Today, I will be sharing the recipe for apple chutney. It is a sweet, tangy and spicy apple chutney.
I just love to make chutneys as they can be added to many dishes to add to their taste. So I thought, why not make some healthy chutney out of fruit. And the best fruit for the chutney is an apple. Not only me but everyone who eats this chutney becomes fond of it.
Apple chutney is an easy recipe that can be made by boiling apples, onion, vinegar, cinnamon, ginger and sugar in a saucepan. Once done, cool it down and refrigerate the chutney till further use. Chutney is ready!
You will get the detailed steps in the recipe further, with all the required ingredients, time taken and nutritional content of this easy-to-make chutney. Do try this and you will see how much it will be liked at your place. This sauce is rich in flavor and worth all the efforts that go into making it. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Texas BBQ Sauce– This is a combination of sweet and spicy. It has a bold taste which makes it best to be paired with meats like chicken, pork, and beef. This sauce is rich in flavor and worth all the efforts that go into making it.
2. Hoffman House Cocktail Sauce– Hoffman house cocktail sauce is best paired with seafood. So the next time you are buying shrimps, make sure to try out this recipe.
3. Black Bean Sauce– Black bean sauce is a Chinese sauce that has a funky and spicy taste. In this post, let’s see how you can make this sauce at your home.
4. Cucumber Mint Raita– This raita is very healthy and good for summers. It perfectly goes along with any kind of food such as biryani, parathas, or whatever you like.
Apple Chutney Recipe
- 2 Large Tart Cooked Apples
- ½ cup Chopped Onion
- ¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Grated Orange Peel
- 1 tbsp Grated Fresh Ginger
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Take a medium saucepan. Add all the ingredients to the saucepan and stir them.
- Bring them to boil over a high flame. After a boil, reduce the flame to the lowest and cover the pan for 40 minutes.
- Uncover the pan after 40 minutes and cook till the liquid evaporates. Remove it from heat.
- Let it cool and refrigerate till further use.
Is there still any question in your mind regarding this apple chutney sauce? If yes, then leave your question in the comment section below. I will try to make every detail clear with my best knowledge. You can check other recipes like this which are easy to make, in our Dips and Sauces section. I hope you like them as much as we like them sharing with you. Have a good day!