Apple and spices together truly define the flavors of fall. But whoever said that these flavors have to be limited to just fall?! With this apple brown sugar syrup recipe, you can instantly turn any beverage or dessert into fall-flavored goodness!
You may already know about all the fall specials that Starbucks and various other coffee places have to offer around fall. (Yes, I’m talking about apple macchiatos!) It may seem like a huge deal to make one of these, but it isn’t!
The secret ingredient in these beverages is, you guessed it, simple apple brown sugar syrup! It is fascinating how heating a few ingredients together can give them such a rich taste! Moreover, this syrup could be better just for beverages!
You can use this to flavor several desserts too! Imagine having an apple cake soaked in rich apple brown sugar syrup! That sounds like all the autumn flavors combined to create, well, a paradise of flavors!
In this article, you will find the entire process of making apple brown sugar syrup at home by following a few easy steps. Everything is mentioned right here, from the equipment to the nutrition and everything in between. So, let’s get you started with this recipe!
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Apple Brown Sugar Syrup?
- Saucepan – To heat all the ingredients together to convert them to this syrup, you will need a medium-sized saucepan.
- Whisk – Take a medium-sized whisk to mix everything.
- Airtight Container – Once your syrup is ready, you must transfer it to an airtight container before refrigeration.
- Measuring Cups – A set of measuring cups will be handy to get the measurements right and precise.
- Measuring Spoons – Again, to get the measurements of the spices right, measuring spoons will be needed, but you can also eyeball the measurements if you would like.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Apple Brown Sugar Syrup?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||10 Minutes||15 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Apple Brown Sugar Syrup?
- Apple Juice – Apple juice is the star ingredient of this recipe, where all the flavor comes from. Here, you will need ¼ cup of unsweetened apple juice.
- Water – Water forms the base of any syrup, and to get a yield of almost 15-16 servings, ¾ cup of water will be needed.
- Brown Sugar – Yet one of the star ingredients that give this syrup a rich and malty flavor is a single cup of dark brown sugar.
- Cinnamon – Apple, and cinnamon are a match made in heaven, and this recipe will need just one teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Nutmeg – Lastly, nutmeg will help enhance the flavor of this syrup quite well, so we will be adding ½ teaspoon of the same.
Steps To Make Apple Brown Sugar Syrup
1. Prepare The Syrup
This recipe is so simple that it gets over in just a single step! Start by adding the apple juice, water, and brown sugar, to a saucepan. Let it boil, then add the ground cinnamon and nutmeg to it. Whisk and let it boil for another few minutes. Take the saucepan off the flame and transfer the syrup to an airtight container. Chill and use when needed!
Some Ways To Use Apple Brown Sugar Syrup
Here are some ways in which you can use your apple brown sugar syrup :
- Baking – To make apple spice flavored anything, a simple apple sugar syrup will surely help. Moreover, while layering cakes, you can soak them in this syrup to have an extra dimension of flavor.
- Beverages – Beverages don’t just have to be limited to macchiatos! You can very well add some of this syrup to cold beverages for flavor, both alcoholic and nonalcoholic.
- Marinades And Sauces – To give your marinades and sauces some extra flavor, add a touch of apple brown sugar syrup.
How Will The Apple Brown Sugar Syrup Look And Taste Like?
The apple brown sugar syrup will have a dark color, coming from the apple juice and brown sugar. The syrup is runny yet thick and viscous simultaneously, which is the perfect consistency.
Lastly, when it comes to flavor, you will get a highly sweet flavor, of course. But, because of the added brown sugar, it has a malty flavor. Moreover, the combination of apple juice and spice makes it smell and taste like fall!
Apple Brown Sugar Syrup Recipe
- 1/4 cup Apple Juice
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- Add brown sugar, apple juice, and water to a saucepan and boil.
- Add in the ground cinnamon and nutmeg, whisk and boil for another few minutes.
- Take it off the flame, transfer it to an airtight container, and then refrigerate until you use it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can sweetened apple juice be used for this recipe?
No, it is better to use unsweetened apple juice as the sweet version will add too much sugar to the syrup.
Can other spices be added to this recipe?
Yes, if you would like, you can add some ground cloves to this recipe.
Can this syrup be made in the microwave?
Yes, if you are short on time, you can also make this recipe in the microwave.
Can this syrup be left out at room temperature?
If you plan to use it within a few days of making the syrup, you can leave it at room temperature.
How long will this syrup last in the refrigerator and freezer?
Apple brown sugar syrup will last in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks and in the freezer easily for three months.
Sweet, malty, spicy, and rich, this syrup is delicious! Made easily with just a few steps, this apple brown sugar syrup is versatile too! Add it to several different recipes to make them taste just like fall! Storage is also easy, and the syrup stays good for a long time. So, in every way, this syrup is a total hit!