An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Well, who isn’t familiar with this phrase. To make a snack out of the apple is what the recipe for today is about. The recipe is of Apple Beignets.
Cooking a recipe with apples is a call for the winters. Apple Beignets are traditionally part of the New Year’s Eve celebration in the Netherlands. They smell so good that you won’t be able to stop yourself from having multiple of them. They also make a party dessert that can be served to the guests.
Making apple beignets at home is a great idea. All you have to do is activate the yeast, prepare the batter to coat the apple rounds, dunk the apples in the batter and fry them. And the apple snack will be ready to enjoy. The crispiness on the outside and soft crunch of apple inside will be great package altogether.
You will get more detailed steps to be followed to make this dish further. All age groups will love this recipe. To prepare this recipe at your place without any doubt. You will see the plate vanished in minutes. To start with the recipe, first look at the ingredients you require.
Ingredients For Apple Beignets
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 cup Lukewarm Water
- 4 1/2 teaspoons Dry Instant Yeast
- 400 g All-Purpose Flour
- 50 g Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 475 ml Whole Milk
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 8 cups Vegetable Oil
- 6 Apples
- Confectioners’ Sugar and Ground Cinnamon (for garnishing)
How Much It Will Take To Prepare Apple Beignets?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Additional Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||20 minutes||60 minutes||1 hour 30 minutes|
To prepare apple cinnamon beignets at home will take 30 minutes only. 1 hour is the resting time of the dough to make it double. Let’s see what other steps are involved.
Steps To Make Apple Beignets
- Take a small bowl and add 1 teaspoon of sugar in ½ cup of lukewarm water. Add the yeast on top and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix flour and ¼ cup of sugar together. Make a hollow space in the mixture and in this space add eggs and yeast mixture.
- Pour half of the lukewarm milk into this. Combine them well. Pour in rest of the milk and whisk till it gets smooth.
- Using a damp cloth, cover the bowl and set aside in a warm area for 1 hour. After the dough gets doubled, stir the salt in it. Consistency of the dough should be very slack and be like a thick batter.
- In a deep pan or deep fryer, heat oil to 350 F/180 C. To check the oil’s temperature, insert wooden spoon handle in the oil. If bubbles arise, the oil is ready to use.
- Peel the apples, core and slice them in thick rounds. Dip each slice of apple into the dough mixture. Shaking off the excess batter, drop the apple in the hot oil.
- They may sink at the bottom first but eventually pop back. Fry them until they are golden brown. Avoid over flipping the apple rounds. Drain them over paper towels.
- Dust confectioners’ sugar on the fried apples beignets and sprinkle some cinnamon.
- Serve warm.
At the moment of confusion regarding which dessert to make or snack to serve, this recipe can be the saviour. They may look like doughnuts to you but will give you a great taste. You can serve this with a caramel sauce or whipped cream.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Apple Beignets
We all know apple is a nutritious fruit. Let’s see how much this beignets with cinnamon are nutritious to us.
How To Make Apple Cinnamon Beignets At Home | Video
I have uploaded the video to help you with every detail of this apple cinnamon beignets. Do watch the video for more detailed steps.
Make sure you try these apple beignets at your home and let me know its reviews. You can write your queries, reviews and any suggestions in the comment section below. I will be happy to help you. Do not hesitate to ask your questions. It will help you and be a great help to others who are going to try the recipe. I hope you enjoy making them. Have a great day!