Angel food cake is a healthy and delicious cake recipe. Today, let’s see how you can make it at your home.
The recipe is best for people who are on a strict diet and want to eat something tasty. This cake makes use of all ingredients that are totally healthy and full of nutrients. I first got to know about the recipe when I was losing weight. You should definitely try out making the cake once.
To make angel food cake, mix egg whites, cream of tartar, extracts, salt and flour. Now, preheat the oven to 350F. Then, pour the mixture into a tube pan and bake for 40-45 minutes. Let it cool and serve.
This was just an overview of the recipe and the complete recipe is mentioned below. If you love cakes, then you should definitely check out the other cake recipes that I’ve handpicked just for you.
1. Panda Cake– Make the best panda cake with this recipe. This cute and tasty cake is something that you and your kids can’t resist. These easy panda cakes will be fun to serve for Valentine’s Day, a baby shower, a birthday party, or Sweetest Day.
2. Fruity Pebbles Cheesecake– This delicious Fruity Pebble crust is a delight to the mouth. Without the need to bake, Fruity Pebbles Cheesecake takes much less time to cook as compared to regular cheesecake.
3. Garden Harvest Cake– This cake is different from other cakes because it is healthy because of the fact that it has some healthy ingredients in it like Apple, Zucchini and Carrot. And it was so fun to make this cake for the first time.
4. Dr. Bird Cake– Dr. Bird Cake is a soft cake flavored with banana and pineapple. It’s baked in a 9×13 pan and is essentially a scaled-down version of a classic Hummingbird Cake.
Ingredients for Angel Food Cake Recipe
|Egg Whites||1-¼ cups|
|Cream of Tartar||1-¼ teaspoon|
|Vanilla Extract||1 teaspoon|
|Almond Extract||¼ teaspoon|
The ingredients are finally here and now you can make a list of the items you don’t have at your home. Grab them from any local supermarket and start the journey of making this delicious cake at home.
How Much Time Will it Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||35 Minutes Baking||50 Minutes|
Time is just a reminder to tell you how long you have to wait to get this recipe on your plate. These timings are in our favor and are relatively less. We can easily make this cake at our convenience and at any time we want.
After the timings and ingredients, the last and the most important step will lead us to the making of this angel food cake. The steps that I have listed below will help you get the best angel food cake you have ever made at home.
Angel Food Cake Recipe
- Take out the egg whites and put them in a large bowl. Keep them aside and add some sugar to it. Mix it well.
- Now you will have to preheat your oven to 350F and meanwhile, your oven is heating up, add cream of tartar, extracts and salt to the egg whites. Whisk them to form peaks.
- Add some more sugar and beat it with the help of a blender if you have one. Add some flour and mix it well. Make sure both flour and egg whites are incorporated completely.
- Put this batter into a tube pan and remove the air pockets from it using a knife. Bake it for about 40-45 minutes until the topmost part appears brown.
- Take the pan out of the oven and invert it to take out the cake. Let it cool for about 1 hour.
- Keep your cake on the table and it’s ready to serve.
What else is left? Just take a slice of cake and have a bite of it. Praise yourself and the skills that you have. No one can match the baking skills and the way you made this cake; trust me, you will love it.
Nutritional Breakdown of Angel Food Cake
As a dessert, people are always curious about calories and other stuff that these recipes contain. To satisfy your curiosity, here are the complete details that you can have.
How to Make Angel Food Cake at Home | Video
Here is a video of this angel food cake recipe that can help you to make it better.
I hope you like this recipe and would to hear from you guys. Please comment down your reviews about this recipe and let us know which recipe you would like us to make and share with you guys next time. Till then, have a great day and stay tuned for more delicious recipes.