Apple brandy is one of the healthiest drinks among a variety of liquors. You can make it at your home by following a simple procedure that I will be sharing with you today.
Have you ever been in a dilemma regarding what to serve a surprise visitor? Well, this happens to me often. I just get so confused regarding what drink to serve them at first. Apple Brandy is a great drink that can be made when you are surprised by your guests.
To make apple brandy at home, you need brandy, water, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and apples. Bring the water and sugar to a boil to make a syrup. Remove from heat, add other ingredients and preserve it for some time. Strain before you serve. Just a few minutes of cooking is involved in making this drink.
There are more detailed steps waiting for you below. You will prefer brandy after knowing that, unlike other liquors, brandy has no carbohydrates and low cholesterol levels. It has antioxidants in it and helps you in weight management. I can’t wait to get my glass of it neither would you, I guess. But there are many other drinks that we’ve covered in our blog. You should definitely check them as well.
1. Coquito– Coquito is a traditional coconut punch served at Christmas and New Year’s celebrations in Puerto Rico. The creamy, sweet drink is similar to eggnog with rum but with the tropical element of coconut.
2. Limeade Margarita– Limeade is the best summer drink as its freshness keeps you up on a hot summer day. It is a sugary drink made of sugar, limes and water. Nothing can beat a glass of chilled limeade on a sunny day.
3. Mind Eraser– It is a cocktail that consists of layers of three different ingredients. This cocktail got its name because you can gulp this drink so fast. By the time you want to slow down, you already must be a bit tipsy.
4. Bacardi Coquito– It is the Spanish word Coquito which means “Little Coconut,” and Bacardi Coquito is Gluten-Free made from natural flavors.
Ingredients for Apple Brandy
- 4 cups Sugar
- 2 cups Water
- 4 pounds Apples (sliced)
- 1 liter Brandy
- 3 whole Cloves
- 1 Cinnamon Stick (3 inches)
- Additional Whole Cloves and Cinnamon Sticks
You can get the ingredients all fresh from your kitchen garden itself if you have planted apple trees. Do not worry if you are not able to get them in your home. They can be found in any supermarket. Let me tell you the time you need to prepare this drink.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Apple Brandy?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Additional Time||Total Time|
|5 minutes||5 minutes||2 weeks||2 weeks 10 minutes|
Are you worried about looking at the time requirement? Don’t be as it is just the preserving time for the brandy. Rest you can make it in just 10 minutes. Let’s move on to the steps involved.
Steps to Make Apple Brandy
- Take a saucepan and add sugar and water to it. Bring them to a boil till the sugar dissolves completely. Remove it from the flame.
- In a glass or plastic container, place apple slices. Add the syrup, brandy, cinnamon sticks and cloves in it. Rest this for 2 weeks at least. Stir it once a week.
- Strain the brandy into a glass bottle. Place three cloves and one cinnamon stick in the bottle. Serve when needed.
It is a simple yet great drink to have for a day you want to relax.
Nutritional Breakdown of Apple Brandy
Let’s see how many calories does this drink provides us.
How to Make Apple Brandy at Home | Video
I have also uploaded a video to help you out with more details. Watch the video once. Still, if you have any doubt, feel free to leave your query in the comment section below. I will be glad to help you in any manner.
Also, if you have any suggestion of a recipe you like to learn about, suggest me in the comment section. I will get back to you surely. For now, just lay back and enjoy your drink. Cheers!