Apples and pears are a natural pair. A dish which has the combination of both tastes divine. Apple Pear Pie is indeed a mouth-watering and delicious dish. I am very fond of this dish. Every time, when I prepare the Apple Pear Pie recipe at my home, I’m the one who eats a major chunk of it. You know the one who cooks has the right to eat more, I use this excuse to take some pie from my sibling’s plate.
Whenever my dad calls his business partners for lunch at home, I am the one who prepare every dish and Apple Pear Pie is on the top. They love it and ask me to cook it every time they visit.
So, here I am sharing the recipe for Apple Pear Pie with you. You will love to make it and serve it your loved ones.
Ingredients required for Apple Pear Pie Recipe
|Pastry for double-crust pie||9 inches|
|Medium ripe pears (peeled and thinly sliced)||3|
|Medium-sized tart apples (peeled and thinly sliced)||3|
|Lemon juice||1 tsp|
|Ground cinnamon||1 tsp|
|Ground nutmeg||1/4 tsp|
|Sugar||1 cup + 1 tsp|
How much time will it take ?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|20 minutes||1 hour||1 hr 20 minutes|
Apple Pear Pie Recipe
- Firstly, roll out dough for the bottom crust and place it in 9-inch pie plate. Trim it to 1 inch beyond plate’s edge.
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees F.
- Now combine peas, apples, sugar, juice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Transfer this mixture to prepared pie crust, dot it with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry or dough for the top crust. Cut decorative cutouts in pastry, place it unto filled pie. Trim 1/2 inch beyond edge
- Fold under the bottom crust to seal it. Pinch or press together the edges.
- Now take some milk and brush the crust from it and also sprinkle cinnamon sugar on it for some extra taste.
- Cover the edges with foil loosely.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until crust is golden brown and apples are tender.
Nutritional information of Apple Pear Pie Recipe
|Saturated fat||11 g|
|Vitamin C||6.6 mg|