An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Well, who isn’t familiar with this phrase. To make a snack out of the apple is what the recipe for today is about. The recipe is for Apple Beignets.
Cooking a recipe with apples is a call for the winter. Apple Beignets are traditionally part of the New Year’s Eve celebration in the Netherlands. They smell so good that you won’t be able to stop yourself from having multiple of them. They also make a party dessert that can be served to the guests.
Making apple beignets at home is a great idea. All you have to do is activate the yeast, prepare the batter to coat the apple rounds, dunk the apples in the batter and fry them. And the apple snack will be ready to enjoy. The crispiness on the outside and soft crunch of apple inside will be a great package altogether.
You will get more detailed steps to be followed to make this dish further. All age groups will love this recipe. To prepare this recipe at your place without any doubt. You will see the plate vanished in minutes. But before we jump onto the recipe, let’s check out some other desserts that you might like.
1. Microwave Vegan Fruit Dessert– This microwave vegan fruit dessert is super healthy, gluten-free and best for the autumn season. Vegan fruit dessert is super delicious and an easy-to-make recipe. The delicious Rhubarb balances an old-fashioned dessert that might otherwise seem sickly sweet.
2. Texas Gold Bars– Texas Gold bars are so addictive as they are a combination of cake and cookies. It is a perfect dessert that is simple and unique. You can also make it at your home by following this simple recipe.
3. Noodle Kugel– Kugel is essentially a baked pudding that can be either sweet or savory and is traditional on Jewish holidays. Not too sweet with a hint of cinnamon, it’s worth making over and over again.
4. Apple Crisp– Apple crisp is made with nuts and oats in its topping. This recipe is very easy to make and anyone can make it at their home without any fuss.
Ingredients For Apple Beignets
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 cup Lukewarm Water
- 4 1/2 teaspoons Dry Instant Yeast
- 400 g All-Purpose Flour
- 50 g Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 475 ml Whole Milk
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 8 cups Vegetable Oil
- 6 Apples
- Confectioners’ Sugar and Ground Cinnamon (for garnishing)
How Much It Will Take To Prepare Apple Beignets?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Additional Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||20 minutes||60 minutes||1 hour 30 minutes|
To prepare apple cinnamon beignets at home will take 30 minutes only. 1 hour is the resting time of the dough to make it double. Let’s see what other steps are involved.
Steps To Make Apple Beignets
- Take a small bowl and add 1 teaspoon of sugar to ½ cup of lukewarm water. Add the yeast on top and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix flour and ¼ cup of sugar together. Make a hollow space in the mixture and in this space, add eggs and yeast mixture.
- Pour half of the lukewarm milk into this. Combine them well. Pour in the rest of the milk and whisk it till it gets smooth.
- Using a damp cloth, cover the bowl and set it aside in a warm area for 1 hour. After the dough gets doubled, stir the salt in it. The consistency of the dough should be very slack and be like a thick batter.
- In a deep pan or deep fryer, heat oil to 350 F/180 C. To check the oil’s temperature, insert a wooden spoon handle in the oil. If bubbles arise, the oil is ready to use.
- Peel the apples, core and slice them in thick rounds. Dip each slice of apple into the dough mixture. Shaking off the excess batter, drop the apple in the hot oil.
- They may sink at the bottom first but eventually pop back. Fry them until they are golden brown. Avoid over-flipping the apple rounds. Drain them over paper towels.
- Dust confectioners’ sugar on the fried apple beignets and sprinkle some cinnamon.
- Serve warm.
At the moment of confusion regarding which dessert to make or snack to serve, this recipe can be the savior. They may look like doughnuts to you but will give you a great taste. You can serve this with a caramel sauce or whipped cream.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Apple Beignets
We all know apple is a nutritious fruit. Let’s see how much this beignets with cinnamon are nutritious to us.
How To Make Apple Cinnamon Beignets At Home | Video
I have uploaded the video to help you with every detail of this apple cinnamon beignets. Do watch the video for more detailed steps.
Make sure you try these apple beignets at your home and let me know its reviews. You can write your queries, reviews and any suggestions in the comment section below. I will be happy to help you. Do not hesitate to ask your questions. It will help you and be a great help to others who are going to try the recipe. I hope you enjoy making them. Have a great day!