slightly salted and are flooded with the sweetness of marshmallows, along with the nutty flavor of peanuts.
2. Bubblegum Cake– Bubblegum cake has artificial fruit flavors infused with vanilla extract. This cake has butter and eggs in it to keep it moist and soft. It’s whipped with bubblegum flavor to have a beautiful color. It looks appealing and is tastier than the ones you might’ve tried.
3. Smoked Apple Pie– Smoked apple pie is a healthy dessert. It has a smoky flavor with a crispy golden crust. This pie has dense apple filling. It’s flavored with cinnamon, vanilla, and nutmeg. It has the sweet taste of sugar and vanilla with a twist of lemon juice and orange zest. Smoked apple pie is coated with butter and sugar to have a crispy sweet outer crust.
4. Mini Gingerbread Houses– Mini gingerbread houses are a delicious Christmas treat. These are made from gingerbread and are infused with the flavors of gingerbread, mixed spices, golden syrup, and many more. It’s a perfect celebration dessert to be enjoyed with family on Christmas.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Apple Pie Cookies?
- Food Processor- Mix all the ingredients in the food processor.
- Large Bowl- Make the flour mixture in the large bowl.
- Plastic Wrap- When the dough is ready, wrap it in plastic and chill it.
- Medium Pot- Cook the apples in a medium pot.
- Cookie Sheets with Parchment Paper– Roll the dough on the parchment paper and then cut small rounds with a cookie cutter.
- Oven- Bake the delicious cookie slash pie pastry in the oven.
- Rolling Pin- Flatten the dough using a rolling pin.
- Round Cookie Cutter- A 6cm cookie cutter will do for cutting the dough.
- Wooden Spoon and Fork- You need to stir the apple mixture. Do that with a wooden spoon. Use a fork to close the edges.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Apple Pie Cookies?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Chilling Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||15 Minutes||30 Minutes||1 Hour 5 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Apple Pie Cookies?
For The Cookie Dough
- All-Purpose Flour- It’s pretty simple, “If you want to make cookies or pie, you need some flour, my guy”.
- Baking Powder- Add some baking powder to the mixture and tell the dough to rise and shine.
- Sugar and Salt- Add a little bit of sugar to make a sugary dough and a pinch of salt to balance the sweetness.
- Butter- Add some butter to enhance the taste and texture of your dough.
- Egg- An egg helps to add taste and moisture. It also binds the structure of the dough.
- Vanilla Extract- A dessert without vanilla extract is like a movie without music; you can make it, but what’s the point.
For The Apple Filling
- Apples- Core and peel the apples and then dice them really small. The small size is so that they fit between the small cookie dough.
- Butter and Brown Sugar- Cook the apples in butter and sugar to caramelize them.
- Cinnamon- Add a little cinnamon to give a sweet fragrance and taste.
For Cinnamon Sugar
- Granulated Sugar and Ground Cinnamon- Mix sugar and cinnamon to make cinnamon sugar for sprinkling on the cookie pies.
Steps To Make Apple Pie Cookies
1. Making The Pie Cookie Dough
In a large bowl, make the dry mixture by mixing flour, baking powder, and salt. Then, take out your food processor and add butter and sugar. Turn on the food processor and mix these two well. After that, break an egg into this mixture and pour some vanilla extract as well. Pulse the mixture until smooth.
When done, add the flour mixture to it and mix to almost form a dough. Lightly flour your working surface and place this mixture over it. Use the magic of your hands and knead it into a smooth dough. You and the dough both need to chill before you move on to making the pie cookies. So, wrap the cookie slash pie dough in plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. Chunky Apple Filling
While the dough is chilling, you should make the filling. In a medium pot, add butter, cinnamon, sugar, and apples. Stir and cook the apples for 5 minutes. Then, cover the pot and then cook the apples for another 5 minutes.
Squish the apples gently using a fork but keep them a bit chunky and not too mushy. Actually, I don’t want the apples to be mushy, and you can want whatever you like. Remove the pot from heat and let the apple filling cool down.
3. The Assembly
Line the cookie sheets with parchment paper. Also, preheat the oven to a scorching 350℉. Unwrap your chilled dough and roll it on a floured surface. It should be about 2 mm thick. Cut 28 circles from the flattened dough using a cookie cutter. You’ll need half of them for the base and half of them for the top. Place 14 cookie rounds on the cookie sheet and spoon some filling at the center of the circle. Place another circle on top of it, lightly wet the edges and seal them using a fork.
To make cinnamon sugar, mix cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl. Moisten the top of the pie cookies with water of milk and sprinkle some cinnamon sugar over them.
Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake your apple pie cookies for about 15 minutes until they are golden. After that, take them out and allow them to cool for about 10 minutes. Don’t just put a burning hot pie in your mouth. With the cooling process, your delicious apple pie cookies are ready to devour.
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
How Will The Apple Pie Cookies Look And Taste Like?
The apple pie cookies look like little golden pies. You can smell the cinnamon from afar, and the notes of vanilla are what I am living for. The sweet apple filling with the sweet crumbly crust is absolutely delectable. It’s my new go-to Christmas dessert, and soon enough, it’ll be yours too (*insert evil laughter*).
Apple Pie Cookies Recipe
- Food Processor
- Large Bowl
- Plastic Wrap
- Medium Pot
- 2 Cookie Sheets with Parchment Paper
- Rolling Pin
- Round Cookie Cutter
- Whisk and Fork
For The Cookie Dough
- 1 ½ cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- ½ cup Butter
- 1 large Egg
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
For The Apple Filling
- 2 Apples (cored, peeled, diced small)
- 1 ½ tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
For Cinnamon Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
For The Pie Cookie Dough
- In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder, and salt and mix them.
- Then, in a food processor, add butter and sugar and mix them well. After that, add egg and vanilla and pulse the mixture until smooth.
- Now, add the flour mixture to it and mix. Lightly flour a surface and place this mixture over it. Knead it into a smooth dough using your hands.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and then place it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to set.
For The Apple Filling
- In a medium pot, add butter, cinnamon, sugar, and apples. Stir and cook the apples for 5 minutes.
- Cover the pot and then cook the apples for another 5 minutes.
- Squish the apples gently but keep them a bit chunky. Take the pot off the heat and allow the apple filling to cool.
For The Assembly
- Line the cookie sheets with parchment paper. Also, preheat your oven to 350℉.
- Unwrap the dough and roll it on a floured surface. It should be about 2 mm thick.
- With the help of a cookie cutter, cut 28 circles from the flattened dough.
- Place half of the cookie rounds on the cookie sheet. Put some filling at the center of the circle and place another circle on top of it. Light wet the edges and seal them using a fork.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl. Moisten the top of the pie cookies and sprinkle some cinnamon sugar over them.
- Place the assembled pie cookies in the oven and bake them for about 15 minutes until they are golden and baked to perfection.
- After that, take them out and allow them to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Your delicious apple pie cookies are ready.
This is the end of this recipe. Make these delicious apple pie cookies at home and tell me in the comments how well you liked them. Until next time, happy cooking!