What do you guys call a recipe that is both healthy and delicious? I think it should be called a perfect meal. A meal that gives you everything that your body needs and also makes your tongue feel the taste that it wants. What if I tell you that the above-written words were for a cake recipe? OMG! This will be so exciting to have a healthy cake and make no bad impact on our health. So what is this cake called?
The cake recipe that I am talking about is a popular recipe and various people who love to workout and have a strict diet schedule also consider this in their diet. So, this mesmerizing cake is called Angel Food Cake. The word food is used because this cake uses only healthy and common edible items that are usually present in our home. So, what do you say? Ready to have a slice of heaven?
This cake is good for your kids and those who are not a big fan of desserts. This cake is not going to disturb your diet schedule and will not affect your health in any manner. So, are you guys ready to witness this beautiful cake recipe? Then let’s come and make it a reality.
Ingredients for Angel Food Cake Recipe
|Egg Whites||1-¼ cups|
|Cream of tartar||1-¼ tsp.|
|Vanilla extract||1 tsp.|
|Almond extract||¼ tsp.|
The ingredients are finally here and now you can make a list of the items you don’t have at your home. Grab them from any local supermarket and start the journey of making this delicious cake at home.
How Much Time Will it Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||35 Minutes Baking||50 Minutes|
Time is just a reminder to tell you how long you have to wait to get this recipe on your plate. These timings are in our favor and are relatively less. We can easily make this cake at our convenience and at any time we want.
After the timings and ingredients, the last and the most important step will lead us to the making of this angel food cake. The steps that I have listed below will help you get the best angel food cake you have ever made at home.
Angel Food Cake Recipe
- Take out the egg whites and put them in a large bowl. Keep them aside and add some sugar to it. Mix it well.
- Now you will have to preheat your oven to 350F and meanwhile, your oven is heating up, add cream of tartar, extracts and salt to the egg whites. Whisk them to form peaks.
- Add some more sugar and beat it with the help of a blender if you have. Add some flour and mix it well. Make sure both flour and egg whites are incorporated completely.
- Put this batter into a tube pan and remove the air pockets from it using a knife. Bake it for about 40-45 minutes until the topmost part appears brown.
- Take the pan out of the oven and invert it to take out the cake. Let it cool for about 1 hour.
- Keep your cake on the table and it’s ready to serve.
What else is left? Just take a slice of cake and have a bite of it. Praise yourself and the skills that you have. No one can match the baking skills and the way you made this cake; trust me, you will love it.
Nutritional Breakdown of Angel Food Cake
As a dessert, people are always curious about calories and other stuff that these recipes contain. To satisfy your curiosity, here are the complete details that you can have.
How to Make Angel Food Cake at Home | Video
Here is a video of this angel food cake recipe that can help you to make it better.
I hope you like this recipe and would to hear from you guys. Please comment down your reviews about this recipe and let us know which recipe you would like us to make and share with you guys next time. Till then, have a great day and stay tuned for more such delicious recipes.